User Tag List

Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 97 ... LastLast
Results 783 to 799 of 2043

Thread: Zymax strings

  1. #783
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sui-MY View Post
    just replaced my bg66 ultimax to zymax 62
    how come zymax 62 moves alot? leaving wide random gaps, even at 24lbs, i've tried 20lbs and thought it was too loose, gave it a 2nd try but still happens
    Are you afraid the shuttle will go through the gaps?

  2. #784
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Are you afraid the shuttle will go through the gaps?
    The gaps, look horrifying to one tat's not use too it. I let a friend borrow a racket strung with zymax 62 at 25lbs. And he kept telling me to get it strung properly.

  3. #785
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea, the gaps will happen, Its fine, no big deal. You can straighten them out between points or leave them be. Myself, I fix them between games.

  4. #786
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi folks,

    I just strung my black knight vortex radon with zymax70 @ 29 x 31 lbs. I've been playing with it for a few days now & can't get used to it. They feel a lot like YY BG65 when you string at low tension; i.e., the strings feel dead & have no feeling whatsoever. I normally use head super power 0.67mm strings, YY BG65ti, or ashaway MP, all of which work great with my racquet. After hearing all these great things about this string, I thought I'd give it a try. I was really surprised by the lack of feel or power. Anyone else feel that way with these strings?

  5. #787
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A few things:

    1) You should compare like thickness strings. So you should try ZM67 or ZM62 for more performance. ZM70 is like BG65, more for durability.

    2) Maybe the string tension is tight for you and you're not getting power.
    Panda plays with ZM70 at 29-32lbs. and it has excellent power. Agree, it's not as crisp nor has the feel or thinner strings but it's a thick 0.70 string (Panda suspects it's thicker) designed for durability.

    3) Everyone's different. If ZM70 doesn't work for you, go with what works.


    Quote Originally Posted by greyes View Post
    Hi folks,

    I just strung my black knight vortex radon with zymax70 @ 29 x 31 lbs. I've been playing with it for a few days now & can't get used to it. They feel a lot like YY BG65 when you string at low tension; i.e., the strings feel dead & have no feeling whatsoever. I normally use head super power 0.67mm strings, YY BG65ti, or ashaway MP, all of which work great with my racquet. After hearing all these great things about this string, I thought I'd give it a try. I was really surprised by the lack of feel or power. Anyone else feel that way with these strings?

  6. #788
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Panda,

    Yeah, I do get a lot more pop out of .67 mm strings, although the MP white is .70 & they feel great at 29 x 31 lbs too. I was hoping that the Zymax string would have the same feeling but last a little bit longer on my racquet :P. Ahh well, I guess it's just not for me (with this particular racquet & set-up). I do have another set left, so maybe i'll try it at a higher tension or try it on a different racquet altogether. Thanks for the quick reply!

  7. #789
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Angry

    so it seems that ZM62 is not at all durable, about 8hrs at 24lbs. with a tournament this weekend.

  8. #790
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did anyone say it was? Maybe you can have it re-strung cheaper at the tournament ...

  9. #791
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Did anyone say it was? Maybe you can have it re-strung cheaper at the tournament ...
    No I knew it wouldn't be durable, but I thought it would last more than 10hrs @ "only" 24lbs. that's just terrible.

    Looks like it is back to YY.

  10. #792
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,155
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    No I knew it wouldn't be durable, but I thought it would last more than 10hrs @ "only" 24lbs. that's just terrible.

    Looks like it is back to YY.
    8 hours is quite decent for ZM62 actually.

    for something similar and not that much more pricey, try BG66UM.

    ZM62 only makes sense for people who strings their own racket. the cost of the string is relatively low ($3 to $4 each) and only other cost is time to string.

  11. #793
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    8 hours is quite decent for ZM62 actually.

    for something similar and not that much more pricey, try BG66UM.

    ZM62 only makes sense for people who strings their own racket. the cost of the string is relatively low ($3 to $4 each) and only other cost is time to string.
    Yeah, if it broke on Monday I wouldn't have been as bothered as I am. I need to have a look for strings. BG65 @ high tensions sounds good or maybe I will move back to BG80

  12. #794
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So far I manage to hold ZM62 at 25lbs for about 16 hours of play on 3 rackets.

  13. #795
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    So far I manage to hold ZM62 at 25lbs for about 16 hours of play on 3 rackets.
    Lucky you... I don't even consider myself to be a hard hitter and it broke so easily.

  14. #796
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tested ZM62 at 24lbs few months back and it broke in the second games (Less than 1 hour). Too fragile for intermediate player.

  15. #797
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,155
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    I tested ZM62 at 24lbs few months back and it broke in the second games (Less than 1 hour). Too fragile for intermediate player.
    yeah. that's kinda the normal life expectancy of ZM62: very very poor.

  16. #798
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zymax 62 is sweet, but oh what a price to pay for! Mine broke in 3 minutes for me. I think Zymax 67 is the logical choice if you gotta play Zymax! Alternatively, go for NBG 98.

  17. #799
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The first time I tried it was @ 22lbs. on the T1 (284mm bp) strung by Mark A. Great fun to play with, didn't break it before handing it of after 2 XD matches + 1 MD set of (social) play.
    As Kwun mentioned unless you have a machine yourself I wouldn't pick it. Expressly had it strung on the low side so the person I bought it for wouldn't break it in no time. I'd probably do it @ 23 based on the experience with 22, perhaps a reel of the new platinum ones will do (then I can try the magical 27 as well ).

Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 97 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Ashaway Zymax 65 strings
    By limsandy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 06-14-2012, 12:43 PM
  2. WTB: Ashaway Zymax Strings
    By xzavire in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM
  3. FS/FT: zymax .62mm strings x 6
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-16-2011, 11:24 PM
  4. FS/FT: Zymax 62 Strings sell or trade
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
  5. Zymax Strings @ Tad's?
    By krisyay in forum Market Place
    Replies: 7
    : 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •