User Tag List

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upload your photo to a free image hosting site like www.photobucket.com or www.auctionpix.co.uk, then copy the link here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,
    It is pretty interesting and if this is the case then your concern doesn't exist anymore because down the road the tension will even out.
    "Unless someone can figure a way to make the top cross tie off as tight as starting the cross from the top, I will just start with 2PTD."
    Also Pete if you are stringing your own racket wouldn't that be better to verify this by yourself rather than just taking his words on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally moving off topic guys....back to Zymax! can anyone actually give some solid feedback on how it performs..ashaway are describing it as:

"Quite Simply the Best Badminton String in the World"

wow, what a claim....can anyone compare it to top performing strings such as bg80, nanogy 95 in terms of, power, control, durability, and holding tension....much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i second that,

I am thinking about ordering the strings, can anybody compare them with yonex strings. Anybody tried zymax 62

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am going to re-strung my NS7700 with Zymax 62 (24 x 26) this weekend, will feedback you guys later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strung both my 900Ps with ZyMax a few days ago, and played with them for the first time yesterday. One was strung with 67 at 27.5 x 30, the other with 62 at the same tension.

The reason I strung them so high was the ZM62 is specced as "up to 30lb" and I wanted to see if it could take it and what the durability would be. I strung the other at the same tension for a like-for-like comparison between ZM62 and ZM67.

The first thing to say is that I knew they were going to be too tight for me (I normally use BG80 at 25.5 x 28). They were, but not as much as I'd suspected. The ZM62 in particular was tiring to play with and had an uncomfortably small sweet spot. The ZM67 was a bit more forgiving.

The object of the exercise was to test the durability of the strings, not to review them - I'll do that in a few weeks by cutting them out (if they haven't broken by then) and restringing at about 26 or 27 lb.

But, given that they are at completely the wrong tension for me, I played with them both all night and have no muscle soreness this morning :-) It wouldn't be fair of me to say how good I thought the strings were though, other than to say that the tension-holding properties are amazing. Don't bet on it bedding in and relaxing much - what you string it at is pretty much what it stays at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to believe that the most important property in a string is its absolute playability, over all others, including tension-holding properties or durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I would like to believe that the most important property in a string is its absolute playability, over all others, including tension-holding properties or durability.
    I agree 100%, but I was very curious about the claims Ashaway are making about the tension-holding properties and the ability of a 0.62mm string to handle 30lb. The only was to satisfy my curiosity was to suck it & see.

I'll assess the playability another time, until then I'll use my AT700s for matches and the ZyMaxed-900Ps for club nights...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanogy98 at 26 mains and 36 crosses.
    Clear string is about 2.5 months old and red is recent.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing 26 x 36 doesn't look too bad at all. still i don't want to risk my racket, but might start adding more lbs from "10% rule" to "15% or even 20%" (eg. 23 X 27.5, 25 X 30) and see the performance.
    Last edited by sudirman; 08-13-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobeh do you know what machine your stringer use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobeh View Post
    My former stringer who has high credentials, having been one of the official stringers at Wimbledon during the Tennis Championships worked out that by using 26mains/36crosses the load is spread evenly to 31lbs. And the strings feel bouncy as opposed to stiff or hard apart from the sweet spot.
    And no, never has a racket caved in or any other issues.
    Been using this now for many years.
    I wouldn't trust any stringer with a machine with this. Too many cowboys out there. My present stringer(the other guy retired) is really good. Also best done on an electronic machine calibirated properly.
    And I have used BG66 with no problems.
    From the pictures they are all 4 knots, how could the tensions on main and cross get even out ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what make of machine he uses. Lots of high level county players have their rackets strung by him.

As for 4 knots and tension spread, I'm not best placed to explain although it was explained. I just went with it and liked how the racket plays. Even have converted fellow members to it. Hahahaha.

BTW if you want a lower tension just reduce to 25/35, 24/34. Wouldn't go much lower than that myself. But suck it and see.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW if you want a lower tension just reduce to 25/35, 24/34. Wouldn't go much lower than that myself. But suck it and see.
    I would refrain from condoning this type of stringing style. On a current, typical isometric racket, if you do a 10+lbs. difference between the main and cross, the racket will break or eventually break.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanogy98 at 26 mains and 36 crosses.
    Clear string is about 2.5 months old and red is recent.
    If what you are saying is true, a 26/36 string pattern, the only way I see your stringer "creating" this shape is by mounting your racket without putting any pressure or minimal pressure on the side mounts, pulling the mains until the frame presses against the side mounts, making your racket very round (and stressing it significantly ), then pulling the cross strings to get it back to or close to the original shape.

My experience has been this type of stringing is too much stress on the racket.

You also mentioned your stringer uses this type of stringing with BG66 with no problems. Maybe my gripper is too hard on badminton string but 36lbs. with a 10% pre-stretch will break the string just about every time I string, tried it 5 times now. The highest I would go on BG66 is 33lbs. with a 10% pre-stretch and even then, the string breaks after clearing for 5 minutes.

How long does your string job last? How many rackets have you broken with a string job like this?

Finally, though I do not condone this, if it works for you and you don't break rackets or string, more power to you. I know that if I went with this kind of set-up, I would be breaking rackets and string every time I played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried the Zymax 62's and Zymax 67's so far. I would say they are both great strings. I have been trying out Ashaway strings as of recently because I have been trying to find a cheaper alternative to Yonex. My string of choice for Yonex are the BG80's so I wanted something with a similar feel or better.

I got to try the Zymax 62's for a few days before I snapped them. I must say these strings feel very good. I didn't have problems controlling the bird and these strings have a very good sound when smashing. However, since these strings are so thin they can break quite easily. I broke these strings in 2 days because I was smashing a lot. I would probably suggest using these strings on 2 different racquets and switching off after each game in hopes of prolonging the life. I usually get my strings strung at 28 pounds but I went down to 26 pounds.

As for the Zymax 67's for me they don't feel as good as the 62's. The control is about the same, but the 62's have more repulsion. The Zymax 67's have a very good sound when smashing too. I have only used the 67's for a day now. I'll provide more feedback later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The racket is clamped on the outset pre-stringing and the shape maintained. Never does the racket go out of shape while being strung and maintains the same shape as before being strung. I have been there and seen this done. Also I don't do pre-stretching.
    Before I started using Nanogy98 I had BG66 and to my knowledge they have been fine. I did however break the BG66's quite regularly and felt uneasy if I didn't have a couple of spare rackets strung the same.
    But the Nanogy98 is godsend. They are the strongest string at 66mm that I know. So far haven't broken any and I'm not the only one. Far bigger hitters say the same thing.
    And I would like to add that the Isometric shape is prone to breaking much more easily than an Oval one. Being that I don't use ISO's I can't comment.
    ISO's are the manufacturer's dream, they sell more rackets!!
    And once upon a time before Yonex started specifying that their endorsees use whatever new model they wanted to unleash on the market at ridiculous prices, I remember the entire Chinese team playing with CAB20's. The Oval shape is strong and lasts a long time, not good for manufacturers.....hahahaha.
    Oh, please don't try my stringing preference. I only mentioned it as I was asked. See earlier post.
    Tara.

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast