User Tag List

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 1952

Thread: Zymax strings

  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I loved the Z62 @ 27 when I tried it (tried it on Li Ning N90), but it only lasted a bit more than 10 minutes :-( ..

    /T
    Dear T,
    How does it compare to your Gee string in durability?
    A Fan.

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like these strings are quite amazing. Gotta get my hand on a set of these.

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    YES!
    just got the ZyMax 70! for free!
    hope to try it next week

  4. #89
    Regular Member issarakaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Polluted City no 3
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I loved the Z62 @ 27 when I tried it (tried it on Li Ning N90), but it only lasted a bit more than 10 minutes :-( ..

    /T
    If this Z62 can survive at my racket more than a month than it's better than BG66 for me
    Anyway i'm waiting the sample for Z67 (seems more durable than 62 )

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,096
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've had 0.67 guage in my racquet, strung at 22lbs for nearly a month now. After 2 weeks I noticed a lot more string movement than my other racquet with BG80. This has continued but not worsened.

    So far quite happy with strings although still feel I get more from Yonex string. I usually use BG65Ti so both strings are a test for me.

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wondering about the statement I heard about these Zymax strings: "they are all prestretched so that you don't have to do any prestretching". this is what I am told from the Ashaway dealer.

    any comment?

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have 24/27 lbs with the Zymax 62, which higher than 22 lbs. I used to have 26/29 with the Ashaway PowerGut 66 Neon Green(0.66mm) with not much string movement.
    I have noticed lot of string movement also with the Zymax 62. Just don`t know what happened to other peoples.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I've had 0.67 guage in my racquet, strung at 22lbs for nearly a month now. After 2 weeks I noticed a lot more string movement than my other racquet with BG80. This has continued but not worsened.

    So far quite happy with strings although still feel I get more from Yonex string. I usually use BG65Ti so both strings are a test for me.

  8. #93
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Panda is trying to figure out what makes string movement so bad/negative, if any? Please reply if you have the answer, thanks.

    My thoughts on string movement. The movement should be focused on the main strings. The crosses should have minimal movement, unless you are hitting some crazy, unconventional spin:

    1) If the string performs very well, Panda feel string movement is inconsequential. Besides, we should practice good habits like the pros, just about all of them check their strings inbetween points.

    2) Are you slicing or cutting the shuttle when your strings move? If so, it's good that the string moves because it indicates you are hitting the shuttle correctly. Conversely, if you are hitting the shuttle flat and the string is moving, then that means your are slicing the shuttle and your technique is not optimized so you need to swing. So string movement is a good indicator.

    3) More string movement just demonstrates the string is relatively durable. When a racket is newly strung the string moves much more than near the end of its life because there are no grooves in the string. Once there substantial grooves from use, the string movement is minimized. So string movement is a sign of new string, indicating durability. Now if you mishit, that's another story.

    See? Moving string isn't that bad after all huh? In fact, Panda welcomes it. Panda loves straightening out the string bed and hearing the snap, crackle, pop! OK, not the "snap" or "pop", just the "crackle".



    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoLi View Post
    I have 24/27 lbs with the Zymax 62, which higher than 22 lbs. I used to have 26/29 with the Ashaway PowerGut 66 Neon Green(0.66mm) with not much string movement.
    I have noticed lot of string movement also with the Zymax 62. Just don`t know what happened to other peoples.

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you straighten your string after each rally I really do not understand it unless it is done only for mental reasons.
    You should do that after each hit, not only after each rally (if you think that the string will work better when they are straight). No time for that.
    If you play a rally with 20 hits, you miss 19 times to make the strings straight. They move constantly. Of course by using string paint you can help them keep in place better.
    So, I think that it (straightening) is only done for focusing your mind to the next rally, not doing some wonders to your stringbed.

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In France, at East.
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nediz View Post
    If you straighten your string after each rally I really do not understand it unless it is done only for mental reasons.
    You should do that after each hit, not only after each rally (if you think that the string will work better when they are straight). No time for that.
    If you play a rally with 20 hits, you miss 19 times to make the strings straight. They move constantly. Of course by using string paint you can help them keep in place better.
    So, I think that it (straightening) is only done for focusing your mind to the next rally, not doing some wonders to your stringbed.
    That's right.

    As for me I just straight my strings on the main once the rally is over. Crosses rarely move, for all the reason Dinkalot wrote and I do agree with him

    Anyway I don't notice the difference when playing. It's more in the head you know. For me, a string will move until it is "broken-in" and also a good quality string should move more. It means it has the ability to grip more.
    For Instance my PG65 tends to move but as soon as I can slice and grip the Shuttle with Comfort and ease I don't care much about string movement.

    Now, back in Business. Tried ZYmax 0.62 at 21X23 on Babolat X-Feel Essential.

    This thing is just amazing : The racquet just travel faster in the air because of the thinner gauje. I can feel it.
    Feeling is on par with the best string on the market (Bg-66, Micro-Power and so on).
    Power is just amazing, I can clear and smash effortless, just with my own arm. Same for my backhand.

    However, resistance & durability may be a problem with this string, I broke it near the knot at 11 O'clock during the first 30 minuts of playing. But I do admit I have mis-hit a lot (I wasn't in great shape yesterday ...) and made an error at 11 o*clock at the knot. It may have caused the breakage.

    I believe I'm gonna give it a try a second time. This string is amazing and is really worth it. But If I get too much string breakage I think I will go either for Zymax 0.67 or I'll go back to MP or PG65 Neon. Stay tuned

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a question.

