User Tag List

Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ZM65 @ 27lbs.

strange string. it produces a pretty good boom sound when hitting really hard. but for mid/light shots, the feeling is kind of dead.

feels kinda like the ZM70.

i don't like it. ZM62 is much better for me.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ZM65 @ 27lbs.

strange string. it produces a pretty good boom sound when hitting really hard. but for mid/light shots, the feeling is kind of dead.

Maybe your overgrip is too cushy, causing you to not "feel" the shot as easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GrandMaster Tedski is joking of course.

ZM 62 is too good but too fragile . . . Perhaps, ZM 65 will do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedski View Post
    I am a descent hitter but certainly not in the class of hard hitter at all. Pete_LSD easily kick my bud using his left hand with one eyes closed, let alone his right with the cleaver.

Guess I need to improve and pay more attention on hitting the sweet spot every time. I still have one Precision with ZM62, going to be real careful on this one to see if it could survive through a 2 hour section.

Ted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restring my racquet with ZM67 @ 24lbs. Play for 2 hrs and found string movement more on the main and less on the cross.
    Never experience it with BG66. Any idea what cause the string movement?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by araz916 View Post
    Restring my racquet with ZM67 @ 24lbs. Play for 2 hrs and found string movement more on the main and less on the cross.
    Zymax strings are prone to more string movement when newly strung, especially at lower tensions. From my experience and that of others, it'll improve with time as the strings "cut" into each other. Meanwhile it doesn't affect play at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by araz916 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Zymax strings are prone to more string movement when newly strung, especially at lower tensions. From my experience and that of others, it'll improve with time as the strings "cut" into each other. Meanwhile it doesn't affect play at all.
    Usually it is the longer main strings that move when the strings are newly strung due to the higher gripping surface of the strings. Movements are more pronounced with angular shots. Stringing at higher tensions of more than 28lbs will minimize such movement but not eliminating it completely.
    At any given tension string movement when the strings are newly strung is a sign of high quality. In other words the ZM62 is a more grippy string than the BG66.
    From the above it also means that when strings stop moving after a few weeks of play, it is about time to replace with a new string job. Newly strung strings that do not move have almost no grip on their surfaces-the cork of the shuttle slips/skids away more instead of biting deep into the cork base.
    Strings that move initially but then stop moving after a few weeks of play have their "contact points" between the mains and crosses bruised or broken into to form notches. It is these notches that stop string movement on old strings.
    In brief, strings that don't move when new are poor strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also experience string movement woth ZM70 and Panda told me the same thing that was mentioned above.

So when the string stops moving, that's the time to replace the string?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Yes, if you want to have the best playability. However, if costs of having to constantly restring are high then you may have to accept lower playability by using them longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the court I notice more movement also on the ZM62 then BG-80 or 66. So if this string movment is good, does that mean after every rally we should check/move the strings or just let it be and play on?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    On the court I notice more movement also on the ZM62 then BG-80 or 66. So if this string movment is good, does that mean after every rally we should check/move the strings or just let it be and play on?
    Of course you should move the strings back to their original positions. But please note stringing ZM62 from at least 27lbs up will reduce such string movements than at say 24lbs. Besides ZM62 only begins to play great from 27-28lbs up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I will continue checking my strings perodically. Another question, since stringing at higher tension doesn't eliminate string movement but minimizies. Does it affect how quickly the string will lose it's playability. Example ZM62 at 25lbs would keep it's playability longer then 27lbs. Since at higher tensions the string is strung tighter togther it would make it's notches quicker then a lower strung string right?

Going off topic a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic too...

I'm using zymax 62 @ 24lbs and I noticed that small threads are popping out from the strings. Does this mean I have to replace the string soon?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker View Post
    Off topic too...

I'm using zymax 62 @ 24lbs and I noticed that small threads are popping out from the strings. Does this mean I have to replace the string soon?
    It means that the strings are fraying, and will sooner rather than later, break. Be prepared to be taking your racket to the stringer soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Ok I will continue checking my strings perodically. Another question, since stringing at higher tension doesn't eliminate string movement but minimizies. Does it affect how quickly the string will lose it's playability. Example ZM62 at 25lbs would keep it's playability longer then 27lbs. Since at higher tensions the string is strung tighter togther it would make it's notches quicker then a lower strung string right?

Going off topic a bit.
    It all depends what you are looking for. At 27lbs playability will be better than at 25lbs, so there is no contest from day one. If playability is most important to you, then the period when notching starts is academic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I also experience string movement woth ZM70 and Panda told me the same thing that was mentioned above.

all strings move when new,

thinner ones more especially zymax 0.62

and such movement of string depends on how you hit the bird,

flat most of the time or sometime with a bit of slice.

replacing your string when it stops moving?

i think not necessary unless its quite long, say a month onwards or several sessions

for fine strings like 0.62-0.66 or when you get that 'dead feel'

just to illustrate:

i have a spare racket for heavy feeding and i am very sure the string tension has zero elasticity, no more resilience, dead like a duck but main string still moves!

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    It means that the strings are fraying, and will sooner rather than later, break. Be prepared to be taking your racket to the stringer soon.
    I better go to my stringer before it snaps. Thanks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ZM65 @ 27lbs.

ok. i played a few hard doubles games with the ZM65@27lbs on my ARC10. i have yet experience something so powerful. the sound and the power when correctly executed exceeds beyond ZM62@27lbs. one has to work on it to get the power out of the string, but when properly executed, the string will reward you back with every ounce that you put it.

it felt really really good. i have never felt something as powerful as this string on my ARC10 yet.

Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 82 ... LastLast