User Tag List

Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 109 ... LastLast
Results 987 to 1,003 of 2043

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the coloring is just an outside dye then it might affect texture/properties of outside jacket?
    I don't recall if each strand in the weave is just colored.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Udonming View Post
    But I thought their 2nd geno nly come with Ivory(white), yellow & red. I've only seen platinum with their 1st gen.
    You are correct. http://www.ashawayusa.com/BadmintonIndexV2.php.

Don't know what taneepak was talking about re gen 2 platinum colour.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    If the coloring is just an outside dye then it might affect texture/properties of outside jacket?
    I don't recall if each strand in the weave is just colored.
    it might affect texture of the string, but how it could significantly affect power and crispiness?

all of them use same technology, same material but different dye
    if the dye affects power and crispiness, and we assume Yonex use same colour material, maybe this problem present in Yonex too?
    it would be fun to tell which one is better BG66 UM red, yellow or white

of course we could assume it is not the dye, but different generation
    it would be interesting to compare platinum VS red

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently, I have only 4 colors, platinum, red, ivory white and optic yellow in 2 gauges, 0.62 and 0.67.
    So far the red is the only one that stands out, or more appropriately disappoints. Perhaps my other non-red strings are of the first generation.
    Anyway I have written to Ashaway to complain, and may I add quite "loudly" about their below-par red.
    I have not had a reply from them since but it is early days, so I will wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy way to find out the generation: look at the labeling on the string itself. First gen will say the string type, e.g., "Ashaway USA Zymax 62" or something like that. Second gen will only say "Ashaway USA." Platinum is only available in the first gen, and red is only available in second, so you already know which ones those are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Easy way to find out the generation: look at the labeling on the string itself. First gen will say the string type, e.g., "Ashaway USA Zymax 62" or something like that. Second gen will only say "Ashaway USA." Platinum is only available in the first gen, and red is only available in second, so you already know which ones those are.
    If true then the "damage" is not as extensive. Perhaps Ashaway is sending out a test balloon with the red before they switch other clors to 2nd gen.
    If you are stuck with the poorer reds, which have a much higher dynamic stiffness and hence less crispness, you may try to "improve" its performance marginally by increasing tensions by at least 3lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two different versions ( one is labelled as "Ashaway USA Zymax 62" and another one as "Ashaway USA" ) and both are red colors.
    I bought one from Eric and another one from Queensway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually had the opposite of this with genuine strings.
    In fact I've had both generations of strings with both markings so I'm afraid this isn't a 'concrete' way to differentiate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have white and red ZM65 but knowing me it's going to take a while to pop the string. It's been on for about 4-5 weeks already and no signs of fraying. I play 3 times a week for 2.5 hrs per session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah man, really??? I thought that way was surefire. That means that it's basically impossible to determine what generation the strings are in those neutral packs from MBS...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always email Ashaway.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all my zymax (65/67/red/white/yellow) says ashaway usa zymax 65/67

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've emailed ashaway to see if they will do a 'swapsies' with my red string. I might have difficulty with the fact that it is 'mbs' style with no retail packaging, just a plastic tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Currently, I have only 4 colors, platinum, red, ivory white and optic yellow in 2 gauges, 0.62 and 0.67.
    So far the red is the only one that stands out, or more appropriately disappoints. Perhaps my other non-red strings are of the first generation.
    Anyway I have written to Ashaway to complain, and may I add quite "loudly" about their below-par red.
    I have not had a reply from them since but it is early days, so I will wait.
    So in the case of the 2nd gen (white, yellow, and red), the best is the white one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current Zymax strings of about 150pcs are of 4 colors. Only the red has Ashaway USA, the other 3 colors show Ashaway USA Zymax 62 or Ashaway USA Zymax 67.
    Ashaway has responded to my first inquiry by saying all the 4 colors are of the same design and process and expressed surprise at my findings. However, I have subsequently queried them on whether they have ever changed their Zymax design, core structure, jacket type and any changes in pigmentation. I have yet to hear from them on this followup.
    If they respond saying that there has been no change ever made, then we know something is wrong, because we all know (even stringers know) the reds are an entirely different string.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    I've emailed ashaway to see if they will do a 'swapsies' with my red string. I might have difficulty with the fact that it is 'mbs' style with no retail packaging, just a plastic tie.
    lemme know how that goes, im gonna try to swap them as well. I bought 15 sets lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    My current Zymax strings of about 150pcs are of 4 colors. Only the red has Ashaway USA, the other 3 colors show Ashaway USA Zymax 62 or Ashaway USA Zymax 67.
    Ashaway has responded to my first inquiry by saying all the 4 colors are of the same design and process and expressed surprise at my findings. However, I have subsequently queried them on whether they have ever changed their Zymax design, core structure, jacket type and any changes in pigmentation. I have yet to hear from them on this followup.
    If they respond saying that there has been no change ever made, then we know something is wrong, because we all know (even stringers know) the reds are an entirely different string.
    So if I buy a ZM70 now, what color would you recommend the best?

Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 109 ... LastLast