User Tag List

Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2 52 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,718 to 1,734 of 2028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yobex Arcsaber Z is powerful, I noticed the guy I was playing yesterday he recently bought a Z and his smashed were more powerful, but that didn't change the result, all my strings are broken on my rackets, so I was using a 97g babollat racket and still won.
    At the end of the day racket doesn't matter, it's all down to player ability.
    At the end of the day, sacrificing control and forgiveness for a small gain of power will in mot cases loose more points than gained in thegame :-)

That is why we use ISO-shape racket tody and not ovals, that was common many yars ago... quite simple actually

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    At the end of the day, sacrificing control and forgiveness for a small gain of power will in most cases loose more points than gained in the game :-)

That is why we use ISO-shape racket tody and not ovals, that was common many yars ago... quite simple actually

/Twobeer
    This is quite true to be honest especially in doubles (I play doubles 80% of the time). For many reasons, I would definitely try the Z to get a good feel of the racket but I would most likely not want to own one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play both single and doubles and do find that Z-Slash is a good racket. Even though the head is slightly smaller, I don't find any challenge using it. In fact, it gave me the comfort and confidence to play even better. It improved my backhand and it was easier to clear from my backhand with just a light touch.
    It is really a very balance racket and not head heavy which suits my kinda play. Swinging it is a breeze and the fast counter attacks and defenses makes it a gem.
    My only Yonex racquet at the moment besides my ProAces, Fisher and Mizuno and best by a far margin. Do not own any other YY so can't compare.
    Appreciate those who have used it to share comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe he just simply meant that 8dx has a normal sweetspot and Arc-Z has a much smaller sweetspot given same tension... .. guess you can ask him if you are unsure...

/T
    Most probably he would meant that too, no question! Seriously, they can substitute a 160 grams training racquet with Z specs! Thereafter, compare the before and after tourney results, I'd say ginormous improvements especially for the younger guys and gals.

Got an I idea, I'll try to find some well worn Zs (mostly they are paint chips from retrieving shuttles...unless you can post pics of broken racquets under normal use!), lead it up evenly so than it is 160 grams and train w/ it. And I'll let know if either I broke my arm or gotten better or worse (I think), no improvement whatsoever from all from the training!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is the Arc Z-slash compared with the Arc 10? Is there much difference at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arc Z is more head heavy and has less repulsion I believe..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I owned 2 Arc Z 3UG5 and 1 Arc Z 2UG5. I can tell you both are GREAT, especially the Arc Z 2U from JP. It does not feels sluggish or heavy. (i am a power player, not a wrist player). So the speed and power it generates is wonderful. And 2U Arc Z is overall more balance in control and netplay compare to 3U.
    So overall, Arc Z is a good racket. Whether or not the pros today are using it does not matter as it is the skills that make them pros, not the rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twobeer,

Seems there are no takers to let me train with their worn out Zs (because there aren't any I've come accross with). Yeah, there's really only a few with paint chips, so can't really find someone willing to part with their Zs for me to lead-up to 160 grams for training purposes.

So, have you found many broken Zs yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEs View Post
    Twobeer,

Seems there are no takers to let me train with their worn out Zs (because there aren't any I've come accross with). Yeah, there's really only a few with paint chips, so can't really find someone willing to part with their Zs for me to lead-up to 160 grams for training purposes.

So, have you found many broken Zs yet?
    Actually i think my old Zs have switched owner a number of times..Players seem to keep them a month or so end then trading them for an ARC-10 or so, or another brand :-) not broken yet though.. Let me put it this way.. its not one of Yonex biggest hits here..

Why bother to go Z if you want small sweetspot..just uy an old steel classic headshaped rackt and add lead..or go find a n old squash racket with small head... should do the trick..

/Twobeer

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twobeer,

Old steel vibrates like crazy! Hey I just want to experiment with the now and current for improvements...not to end up with creaky joints!

So Zs traded for 10s but none broken? Hmmm, at least it says something about its durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twobeer,

Old steel vibrates like crazy! Hey I just want to experiment with the now and current for improvements...not to end up with creaky joints!

So Zs traded for 10s but none broken? Hmmm, at least it says something about its durability.
    All rackets that sits in the bag are having better durability than the one used on courts :-)

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkYin View Post
    How is the Arc Z-slash compared with the Arc 10? Is there much difference at all?
    i got both.

quite a big difference between the 2.

the Z:

half oval half isometric = more aerodynamic (faster swing speed) and smaller sweetspot (less room for error, e.g. off centre shots)

smaller head = emphasises the above and increases stability
    longer shaft (not including handle) = faster swing speed

the main point i wanna emphasise is that the smaller size and shape of the head has its advantages.

although, i admit myself the Z has a very different feel to the other rackets yonex wouldnt make it their flagship racket for no reason. i think a lot of people criticise the z when in actual fact they perhaps just dont have the patience to adapt to it.

i also have old cab 21 and no the Z is not the same nor would i use a cab 21 instead of my Z, they are completely different.
    Last edited by waiwai8; 04-26-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All rackets that sits in the bag are having better durability than the one used on courts :-)

/T
    A nice way to say it bluntly, but true! Ha Ha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waiwai8 View Post

i also have old cab 21 and no the Z is not the same nor would i use a cab 21 instead of my Z, they are completely different.
    Would you care to give a brief comparison of your Z and Cab21? They are the same length slim shaft? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you care to give a brief comparison of your Z and Cab21? They are the same length slim shaft? Thanks.
    compared to the Z the cab 21 (blue version) is the following:

shorter
    oval head shape (smaller sweetspot)
    has a box construction head frame (more robust feel on impact)
    more repulsive (nb this doesn't mean its more powerful)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shorter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waiwai8 View Post

shorter
    Thanks, I would guess, by ''more repulsive'', you meant, a tad flexier than Z but about the same stiffness?

Any known durability issues in your personal experience w regards to the two slim shafted racquets?