User Tag List

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunmaster View Post
    this is the best price i have heard so far. could you post the link? thanks.

Here it is (last three): http://anonym.to/?http://www.sportak...acturers_id=15

I noticed they have payment details for foreign buyers but only the IBAN/BIC type (bank-to-bank, no paypal or creditcard). If needed I could probably help out with buying and shipping.
    Just read in the shipping they specifically mention Belgium, Denmark and Germany as foreign countries, to which the shipping is €13.50.
    Last edited by demolidor; 09-02-2009 at 07:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

demolidor:

thanks for the link, and thanks for the offering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunmaster View Post
    demolidor:

thanks for the link, and thanks for the offering.

If you're in the U.S., ZyMax strings are readily available.

Please contact me and I can help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Strung it with ZyMax62 and the prototype Zyex Pro. Will update on Tuesday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDoDoNkZ View Post
    Just Strung it with ZyMax62 and the prototype Zyex Pro. Will update on Tuesday
    You have any details for the ZyMax Pro? Bought 2 reels of 62 from Fylde Sports for 60 pound each will give my comments when I get it here in Australia. Will restring my Arc 10 and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is Zyex Pro, They were planning to sell this for the consumers instead of the now ZyMax 62 67 and 70. However things didnt work out.

The Zyex Pro is 0.64mm I believe ...its a 22 gauge.... i need to check again if i can find the papers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strung my Nanospeed 9900 with Zymax 0.67 at 22lbs. I'm testing this against Yonex BG80 (I usually use BG65Ti). Too early to tell the difference but will be giving it a harder workout tomorrow night.

Initial thoughts following stringing and a couple of coaching sessions I gave. It strings well and feels tight. There doesn't appear to be as much "bite" on the string compared to BG80 because of the texture. But, my racquet felt tighter initally after stringing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone ordered from this cite:

http://www.tiopan.com/~badminton/

Your feedback is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eravalo View Post
    Has anyone ordered from this cite:

http://www.tiopan.com/~badminton/

Your feedback is appreciated.
    I have bought from him numerous times. Good seller and fast service. Just email him what you want to make sure he has stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have bought several reels from Jonah, Never a complaint. Very good communication and good service.
    I've been working with him for two years and it has always been fine

I should be testing Zymax 0.67 and 0.62 as soon as I get a reel from him, I will let you know how I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZyMax 0.62mm

The string is really powerful and has a very good durability for a 0.62mm. I strung it on my Arc10 3U at 30lbs and have been playing it for 2 weeks; 4-5 days a week for 8 hrs straight.

A very high pitch sound is produced for every shot played, very similar to Nanogy98 0.68mm. Just as Powerful as Nano98 and has a better feel for tumbling net shots and drops. High and Attacking Clears couldn’t be much easier I noticed. The best thing about ZyMax62 is that, even when you do a lot of power shots & smashes it feels so soft and you can somehow ‘feel’ the birdie for a very brief period. This is what I felt during warm up and serious game. Especially at 30lbs, your wrist and shoulder will normally feel the strain which I felt when I was using Nano98 for months; it felt as if I’m hitting the birdie on a metal wire. This isn’t the case for ZyMax62. Plus it is cheaper than Nano98 U$ 15 compared to ZyMax U$ 9

I have never string my racquets, I’m sorry I can’t provide you with any information on this. The Only downside, if you string it anything 28lbs or more as I’ve never tried lower tensions, on mishit on the top or bottom portion, you will break the string. If you do this a lot, read my review and go for the ZyMax 0.70mm or try the ZyMax 0.67mm. It will not break if you are precise and always on the sweet spot, unless wear and tear of course.

You will definitely experience the difference if you are using excellent grade shuttlecocks/birdies or new ones.
    I hope this review has been helpful to some and I would definitely recommend this string for any type of players.
    Last edited by InDoDoNkZ; 09-27-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: For Easy Read...I hope

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZyMax 0.70mm

ZyMax70 is the highest durability from the ZyMax line and it comes with a great repulsion power. I strung this on my Armortec900 Tech at 30lbs and have been playing it for 2 weeks; 4-5 days a week for 8 hrs straight.

Even though this string is 0.70mm it feels more powerful than BG66 0.66mm & BG80 0.68mm. This was clarified by the fact that all Yonex strings are measured after they have been strung at about 26 lbs to achieve 0.66mm and 0.68mm.

This string will produce a loud bang with power shots and smashes that you would normally hear. Easy and effortless to do drops, high clear and attacking clear, not forgetting smashes and other power shots. However I need a little more work for tumbling net shots, it is not as sensitive as a ZyMax62. Like all ZyMax strings, all shots feel soft and easy on your wrist and shoulder and there is no soreness the next day I play. The softness feels similar to BG66 but not the BG80 which feels like a metal wire for me. Pricewise, some people might stick with BG66 since its only U$6 but for those using BG80 U$9 and would some relieve in their wrist and shoulder, you might want to try this one.

I have never string my racquets, I’m sorry I can’t provide you with any information on this.

A good thing about ZyMax70 even at 30lbs is that it will not break as easily as ZyMax62 on mishit.

You will definitely experience the difference if you are using excellent grade shuttlecocks/birdies or new ones.

I hope this review has been helpful to some and I would definitely recommend this string for any type of players.
    Last edited by InDoDoNkZ; 09-27-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: For Easier Read...i Hope

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, a minor correction.

Nanogy 98 is 0.66mm instead of 0.68mm

For some reason, the number 8 is stuck in my head

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZyMax 0.62mm

The string is really powerful and has a very good durability for a 0.62mm. I strung it on my Arc10 3U at 30lbs and have been playing it for 2 weeks; 4-5 days a week for 8 hrs straight.

A very high pitch sound is produced for every shot played, very similar to Nanogy98 0.68mm. Just as Powerful as Nano98 and has a better feel for tumbling net shots and drops. High and Attacking Clears couldnít be much easier I noticed. The best thing about ZyMax62 is that, even when you do a lot of power shots & smashes it feels so soft and you can somehow Ďfeelí the birdie for a very brief period. This is what I felt during warm up and serious game. Especially at 30lbs, your wrist and shoulder will normally feel the strain which I felt when I was using Nano98 for months; it felt as if Iím hitting the birdie on a metal wire. This isnít the case for ZyMax62.
    i usually use nbg98 on most of my rackets at 24lbs. gave this zymax 62 string a try at 24lbs too, but it felt very tight and have a hard feeling of higher tension. i felt like using a wood to hit the birdie. so tried a 2nd string with a tension of 22lbs and this time it feels like my nbg98 @ 24 lbs. not sure why this could be happening...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, that was not the sensation I have and by rule of thumb, thinner string will have a softer touch than a thicker one.

It might come down to what kind of stringing machine do you use, the same person who strung it ? and was it on the same stringing machine.

Another thing is, your nbg98 has been on your racquet for how long? and im sure the zymax62 was still fresh from the oven. The loss of tension in NBG98 would be the best explanation.

I had all my strings done by a certified Ashaway stringer everytime by the same person using the same machine.

However, different people might experience different sensation. Let me know again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, that was not the sensation I have and by rule of thumb, thinner string will have a softer touch than a thicker one.
    Sorry, disagree. In general, thinner string will have more repulsion, hold tension better, feel stiffer and play tighter than thicker string. Also, in most cases, the thinner string will grip better.

You almost always have to string thicker string tighter to make it feel similar to thinner string.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point noted, thanks for the small clarification.

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast