User Tag List

Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant believe that some of you would string the racket to 25/27lbs using Zymax strings , you guys must be either professional or just risk takers.

For most advance players 24lbs would be enough to have good control on shuttle and good power. increase durability also it would reduce injury to your shoulder .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    I cant believe that some of you would string the racket to 25/27lbs using Zymax strings , you guys must be either professional or just risk takers.
    More emphasis should be put on string thickness and string stiffness.

If you use a string that's stiff and thin (such as ZM62), it's going to play a significantly tighter than it's actual tension.

For instance:
    ZM62 plays ~2lbs. tighter than ZM67 and ~3lbs. tighter than ZM70.

So, Panda using BG65@32lbs. or ZM70@31lbs. is about the same as another using ZM62@ 27-28lbs.

With the trend in badminton influenced by:

1) faster, more explosive, more fit players...
    2) going to lighter and lighter, more aerodynamic rackets...
    3) the game getting faster due to the rally scoring system...

...players are going higher and higher in tension.

26-28lbs. electronic constant pull (ECP) is normal for intermediate and above players here. And Pros regularly use 30-31lbs. with BG65, BG70, ZM70

Is there a limit? Based on current materials, yes. Roughly:

For thick string: 0.70mm or thicker:33-34lbs.
    For medium string: 0.67-0.69mm: 30-32lbs.
    For thing string: 0.66m or less: 27-29lbs.

Anything higher than the above referenced, respective tensions, it will be very difficult to continuously maximize the string potential (flex the string for max power).

In fact, Panda believes most (including pros) will agree lowering the referenced tensions by 2lbs. would even be sensible.

Panda has said many times on this Forum:

"Play with the lowest tension you can tolerate."

Meaning play with the lowest tension you can still comfortably perform all your shots and still play with. It's beneficial for three excellent reasons:

1) Maximizes racket life due to lower stress from lower tension
    2) Maximizes string life
    3) Minimizes arm, joint stress

3. Likes phaaam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! That's a very good and simple method. Panda will try this for a few of his friends that are notorious for mishitting.

Thanks Eeepak!

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Please note that what I have said earlier is an extra cross string at the top, meaning it is a separate one-pc string that you weave across the top and not an extension of the existing cross string. This extra cross string at the top is strung after the normal stringing job is finished and it can be strung by hand without mounting the racket on the stringing machine. It does not have the tension of the normal cross string and is there to share the load with the top mains from mis-hits.
    In other words there are two pieces of cross strings, one piece is the normal piece that forms the normal crosses of the string bed and the other is a very short and very thin cross string at the top that is strung by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been using Zymax .67 at 20 x 21 lbs and haven't had a break yet. Been using it for three months. Tons of power and control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I concur with GrandMaster VW. ZM67 get loads of power and control .

Quote Originally Posted by ViningWolff View Post
    Been using Zymax .67 at 20 x 21 lbs and haven't had a break yet. Been using it for three months. Tons of power and control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Please note that what I have said earlier is an extra cross string at the top, meaning it is a separate one-pc string that you weave across the top and not an extension of the existing cross string. This extra cross string at the top is strung after the normal stringing job is finished and it can be strung by hand without mounting the racket on the stringing machine. It does not have the tension of the normal cross string and is there to share the load with the top mains from mis-hits.
    In other words there are two pieces of cross strings, one piece is the normal piece that forms the normal crosses of the string bed and the other is a very short and very thin cross string at the top that is strung by hand.
    So how do you tie the extra cross ??
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Udonming View Post
    So how do you tie the extra cross ??
    Thanks
    The two ends should be tied to the grommets that are further down on either side of the frame. Look for the nearest ones that have a visible hole which indicates it has enough space for a very thin string. Try to use a string that is very thin, say about 0.62mm diameter, as thicker strings will not get through. Most likely the two grommets will be the nearest shared grommets that are already occupied by the main and cross, the intersection between the last or second last main string at the two sides of the frame that meets their shared crosses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*facepalm. Just trashed my third Z62 (a prototype, this time) in three sessions. Sign me up for some of Dink's roofing-nail grommets...

taneepak's separate top cross is an excellent idea, but I think Liam Nolan of UKRSA will scream "theft" - he did it once years and years ago after forgetting the top cross on a racketball racket. taneepak's method can be used with a thicker string if a couple of single-pass grommets are replaced with share-sized grommets (or you can engineer it in while doing the mains and leave a huge loop on one side that will reach your puller).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it finally broke. roughly 10 sessions with zm62 at 27-28lbs (12,5kg) and it popped in the center. I don't see the problem
    But it's remarkable how well it played even at the end of it's lifespan, good till the last hit.
    Even more fun is to see the faces of people who play with bg65 at 31-32lbs: pressing with your thumbs on the stringbed it feels a lot looser, but the pitch is a tad higher. lot's of fun:P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZM62 is great string, but not for the winter play here. I broke two of them (26x28lbs) over 4x3 hr sessions, and moving to use YY NBG98 for winter now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got some of Dink's "roofing nail" grommets - they're LONG (almost an inch). I hope and pray they're the answer to my "borking" problem. If so, Z62 goes back up to 27 lbs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW a whole inch? That sounds like it would almost hit the top cross O.O

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine only broke in the same spot after a mis-hit. I think it was a bad grommet because it's the exact same spot. I have the ZM62 in my Ti-10 and it's fine after about 2 months (26lbs). My Precision would break 26lbs in about 2 weeks in that spot.

BTW. I also have the Panda send me some grommets with the TPro for the Precision. I asked for the long, but wasn't really expecting a 1" grommet! Might have to cut that down to size so I don't look weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pic of the roofing nails to scale against a Yonex NSP. Look good to me, but they could have been even longer!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwwh, that's so cute.... like training wheels for those learning to ride a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I like the long "roofing nail" grommets which can protect the vertical main strings from "mis-hits".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i think i have a record.

i strung a AT700 back in October 11th with ZM62 @ 27lbs. my plan was to test out the string in a heavy stiff racket at high tension to see how it performs. it did great. very repulsive and great feel. lo and behold, Janet tried it and said "Thanks". that was the last time i touched that racket.

she loved it. she stopped using her other AT700 (with BG80) and felt the ZM62 magic.

yesterday, she came and told me the string broke. almost 4 MONTHS later. she plays once or twice a week and even though she doesn't hit very hard, she does give out a nice omph when she hits and she normally breaks a BG80 every month or so.

this ZM62 lasted her 4 months. and only after i asked her earlier in the day how come her string lasted so long. so now i am guilty of jinxing her as she broke the string right after...

Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 94 ... LastLast