User Tag List

Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 101 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 867 of 2006

Thread: Zymax strings

  1. #851
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So ZM67 at 32lbs would normally last 2-4 weeks then?

  2. #852
    Regular Member Khai_AS10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kuantan, Pahang D.M, Malaysia
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So Zymax 62 use at Arcs10 at 27lbs? last for how long mate??
    Zymax 67 better then NBG98? comment please....

    thanks

  3. #853
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khai_AS10 View Post
    So Zymax 62 use at Arcs10 at 27lbs? last for how long mate??
    Zymax 67 better then NBG98? comment please....

    thanks
    Zymax 62 at 27lbs
    maybe will last only one week or so
    as long as you do not miss hit

  4. #854
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khai_AS10 View Post
    So Zymax 62 use at Arcs10 at 27lbs? last for how long mate??
    Zymax 67 better then NBG98? comment please....

    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Zymax 62 at 27lbs
    maybe will last only one week or so
    as long as you do not miss hit
    You will be lucky if it lasts 2 hours.

  5. #855
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zm bites better than NBG.
    Lasts about the same. I think I get more power from NBG, but better feel from ZM.

  6. #856
    Regular Member Khai_AS10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kuantan, Pahang D.M, Malaysia
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see thanks a lot you guys....

    Where I can get both Zymax in Malaysia??

    Can anyone help me on this?

    Thanks in advance.

  7. #857
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PJ
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khai_AS10 View Post
    I see thanks a lot you guys....

    Where I can get both Zymax in Malaysia??

    Can anyone help me on this?

    Thanks in advance.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...strings-(PJ-MY)

  8. #858
    Regular Member urameatball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drill-Sergeant Troll-Face
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bought the 10pack of zymax strings from an ebay seller that some here recommended.
    got 4 zymax 70 and 6 zymax67.
    The ZM70 works great but I kept breaking ZM67 within 1 week EVERY TIME (one string only lasted 4hrs at 23lb).
    My stringer took a closer look and found the ZM67 starts to develop micro tears even at 24lb. He said he had to pull the string VERY slowly to prevent tearing while stringing. The string doesn't break while stringing, but it definitely doesn't help with the durability during play. Anyone else have this problem?
    No problems with ZM70 though (which I usually string at 24-26lb), always lasts exactly 6 weeks, always breaks in sweet-spot.

  9. #859
    Regular Member Sentinel604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Micro tears with ZM67?

    Is he looking at it with a microscope?

    I've strung ZM62 @ 26X28 and ZM67 @28X30 and I yet have to see these "micro tears"

    Will pay more attention on my next string job with ZM series

  10. #860
    Regular Member Sentinel604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edit ...

    Refer to bottom post
    Last edited by Sentinel604; 03-30-2011 at 02:18 AM.

  11. #861
    Regular Member Sentinel604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i have noticed that ZM62 is not suitable for all rackets. it worked really well for my ARC10/AT700/PPPrecision/PPUltraPro, but not as well for Victor SW35/BS10/SP21.
    LOL seems like Victor doesn't get along with ZM62

    What kinda difference do you feel?

    Lack in power/feel/control?

  12. #862
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,720
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urameatball View Post
    I bought the 10pack of zymax strings from an ebay seller that some here recommended.
    got 4 zymax 70 and 6 zymax67.
    The ZM70 works great but I kept breaking ZM67 within 1 week EVERY TIME (one string only lasted 4hrs at 23lb).
    My stringer took a closer look and found the ZM67 starts to develop micro tears even at 24lb. He said he had to pull the string VERY slowly to prevent tearing while stringing. The string doesn't break while stringing, but it definitely doesn't help with the durability during play. Anyone else have this problem?
    No problems with ZM70 though (which I usually string at 24-26lb), always lasts exactly 6 weeks, always breaks in sweet-spot.
    Any problems with your grommets?

    My zm67 @ 22lbs would last 8-9 months with 4 hrs play/wk, and that is with plastic shuttles which are murder on strings.

  13. #863
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would suggest that the tears are to do with your clamps (Too tight, or the clamp to agressive). I have experienced this before. looks like feather fragments stuck on the string.

  14. #864
    Regular Member urameatball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drill-Sergeant Troll-Face
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Any problems with your grommets?

    My zm67 @ 22lbs would last 8-9 months with 4 hrs play/wk, and that is with plastic shuttles which are murder on strings.
    no grommet problems. My stringer is seeing the tears appear under a spotlight as he pulls on the stringing machine, so it's not from the clamps or the puller.
    He's an experienced stringer and a coach, and he said it only appears if he pulls quickly on the stringing machine.

  15. #865
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    weird. I'm using Zm62 and that has so far lasted me 2 months at 26lbs. I play 2-3 times per week for 3hrs.

  16. #866
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a beginner at stringing and I have both Zymax 67 and Powergut 66... Which one should I use on my Nano Power 900? Which is more likely to snap during my stringing?

  17. #867
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Decided to buy a few ZM70 to try at 33-34lbs.
    Last edited by phandrew; 04-04-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 101 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Ashaway Zymax 65 strings
    By limsandy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. WTB: Ashaway Zymax Strings
    By xzavire in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM
  3. FS/FT: zymax .62mm strings x 6
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
  4. FS/FT: Zymax 62 Strings sell or trade
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM
  5. Zymax Strings @ Tad's?
    By krisyay in forum Market Place
    Replies: 7
    : 04-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •