Using ES5pro at Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by carbonex21, Jul 20, 2009.

1. carbonex21

carbonex21 Regular Member

I was fortunate to use the Yonex machine stringing at Wimbledon this year. And of course had to sneak a few badminton rackets in too!

Attached Files:

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    How did you it stringing badminton frames? I hear the clamps are super duper.

3. carbonex21

The machine has different clamps for badminton and tennis, and also the points holding the frame can be changed for badminton too. So this was the only machine at Wimbledon that had the parts for stringing badminton rackets.

The other 10 machines were Prince Neos 5000 and there was one Babolat machine too. The Yonex machine looks a bit chunky compared to other top of the line stringing machines, but the build quality is really first rate. I really want one of these now.

The final couple of days are not so busy, so I brought some of my own work to do. A TV crew from Star TV and did an interview about stringing, they also took some shots of the machines including the Yonex one with a badminton racket. I wonder if they thought 'What's a badminton racket doing here?'

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yonex machine is the only one come with both badminton and tennis tools. For any other machine, you need to pay extra to get the badminton kit.

PS, I will not attend US Open in NY this year. Going to Calgary in Sept... Master Cooler, here I come...

Dear Peter the greatest,

Give me some good reason to visit VAN in Dec for Skiing trip. No badminton reason please. Because Ms. will cross VAN out for any badminton trip.

Thank you!

#4 silentheart, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  5. carbonex21

Is anyone using this professionally and doing large volumes of rackets? If so, can you give your opinion on it? Especially in terms of reliabilty. Many thanks

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Oh they did not interview you carbonex21? :eek: !!!

7. carbonex21

No they interviewed another stringer. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate anyway because the interviewer was too pretty.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Did you get the number? :D

9. carbonex21

I didn't think there would be much chance with all those millionaire tennis players around :mad: