User Tag List

Page 19 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Randomlegend View Post
    To the people who are going through ZM62 like its going out of fashion, what tension are you playing at?
    2 pieces method, @25x27.5lb ECP with 10% pre-stretch, broke all 4 racquet strings in a single night within 5 games. But aside from the durability issue, string to string, it is the best preforming string I have ever play.

Ted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where I can get the zymax 62 at Malaysia..can anybody give me the name of the shop?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the people who are going through ZM62 like its going out of fashion, what tension are you playing at?
    I play "thick" Yonex stuff (95, 70, 65) at 29-ish and "thin" stuff (66, 66M, 98) at 26, but I have to make an exception for z62 and play it at 25. Despite playing with plastics I very rarely break string, not even Z62; I mostly notice a tension loss or just get bored of it.

I've just re-done my T2 at 31 with Z70 since I had a pack to spare, and the "note" from the 25 Z62 is higher than that from the 31 Z70 - a LOT higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-piece stringing, at 26x28 lbs.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ If that's ECP, then it's right at the upper limit of what Ashaway consider "safe". My 25 is on a crank, albeit overclocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine is a crank machine. it's definitely feels much tighter than the other strings, yet still produce great power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zymax 62 @ 22x24 lb on AT-600. Loving it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried Z70 at 31 yesterday and it was awesome: NO loss of power and a HUGE control hike. This could become my go-to setup if I could find yellow Z70; mine was white, and I think the yellow stuff has a more BG80-ish texture for better grip.

On a side-note, it really did seem as if it was thicker than 0.70 - it looked and sounded more like MPXL at that tension (but obviously played a lot better).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dink it! Maybe ZM70 requires 33 lbs at least !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I tried Z70 at 31 yesterday and it was awesome: NO loss of power and a HUGE control hike. This could become my go-to setup if I could find yellow Z70; mine was white, and I think the yellow stuff has a more BG80-ish texture for better grip.

On a side-note, it really did seem as if it was thicker than 0.70 - it looked and sounded more like MPXL at that tension (but obviously played a lot better).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, you will need to keep me up to date regarding the durability of Zymax 70 @ high tension, I want to try it soon, if it lasts more than 3 weeks I will be intrested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does it compare to zymax 62 and 67?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    All three are made from the same materials but in different diameter sizes. The thinnest is always the best in playability and the worse in durability.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tedski View Post
    2 pieces method, @25x27.5lb ECP with 10% pre-stretch, broke all 4 racquet strings in a single night within 5 games. But aside from the durability issue, string to string, it is the best preforming string I have ever play.

Ted
    Zymax strings have low dynamic stiffness that is more in common with natural gut than with other nylon strings. With strings of low dynamic stiffness any pre-stretching will increase its dynamic stiffness and make it more nylon-like.
    Personally, I strongly recommend against any pre-stretching of Zymax strings.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i strung up my trusted ARC10 with Zymax62. here is my quick thoughts on it.

initial feel on the string surface seem to indicate that it is smooth (non-textured) and slippery, yet there is a layer of rubbery coating.

the stringing process is a total breeze, while only a tiny bit thinner than my normal bg80, it does make threading the string so much easier.

i decided to string it @ 23.5lbs on my WASE. the resultant tone is much much higher than my BG80@24lbs.

on court, ZM62 feel lighter and faster than BG80, only slightly. the hitting feel is crisp and repulsion is very good at both low and high power hit. it makes the already lively ARC10 even more lively, which is really like.

the drawback of the string is the vibration feedback is very muted. it doesn't transmit a lot of feel back to the racket and thus i find that i need more time to adjust to the feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miss-hit, gone. Going to get it restrung with ZM70, can't afford to be breaking strings so fast (even though it was a miss-hit).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post

I would say that Z70 is "Z62, but thicker" - there's no way I should be able to hit this hard with ANYTHING at 31, but somehow Z70 keeps its replusion. It's less grippy than Z62, but that may be because my Z70 is white and my Z62 was yellow; I need to get hold of some yellow 70 to do a fair comparison.

I can't really compare it to Z67 - IMO 67 is the "difficult child" of the Zymax trio, not having that special "Zymax-ness" that the other two display.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ZM62. very interesting string.

the medium speed repulsion is really very good, like drives and clear. the shuttle just bounces off with a light flick.

the low speed feel is alright.

i don't feel that it make too much difference in heavy smashes. need to spend more time on that.

but i find it an excellent mixed doubles string, a lot of push and drives and half court light smashes. perfect for that purpose...

how does ZM67 compare?

Page 19 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 ... LastLast