User Tag List

Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,310 to 1,326 of 2043

Thread: Zymax strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ Good start would be 22 for plastic and 24 for feather. White feels best to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Agree with Visor. For feathers, start at 24 lb and once you get a feel for the string adjust the tension accordingly on your next restring (if necessary). I'm kinda bland as I always use white
    Great then. If I try 25, would the difference compared to 24 be very noticeable?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Great then. If I try 25, would the difference compared to 24 be very noticeable?
    It's different for everyone. What tension is currently on your racket? I haven't used the Precision Pro so I have no idea what it feels like. Best to choose a starting point and go with it. You'll eventually get a feel of what works for you.

Personally, I am quite sensitive to tension change. I string at 27 lb and feels fantastic freshly strung. When the tension drops, the strings feel softer. I bear with it for as long as I can because I don't want to keep replacing strings . As I said, the ZM65 holds tension reasonably well so you get decent bang for the buck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    It's different for everyone. What tension is currently on your racket? I haven't used the Precision Pro so I have no idea what it feels like. Best to choose a starting point and go with it. You'll eventually get a feel of what works for you.

Personally, I am quite sensitive to tension change. I string at 27 lb and feels fantastic freshly strung. When the tension drops, the strings feel softer. I bear with it for as long as I can because I don't want to keep replacing strings . As I said, the ZM65 holds tension reasonably well so you get decent bang for the buck.
    Actually, during my entire badminton career (around 3+ years now) I've only tried using 24 and 25 lbs. tension with different strings like BG65, BG66, ZM70 and ZM62. I want to experiment with higher tensions but I'm not sure if I can handle it yet? How do I exactly know if I need a higher tension? The last string I've used is a BG66 at 25 lbs. and it was "ok" but I'm not sure if going higher would've been better.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Hey visor I strung my Legend II with ZM62 @24lbs yesterday too but wasn't able to use too much power cause I bumped my elbow earlier in the day. Trying to use CarlTune to figure out the frequency but it's all over the place and I can never reproduce anything between 1100-1300Hz consistently.
    Any ideas?
    To get a consistent pitch, strum the stringbed like a guitar, with the back of your middle fingernail. Make sure your phone mike is close by to properly pick up the pitch.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get a consistent pitch, strum the stringbed like a guitar, with the back of your middle fingernail. Make sure your phone mike is close by to properly pick up the pitch.
    Yeah tried every which way and reading is so inconsistent. Sometimes it just stays stuck at a lower frequency and sometimes it jumps as hight as 7k.
    At least the Legend II feels better now with the ZM62 than it did with the NS880!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think weather may also play a role in determining what tension you choose to string at. If you're in the tropics (Philippines, INA, Singapore etc) where its probably perennially hot and humid, the bird may tend to fly faster and farther than say, somewhere in Sweden or Canada or even England in winter.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Yeah tried every which way and reading is so inconsistent. Sometimes it just stays stuck at a lower frequency and sometimes it jumps as hight as 7k.
    At least the Legend II feels better now with the ZM62 than it did with the NS880!
    I see that it is just newly strung. Yeah, newly strung stringbed is more difficult to measure pitch as the tension hasn't had time to equalize throughout the bed yet, so it won't ring as true and loud as an equalized bed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same issue with the other rackets as well. I think it is my phone. Will have to try with my iPad soon.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I think weather may also play a role in determining what tension you choose to string at. If you're in the tropics (Philippines, INA, Singapore etc) where its probably perennially hot and humid, the bird may tend to fly faster and farther than say, somewhere in Sweden or Canada or even England in winter.
    That's why there are shuttles of different speeds for different temperatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    In that case, which tension do you recommend?

@visor

Any ideas on my question on my last reply to this post?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to experiment with higher tensions but I'm not sure if I can handle it yet? How do I exactly know if I need a higher tension? The last string I've used is a BG66 at 25 lbs. and it was "ok" but I'm not sure if going higher would've been better.
    The general consensus and this is also how I feel it, is you string to the highest tension with the correspondingly smaller sweetspot that you can comfortably play with.

Once the sweetspot gets too small for your timing and technique, you'll know it as your smashes will be weaker and your clears will fall short of the rear tramlines. And because you need to hit harder, you'll start to get sore shoulder and elbow... that's when you know you need to back down in tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The general consensus and this is also how I feel it, is you string to the highest tension with the correspondingly smaller sweetspot that you can comfortably play with.

Once the sweetspot gets too small for your timing and technique, you'll know it as your smashes will be weaker and your clears will fall short of the rear tramlines. And because you need to hit harder, you'll start to get sore shoulder and elbow... that's when you know you need to back down in tension.
    Makes sense So is it better to start at 24 and work my way up or the other way around?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Good start would be 22 for plastic and 24 for feather. White feels best to me.
    Already answered you earlier.

If you have trouble clearing full length or you feel pain, then you know you've gone too high.

And if you have trouble with feel and accuracy playing net/touch shots and blocks, then you know you've gone too low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already answered you earlier.

If you have trouble clearing full length or you feel pain, then you know you've gone too high.

And if you have trouble with feel and accuracy playing net/touch shots and blocks, then you know you've gone too low.
    Ok. What is the equivalent tension of a ZM65 string for a BG66 @ 26lbs.?

And btw, what is the explanation behind the sweet spot getting smaller while going to higher tensions?
    Last edited by kevindd992002; 07-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In that case, which tension do you recommend?

---snip---
    I'm not good enough to recommend string tension, or what combination of string/tension to use -I think its highly subjective because there are too many variables, including how you feel on the day. Which is why I voiced my thoughts. So I'll hold my peace on this. But there are others here, like visor, madbad, vajrasattva etc who could probably give you much better, and useful advice.

On Zymax strings in general, my personal opinion is that they are no better or worse than other strings. Each has its own characteristics. Its all down to your style and preferences. Even your "best string" choice may change over time as your own style and proficiency evolves or deteriorates.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a roll of the new Zm65 and Zm67 by now, but the Zm67 was really disappointing. Both lost tension pretty heavily, despite their claims to have great tension rentention, and the Zm65 was not as repulsive as the Bg66UM.
    After getting used to it for weeks now, I can finally play decently with the Zm67, but it's still considerably less controlled and no more powerful than a same-tension Bg80.
    I'm really pissed about Yonex' latest price change (+20€ per 200m string), but not satisfied with the latest bunch of Zymax either. For my personal use, I'll probably continue to use them because they're 66% the cost, but I don't think I'll recommend them much to those I string for.
    The Zm62 was a pretty great string for low tensions, but once I went over a certain tension, it was no longer an option Not really sth I could recommend either as the string alone is already a bit costly, so it's just unbelievably expensive for someone who doesn't string themselves

Has anyone compared different colors? Which was the most slippery? I'm still hoping to find some repulsion, and going by experience slippery strings are more repulsive. Also, I don't really need to shave the coating off the cork, so I'd be fine with something that's slightly smoother than the sand-paper-y Zm67 red I have

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Slippery? Nothing compares to bg66um.

The old platinum zm strings were quite slippery.

And why play with 67 when 65 is better in all aspects?

Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast