User Tag List

Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,292 of 1871

Thread: Zymax strings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    I think you should maybe try another stringer as I found zymax 62 really easy to string
    Yes, unfortunately I think you're right. He seemed really good at first, though! Maybe he's good within certain limits.

It's also a very convenient arrangement, as I just drop it off at a club night. Well, it was convenient until it started taking so long to come back...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also confused by the stringer saying it is too thin and it digs in to itself whilst stringing. I have never managed to dig in, get it to snap or go horribly off tension. I have only ever snapped bg68 ti whilst pulling a string and that was when I first started stringing and it kept twisting up horribly.

I'm also confused as to how he knows that the tension is wrong. I guess we won't find out either without watching him string.

Having said that I am always wary as a stringer of stringing any other rackets than my own with zm62/thin strings in general unless I know the person knows a bit about strings. Nearly everyone I know thinks the sign of a good string job is that it doesn't snap for a fair length of time after stringing. Even if they mis-hit it horrendously...

Educating some people otherwise is a futile activity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still think that stringer needs to adjust the tension head gripper a tad tighter to properly grasp the thinner zm62.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Because the excuse he gave makes absolutely no sense

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it strange too, but to be fair I'm getting this information second-hand. I've never even met the stringer; I just pass rackets to a player who works next door to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its possible that he actually broke the string while pulling if there were damaged grommets though. But then again that should be up to him to look for that.

As a stringer, I wouldn't recommend ZM62 to anyone I string for mainly because most of them mishit a lot and most judge stringjobs by the time they last (like Sevex said).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have anyone gotten zymax 65 strings from Squash mart?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    Its possible that he actually broke the string while pulling if there were damaged grommets though. But then again that should be up to him to look for that.
    Unlikely, given I supplied the string and I don't think he has any ZM-62.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Unlikely, given I supplied the string and I don't think he has any ZM-62.
    How does that make it unlikely that a damaged grommet could break/fray the string while pulling?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock86 View Post
    Have anyone gotten zymax 65 strings from Squash mart?
    For sure! I get my strings, grips, socks, rackets from Eric.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    How does that make it unlikely that a damaged grommet could break/fray the string while pulling?
    Because if the string had broken, I would not have received my racket back with that string.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see... he still might've had some experience with it and doesn't carry it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    For sure! I get my strings, grips, socks, rackets from Eric.
    I am thinking of ordering the package of 10 strings from him. Usually, how do you store those strings? Somehow, I only need like 3-4 strings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock86 View Post
    I am thinking of ordering the package of 10 strings from him. Usually, how do you store those strings? Somehow, I only need like 3-4 strings.
    Eh? Then just order only a few strings, you don't need to order ten if you don't want. Storage, just cool and dark place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

can't wait to use my old rackets with the Zymax strings again. will go back to Indonesia after 4 and 1/2 months studying Chinese language in China

got one of my eye hurt, my father didn't allow me to bring my rackets to China. and now I ended up with crappy unknown Chinese racket with factory string (around 16lbs or less I think)
    I have few more ZM62 and ZM67 on stock.

*can't wait to bring my racket and show off to my friends who have no clue what a good racket is. will bring my pp trinity pro and mx80 with rkep grip and zymax string!
    **me and my friends are playing with crappy 6 rackets here.. I bought the 20 one, still crappy, with plastic handle too add!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been testing out ZM67 red for sometime now. Ranging from 23-30 lbs. at 2 lbs. increments. It's an interesting string that's for sure.

I've come across similar issues with string movement as other members have, and compared to BG80, ZM67 does not notch into itself as much as other YY strings I've tried. I've used BG66UM and BG80 and both kind of 'fall' into a notch once you move it back to its original position, emphasizing the importance of straightening the strings after stringing and early matches. When I do a fast clear or smash, it feels kind of soft like a cushiony feel (like BG66UM) that you don't really feel with BG80.

When I smash, the best way I can describe it is it's a silent killer. The power is there, but it doesn't sound like it's coming; a good thing for deception but not as appreciated if you're really looking for that 'boom'. I also feel that I enjoy ZM67 at higher tensions than lower.

When I played with fresh BG80 at 27 lbs. using plastics, it felt like I was going to tear my shoulder apart; there was no way I could access the power at such high tensions, though it could have just been that the strings were newly strung. I did enjoy drives and dropshots though. With ZM67 at the same tension I felt more comfortable, again thanks to its cushiony feel. I actually preferred ZM67 at the net because I'm more familiar with softer strings for tumbling netshots and even for dropshots. I don't like the hard feeling of BG80 for this because I feel like there is less time for feedback (i.e. even though you should feel more impact, it rebounds quite quickly).

I've also tried ZM65 yellow at 23x25 and compared it to BG80 white at 23x25 and found that they played similarly. Though this time I felt I had better access to power with BG80. It could have simply been because of the less obvious sound ZM65 produces during smashes and clears, but I felt more accomplished with the BG80 because I received the auditory feedback.

More testing is required, and after reading tens of pages of various strings, I want to try the NBG98, BG80 (again), BG66UM and VS850 against both ZM65 (ivory, yellow) and ZM62 (ivory, yellow).

Now for me the cost of Zymax is by far the best value of all the strings, with VS850 a close second. I can get any reel of 200m Zymax for $72US, VS850 white for $84, BG80 for $110 and NBG98/BG66UM for $127.

I chose these strings mostly for their repulsion power to cost ratio while still being able to purchase them in reels, which is why I excluded Li-Ning since I couldn't find them in reels among other YY strings (e.g. BG85). Reels are important because you can theoretically get 20+ string jobs from them, I can get 22 myself from a full set of 200m which drives the cost down further.

Lastly there seems to be a slight bias towards certain colors for the Zymax strings. I haven't tested it myself but I'm planning to find out with two of every colour for ZM62 and ZM65 (in my research, these two are the most noteworthy). If I intend to string for my club however, I think ZM65 white/ivory will be the most suitable considering not everyone will want vibrant red strings on their beloved rackets.

17. Likes charleslim, Udonming liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my zm65 about to pop, zm70 lined up next. +2lbs for the same feel right?

so far i think you jump up 1lb per step in string thickness 70>67>65>62. not tried 67 yet though and very limited go with 70.

edit Re comment above: red tide all the way man!

Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast