Is this knot okay?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by yuenie, Jul 20, 2009.

1. yuenie

yuenie Regular Member

Student
    I just got this stringed and I was wondering if it is okay that the top knot's ends are so "long"? Because the way it is tied, it is wrapped all the way down to the cross and then the loose ends of the knot is noticeably longer than usual string jobs.
    Will this effect the effectiveness of the stringing or when I play badminton?

I bought another racket that's exactly the same as this one (at the same time), but they tied the knot in a different grommet for the other racket and it is tied normally, so to speak.

(Sorry, I couldn't provide any more of a closeup because my camera isn't that good.)

[​IMG]

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    From the pic, I do not think the knots will really effect your playability. If the racket is strung by a reputable stringer, I assume the knotting is fine, with his/her own style. If the extra long "tail" really bothers you, you can use a sharp nail clipper to trim it shorter, just be very careful not to cut the sting bed.

Overall, I do not see it's going to be too big of a problem. However, if you feel the last 1 or 2 pieces of string losing great amount of tension in a short period of time, then it's a totally different story. ;)

3. Alom

Alom Regular Member

Thats weird... from the 1st picture it looks like theres two tails? is that correct?

4. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    It is kind of knot they used in tennis. You put a piece of string in the knot to act like a cushion. It supposes to reduce the stress on the anchor string. So it is good.