    Is the Zymax 70 as durable as the BG-70 Pro?
    Does it have a better feeling than BG-70 Pro at 26-27lbs?
    I have gone through the thread a little bit and I was wondering if the tension feeling will be the same as Yonex strings? Like, will 26lbs feel more than 26lbs or less compared to Yonex strings?

    Thanks

  12. #97
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ZM70 is as durable, if not more durable. The performance is significantly superior.

    As for tension, it's all relative. Which Yonex string are you comparing to which ZM string?

    BG85 and 80 hold tension better because of the vectran, BG70 holds tension well too because of the braiding and that's what it's designed to do. BG65, BG65Ti, BG68Ti do not hold tension very well. BG66 is OK. All this is relatively speaking.

    ZM62, ZM67, ZM70 all hold tension extremely well for it's relative string thickness. ZM62 strings about 2-3lbs. higher than normal compared to BG65., 1-2lbs. higher than BG66, on par or a bit tighter than BG80.

    ZM67 is about on par with BG80.

    ZM70 is about 1lb. tighter than BG65 but hold tension much better. If BG65 drops 3-4lbs. over time, ZM70 will drop about 1-2lbs.

    All this is relative and assuming all else being equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiigo View Post
    I have a question.

    Is the Zymax 70 as durable as the BG-70 Pro?
    Does it have a better feeling than BG-70 Pro at 26-27lbs?
    I have gone through the thread a little bit and I was wondering if the tension feeling will be the same as Yonex strings? Like, will 26lbs feel more than 26lbs or less compared to Yonex strings?

    Thanks

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I've had 0.67 guage in my racquet, strung at 22lbs for nearly a month now. After 2 weeks I noticed a lot more string movement than my other racquet with BG80. This has continued but not worsened.

    So far quite happy with strings although still feel I get more from Yonex string. I usually use BG65Ti so both strings are a test for me.
    Paulstewart I mean no offence. But because you are sponsored by Yonex , doesn't that mean you can't play with other non-Yonex equipment?

    Also , doesn't that mean , you can't criticise Yonex's equipment?
    And thus therefore have to say Yonex's string is better than Ashaways?

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok Guys,
    So i pretty much just strung my MP-99 with a Zymax62 from Ashaway 23lbs.

    I've used, BG 80, BG 65, BG 66 you know - all the benchmark yonex stuff, and I have to say, just how good this string feels.
    At first I thought "This string is a piece of s!@#", my clears had no control, drops were too high etc.

    Then after about 1 hour of play, I noticed how much better this string actually is then all the benchmark Yonex crap.

    Firstly, I was amazed at the power it gave me. The amount of power the string generates is actually quite good, and the best part is that, once you've gotten use to it - you'll notice how good this string really is. It fairs much better in terms of power then most of the BG's.

    Secondly, the control on this string is more superior for executing sharp drop shots. It has a very nice solid feel, and for some magical reason - when I switched from a BG-65 to a Zymax 62, the feel was far more solid. (Note - I have been using the 65 for about 2 years because I felt I couldn't go wrong with it, turns out I was wrong.)

    Lastly, durability wise - I played for this string for approximately 6 - 7 hours, and in that time, the strings have not cut or damaged each other at all. (I do smash alot)
    So in general I am happy with it's performance.

    So my rating would be something like,
    Power: 9.3/10
    Control: 9/10
    String slipping: a bit of string slipping, but not enough to have a noticable difference.
    Durability: Above tensions of 25, - 5-6/10
    Below tensions of 25, - 8/10

    Cons? - may take a while to adapt into, durability could be a bit better.

    Yonex IMO is losing its grip on the market with not only strings, but also rackets.

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    ZM70 is as durable, if not more durable. The performance is significantly superior.

    As for tension, it's all relative. Which Yonex string are you comparing to which ZM string?

    BG85 and 80 hold tension better because of the vectran, BG70 holds tension well too because of the braiding and that's what it's designed to do. BG65, BG65Ti, BG68Ti do not hold tension very well. BG66 is OK. All this is relatively speaking.

    ZM62, ZM67, ZM70 all hold tension extremely well for it's relative string thickness. ZM62 strings about 2-3lbs. higher than normal compared to BG65., 1-2lbs. higher than BG66, on par or a bit tighter than BG80.

    ZM67 is about on par with BG80.

    ZM70 is about 1lb. tighter than BG65 but hold tension much better. If BG65 drops 3-4lbs. over time, ZM70 will drop about 1-2lbs.

    All this is relative and assuming all else being equal.
    THanks for the review, I ordered a few Zymax 70. I hope I dont regret it!

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang, Singapore
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishor View Post
    Is the .62mm avail in Sgp?

    Hi have u got zymax 62 in Sing? I am considering top order from oversea to give it a try. If good, then i will prder 1 reel.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xushi View Post
    Durability: Above tensions of 25, - 5-6/10
    Below tensions of 25, - 8/10
    Is it possible to describe how you arrived at this impression?

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 106 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Ashaway Zymax 65 strings
    By limsandy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. WTB: Ashaway Zymax Strings
    By xzavire in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM
  3. FS/FT: zymax .62mm strings x 6
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
  4. FS/FT: Zymax 62 Strings sell or trade
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM
  5. Zymax Strings @ Tad's?
    By krisyay in forum Market Place
    Replies: 7
    : 04-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •