Lethal 50 or Woven 7

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zombie0517, Jul 26, 2009.

1. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Hi all, I once played with a 1st gen Ti10 and absolutely loved it. As my old Ti10 is gone, I am now looking at alternatives. I was wondering if Apacs Lethal 50 or SOTX Woven 7 would be a good substitute. I mainly needed it for singles as I find my nanospeed 9000x doesn't seem to be 'explosive' enough :) suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated .:) Many thanks.

2. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Woven 7 better, i dont like Lethal 50......thats personal preference :D

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I used to have a W7, which I used exclusively for singles, and it is VERY heavy compared to a 3U Yonex. The stiffness isn't in the same league as either a NS9000X or a Ti-10 Mk 1 but the balance is quite head heavy, making it more suitable for singles.

The Lethal 50, I'm told, is stiffer, but is balanced almost exactly the same as the YY rackets you mention, so you might find it a bit "restrained" for singles use. If your wrist is strong enough and you have excellent existing defence then I would push the W7.

4. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    I used to have ti10(2nd gen) and W7. I feel W7 is more head heavy and good for attacking player. Overall the racket is lighter than ti10(2nd gen) and ti10(2nd gen) has head lighter than W7.

Do u interest to get one w7 for trial?