User Tag List

Page 58 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    how do you know theyre 2nd gen? are all red ones 2nd gen?
    The Mk2 has different packaging, and yes - red only came in for the 2nd gen; the Mk1 only came in white, silver and yellow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ashaway has made a monumental mistake in the 2nd generation red Zymax strings. I suspect not enough research was done and the new formulation of the red string has taken more of the characteristics of much cheaper and lower grade strings, with consequential huge losses in crispness, speed and efficient power delivery.
    I think someone should kick Ashaway in the butt and tellthem of their foolish and failed "experiment".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I think Ashaway has made a monumental mistake in the 2nd generation red Zymax strings. I suspect not enough research was done and the new formulation of the red string has taken more of the characteristics of much cheaper and lower grade strings, with consequential huge losses in crispness, speed and efficient power delivery.
    I think someone should kick Ashaway in the butt and tellthem of their foolish and failed "experiment".
    Thanks for the info. I am very curious to know the differences between different Zymax string (white/yellow/red). Is there a difference between Yellow and White versions as well? I heard from fellow forum members that the yellow Zymax plays better, not sure if it is true though. I am currently using ZM62 white and it is currently my favourite string. My only gripe is it doesn't last long for me (26lbs, play 8-12 hours per week, average string life two weeks).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this the same with other strings as well? ex. bg65
    if what you said is true, i might have to ask ashaway to exchange my 10+ sets of strings for a diff color lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    is this the same with other strings as well? ex. bg65
    if what you said is true, i might have to ask ashaway to exchange my 10+ sets of strings for a diff color lol
    I believe the Zymax strings are manufactured using a different polymer material (PEEK) using a different process so the color related performance difference issue is probably not related to BG 65.

taneepak, Can you be more specific about "the characteristics of much cheaper and lower grade strings". Is it tension holding, coating/texture, string hardness or something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's weird because most of the players in this forum prefer the 2nd gen Zymax compared to the 1st gen. Can you explain more taneepak?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    That's weird because most of the players in this forum prefer the 2nd gen Zymax compared to the 1st gen. Can you explain more taneepak?
    The second gen is much more durable than the first gen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    The second gen is much more durable than the first gen.
    Yup but what does taneepak have to say with the second gen?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im using the white and the yellow ZM62 and ZM 65. Honestly I didnt feel any difference between the white and the yellow string

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup but what does taneepak have to say with the second gen?
    I think he was referring to the red colour type only. I have tried the white versions of ZM62, 67 and 70 and they played just fine. No "cheapness" spotted by me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    I think he was referring to the red colour type only. I have tried the white versions of ZM62, 67 and 70 and they played just fine. No "cheapness" spotted by me
    And those are all second gen? I was also reading before that the red is kind of "OK".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And those are all second gen? I was also reading before that the red is kind of "OK".
    yeah all second gen with new packaging

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the Zymax white (ivory?), optic yellow, and platinum appear to be of the same family but with minor and acceptable degree of variation in crispness. Not so the red which is a disaster and I am going to write to Ashaway to tell them of their huge, huge mistake. They should at least have the courtesy to classify the red as another string with playability less than 8 but with durability higher.
    Platinum is head and shoulders above the white and yellow with better crispness but comes at a high cost of poor durability. Yellow is a good compromise.
    Frankly, the red plays more like Yonex BG65! What a horrible so called new generation string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the Zymax white (ivory?), optic yellow, and platinum appear to be of the same family but with minor and acceptable degree of variation in crispness. Not so the red which is a disaster and I am going to write to Ashaway to tell them of their huge, huge mistake. They should at least have the courtesy to classify the red as another string with playability less than 8 but with durability higher.
    Platinum is head and shoulders above the white and yellow with better crispness but comes at a high cost of poor durability. Yellow is a good compromise.
    Frankly, the red plays more like Yonex BG65! What a horrible so called new generation string.
    How about the white? How does it play?

So your most recommended new gen Zymax string are the Platinum ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I thought their 2nd geno nly come with Ivory(white), yellow & red. I've only seen platinum with their 1st gen.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

argh, wish I had known about this before I ordered some 65 and eric put some 65 (red) on my mx60

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can somebody tell me how the colouring could affect the performance of the racket?
    I might understand if it is a bad batch or something, but colouring doesn't really makes sense

Page 58 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 108 ... LastLast