User Tag List

Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    How can you say that?

Does repulsion not come from how the string reacts to being stretched? If so, then since the jacket is stretched as well, would that not also affect repulsion?
    Yes, I mean what I have said. The core is the center of power and resilience, the finer and thinner the multi filaments/fibers that make up the core the greater the repulsion and resilience. The jacket is usually braided for protection and has no multi filaments oriented for power or repulsion, merely for protection against abrasion.
    As a matter of fact the jacket can be an impediment to repulsion because its braided structure inhibits power delivery. You can have a look at a typical Yonex string packet showing the structure of a string. The outer layer or jacket is braided and coarse oriented not for stretching or contraction but strictly for protection of the finer fibers in the core.
    The jacket is necessary because it will not be practical to have a string with only a core without protection because the string will snap with the very first hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i, once tested some baddy strings for a rather big taiwanese manufacturer.

just to illustrate:

sample a and b.

same core with normal coating versus same core with special coating.

the difference is distinguishable. the special or rather thicker coating plays awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna change the topic for a bit.

Quick question for those who used ZM70, how well does it hold tension compared to bg-80, bg-70pro. Deciding wheather to stick with zm62 and breaking them before I notice any tension lost or longer lasting zm70 but strung higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG80 holds tension very well. ZM70 is on par, maybe slightly a above or below depending on prestretching practices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for replying singnflip4life, do you think zm70 at 28lbs would lose only 2-3lbs in a period of 2 months? To many string choices and tensions to consider is giving me a headache.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ZM67 at 31 (single pull) X 33 (double pulls) nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol no need to be so formal with me.

Over a period of 2 months, I believe it would experience that kind of tension loss only if you playing on avg 4-5 hours a week.

Most strings actually lose a pound or more overnight after being freshly strung, so if you've already taken that into account and asking if it would only lose another 2-3 pounds over those 2 months, I believe it is possible, but with heavy playing, will lose more than that. And considering your fondness for PP Ultras and power, the stronger the hitter, the greater the tension loss as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    ZM67 at 31 (single pull) X 33 (double pulls) nice.
    I don't think I can go that high yet, but I'll consider trying it when I have a spare racket

Lol no need to be so formal with me.

Over a period of 2 months, I believe it would experience that kind of tension loss only if you playing on avg 4-5 hours a week.

Most strings actually lose a pound or more overnight after being freshly strung, so if you've already taken that into account and asking if it would only lose another 2-3 pounds over those 2 months, I believe it is possible, but with heavy playing, will lose more than that. And considering your fondness for PP Ultras and power, the stronger the hitter, the greater the tension loss as well.

Hmmmm I'm thinking too much. Maybe I'll stick with zm62. Or not. I think I'll just go to sleep then to clear my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have something that works, if I were you I'd just buy a reel of ZM62. its not expensive (unlike reels of say, NGY98) so I'd just go with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have something that works, if I were you I'd just buy a reel of ZM62. its not expensive (unlike reels of say, NGY98) so I'd just go with that
    Yes your right. Thanks man, zm62 for life until something else comes along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Gonna change the topic for a bit.

Quick question for those who used ZM70, how well does it hold tension compared to bg-80, bg-70pro. Deciding wheather to stick with zm62 and breaking them before I notice any tension lost or longer lasting zm70 but strung higher.
    if you're that sensitive to tension loss, why would you even consider going with durable strings?
    ZM70 holds tension very well, but I doubt it can maintain 28lb for 2 months without noticeable tension loss. That's a lot to ask of ANY badminton string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urameatball View Post
    if you're that sensitive to tension loss, why would you even consider going with durable strings?
    ZM70 holds tension very well, but I doubt it can maintain 28lb for 2 months without noticeable tension loss. That's a lot to ask of ANY badminton string.
    Well I don't want to have a racket strung, leave it in the bag as a backup then when I need it find out it's drop 5lbs

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urameatball View Post
    from my measurements, ZM62 will drop a pound from sitting around for 2 days after initial stringing, and then another pound or two from the first couple days of play.

but this is very normal. other strings are worse on that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    from my measurements, ZM62 will drop a pound from sitting around for 2 days after initial stringing, and then another pound or two from the first couple days of play.

but this is very normal. other strings are worse on that regard.
    I can live with that. I think ZM62 should be better at holding then ZM70 but so far none of the sets I have lasted more then 3 weeks so not sure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if you play 2-3 times a week, and plays pretty hard games, then 3 week or so is around the right longevity for ZM62. but you should already be aware of that given your choice of the string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atleast its cheaper, more durable, and performs better then bg-66. Can't go asking too much of such a thin string.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Atleast its cheaper, more durable, and performs better then bg-66. Can't go asking too much of such a thin string.
    Unless it's ZM62 mk2 !

There're some rumours that improved mk2 versions of ZM62, 67, and 70 are coming soon...

Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 ... LastLast