AT150, AT30, or NS500?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by firearc, Jul 21, 2009.

1. firearc

firearc Regular Member

Hey I'm trying to decide what yonex racket to get under $80. I do not hit very hard, intermediate player. Armortec 150, 30 or nanospeed 500? Any other yonex rackets better under $80?

2. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    If you are a player who is characteristically more toward control and placement instead of hard-hitting smash; Nanospeed 500 probably will be more suitable across the given choices.

Armortec series are generally rather stiffer and head-heavier compared to Nanospeed series. Few years ago I used Yonex Carbonex 880 Tour SP; it's a made-in-Japan Yonex and provided me with splendid defending plays. Bought it at S$79; not sure whether it is still available nowadays.

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

If I remember correctly the AT150 is rated medium flex, which is pretty flexible for an Armortec model and conjunction with the heavy head you should be able to get some power from it and I think according to Yonex it is also has a good feel for recieving based game play. The AT30 seems to be of similar specs to the AT150 but in a different colour scheme.

The NS500 is also rated at medium flex while having a lighter head than the Armortecs. You may feel easier to play defensive games with it while the lighter head may attract you to hone your wrist power to execute stronger shots.

My 2cents, may not really make sense to some so I apologise if that's the case.

4. deenao

deenao Regular Member

racket enthusiast
    mp rackets under offer

hi

i think theres a promotion goin for muscle power rackets.under $80.
    they r mostly medium stiff racket .

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    You can't go wrong with NS500.