User Tag List

Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 90 ... LastLast
Results 664 to 680 of 1983

Thread: Zymax strings

  1. #664
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Incorrect hitting technique is the reason in almost all cases.

  2. #665
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmm, that's my initial thinking also. but how incorrect would that be? i'm hitting the birdie with a snap and follow through as i was trained to do.

  3. #666
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,522
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think what taneepak means is incorrect is not hitting in the sweet spot consistently and perhaps not square on, ie slicing.

  4. #667
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, which means I exert extra but unnecessary effort to generate the power I need?

    Where would be the sweet spot of the Precision?

  5. #668
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hitting with the correct technique uses up nearly all the energy to send the shuttle away with almost none going into your arm, elbow, shoulder or hand or fingers. The pain comes from the energy that has backfired into your arm, elbow, shoulder, which could have been better used to send the shuttle away. One good test is to try a few shots like clears and drops when you feel some pain in your arm, or elbow or shoulder. If you feel increased pain then obviously some unused energy has gone the wrong way.

  6. #669
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    So am I the only one using 67 for mains and 62 for cross?
    Not at all. There is a very experienced stringer here, with connections to Ashaway/Black Knight, who finds that combo to his liking.
    Last edited by Fidget; 12-19-2010 at 07:04 AM.

  7. #670
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Hitting with the correct technique uses up nearly all the energy to send the shuttle away with almost none going into your arm, elbow, shoulder or hand or fingers. The pain comes from the energy that has backfired into your arm, elbow, shoulder, which could have been better used to send the shuttle away. One good test is to try a few shots like clears and drops when you feel some pain in your arm, or elbow or shoulder. If you feel increased pain then obviously some unused energy has gone the wrong way.
    This reason would be very logical. How would I possibly correct my technique? I'm not sure what part of my stroke is "not right".

  8. #671
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me, if you can clear the shuttle from back line to back line during warmup in a very high arc WITHOUT using more than 50 effort, you are doing in right. I can almost clear the shuttle while holding the racquet with my pinky, ring, and thumb fingers only.

  9. #672
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,139
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    When I started playing with the PP Precision at 24lbs., my shoulder always hurts when smashing, what could be the cause of that? It doesn't hurt after a Badminton session though, only DURING the game.
    my two cents is that zymaz strings are stiff. do you get the pain when you use other strings?

  10. #673
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    For me, if you can clear the shuttle from back line to back line during warmup in a very high arc WITHOUT using more than 50 effort, you are doing in right. I can almost clear the shuttle while holding the racquet with my pinky, ring, and thumb fingers only.
    Hmm, that's amazing. I'm not yet a PRO player and I certainly can't do that. Did you never experience pain in the shoulders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    my two cents is that zymaz strings are stiff. do you get the pain when you use other strings?
    Well, since I used my PP Precision, I only tried Zymax ZM70. My previous racket was a fake Armortec 700 with BG85 strung at 24lbs. as well, I do experience some pain in the shoulders also with that but not as frequent and painful as what I'm experience with my current equipment.

  11. #674
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I first started playing my swing was more of a 45 degree swing instead of overhead. I used my shoulder more than anything to power through smashes. I hurt my shoulder once hitting a plastic shuttle and had to stop playing for about 3 months. I could not lift my arm over my head if I pionted my thumbs to the floor. Took me 3 months of constantly reminding myself to put the racquet by my ear before hitting and it has changed my play dramatically. I can hit much harder without less effort.

  12. #675
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    When I first started playing my swing was more of a 45 degree swing instead of overhead. I used my shoulder more than anything to power through smashes. I hurt my shoulder once hitting a plastic shuttle and had to stop playing for about 3 months. I could not lift my arm over my head if I pionted my thumbs to the floor. Took me 3 months of constantly reminding myself to put the racquet by my ear before hitting and it has changed my play dramatically. I can hit much harder without less effort.
    What do you exactly mean by "put the racquet by my ear before hitting"? Sorry, I just want to confirm.

  13. #676
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    What do you exactly mean by "put the racquet by my ear before hitting"? Sorry, I just want to confirm.
    Your upper arm should brush past your ear on the way through an overhead (I think that's what dc means, anyway).

  14. #677
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Your upper arm should brush past your ear on the way through an overhead (I think that's what dc means, anyway).
    Oh alright. Does this apply with smashes also?

    Where would be the sweet spot of the Precision?

  15. #678
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Should apply to any overhead shot for the most part (there are always exceptions depending on game situations)
    Sweet spot is right in the middle, just takes practice to hit it there that's all.

    I am not a pro or anything, but when I play normally my smashes are just 60%-70% or so total power unless I'm at 1/2 court in which case I crank it up a notch. Crushing it from the back line takes alot of energy got just slightly increase speed and you still get a return. I would suggest you try smashing a little softer, but aim it at different spots to get a short return, see if that works better for you.

  16. #679
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    alright. back to the topic.

    i am starting to think that ZM62 @ 27lbs is just too much. ZM62 @ 22-23lbs can last me 3 weeks. 27lbs can be anything from 5mins to 2 weeks. the ZM62PT isn't any better in terms of durability. the cost of using this string is just too high. in fact, i think Ashaway will have problem convincing people to use it unless the user strings his own racket. in which case, the market price of around US$4-5 each string is probably OK.

  17. #680
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Agreed. When I strung at 29lbs it popped in one session, tried again and it went again (very unforgiving to mis-hits)
    Right now I'm at 26 and it's been about 3-4 weeks of 3x per week 3hr plays and it is holding up. Will try straight Zm67 next.

    As a note the hybrid 62/67 is showing signs of wear after about 3 months. 25 main with Zm67, 27 cross with Zm62 on a Ti-10 3rd Gen.

Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 90 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Ashaway Zymax 65 strings
    By limsandy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. WTB: Ashaway Zymax Strings
    By xzavire in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM
  3. FS/FT: zymax .62mm strings x 6
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
  4. FS/FT: Zymax 62 Strings sell or trade
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM
  5. Zymax Strings @ Tad's?
    By krisyay in forum Market Place
    Replies: 7
    : 04-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •