View Poll Results: Who will win the WD title at the 2009 WC?
- 153. You may not vote on this poll
Chin Eei Hui & Wong Pei Tty
Cheng Shu & Zhao Yunlei
Lee Hyo Jung & Lee Kyung Won
Ha Jung Eun & Kim Min Jung
Du Jing & Yu Yang
Ma Jin & Wang Xiaoli
Cheng Wen Hsing & Chien Yu Chin
Zhang Yawen & Zhao Ting Ting
Lena Frier Kristiansen & Kamilla Rytter Juhl
Shendy Puspa Irawati & Meiliana Jauhari
Miyuki Maeda & Satoko Suetsuna
07-21-2009, 11:25 AM #1
Who will win the WD title at the 2009 WC?
Who will win the Women's Doubles title at the 2009 Hyderabad World Championships?
07-21-2009, 11:28 AM #2
I'd be surprised..
..if it's none other than one of the quartet CHN ladies pairs..
My choice, either Du Jing & Yu Yang or ZYW & ZTT..
let me guess, MD & XD poll are up next..
07-21-2009, 11:47 AM #3
I think it's really down to Du / Yu's health status. Otherwise, it's pretty open for all other CHN pairs.
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM #4
du and yu^^
go and grab it
07-21-2009, 12:05 PM #5
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM #6
For a second..
..if Oldhand had put Du Jing & Yu Yang in the MD category, would anyone really notice it???..
07-21-2009, 12:22 PM #7
07-21-2009, 12:46 PM #8
^^Looking at the current total vote number..^^
..and due to the overwhelming support for Du Jing & Yu Yang, yes, i believe we should put them in the MD category...
07-21-2009, 02:18 PM #9
^ LOL, Hehe ,-)
Oh btw what's your opinion bout their junior, WSY/ZJK?
WC titles to complete their OG gold is likely for DJ/YY,
Heard some news bout YY injury, though. Any update?
Had they failed, there's still another 3 strong CHN pairs to secure the gold and continue the glory they created since WC '97
LHJ/LKW and CEH/WPT had slim chance, hope they use it well
Hm, hm, hm, hm
after some random picking among CHN*WD,
my vote goes for ZTT/ZYW
Gold always elude them from their WC perf. w/ their former pair
Give them chance lah b4 retired
07-21-2009, 02:40 PM #10
^^Who, What, How & Why..^^
- Who?? Their junior, who?? WSY & ZJK, who?? Never seen them perform. Sorry. I'll wait til i see them in regular action against the big boys and big gals, in SS tourneys..
- Yes, we don't know the recovery progress of their injury..But i would assume they'll be ready to rock & roll come the WC..
- A slim chance is all they've got. It's either slim or none. IMO, their major obstacles to the Final Rd are the 2 relatively "new to the WC stage" CHN pairs of MJ & WXL (possible QF Rd duel) and CS & ZYL (possible SF Rd duel).
- Looking @ the WD draw, yes, ZYW & ZTT seem to have the "easiest" path, to the Semis, of the 4 CHN WD pairs..
Last edited by ctjcad; 07-21-2009 at 02:45 PM.
07-21-2009, 03:15 PM #11
This year, they recently played in some GPG tourney,
still waiting in line to make the cut to enter 1st team and play @ SS level tourney, i guess
2. Yes, hope all the best players/pairs compete in their best form, and show us lots of spectacular matches (LOL ,-D)
3. Agreed. This time, will the experience give the upper hand to the KOR and MAS senior pairs? It's WC after all we've babblin about
4. Yes, i agree with you. One of the reason i finally pick ZTT/ZYW is bcoz they have easiest path to reach SF b4 clash w/ other top pairs (or their own teammates)
07-21-2009, 03:39 PM #12
My feeling is that ZYW & ZTT will pull through. That little doubt of injury to YY/DJ will sway the balance
07-21-2009, 08:59 PM #13
I vote for ZYW/ZTT. But, maybe the "black horses" Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli will win the WC? haha....
07-21-2009, 09:45 PM #14
I voated DJ/YY............this tomboy pair will prevail after their Olympi 08........
07-22-2009, 02:13 AM #15
I want to vote for DJ/YY, but first, anybody know if YY has recovered?
07-22-2009, 03:14 AM #16
Ma Jin / Wang Xiaoli....
07-22-2009, 03:29 AM #17
Zhang Yawen/Zhao Tingting
By nonie in forum China Masters / Japan Open 2009Replies: 15: 09-22-2009, 01:51 AM
By Oldhand in forum World Championships 2009Replies: 394: 08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
By Oldhand in forum World Championships 2009Replies: 106: 08-17-2009, 10:34 AM
By Oldhand in forum World Championships 2009Replies: 76: 08-17-2009, 05:06 AM
By Oldhand in forum World Championships 2009Replies: 171: 08-17-2009, 03:23 AM