User Tag List

Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4 54 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,752 to 1,768 of 2028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about the comparisons between Armortec 700 vs ArcSaber 10 , and Armortec 900 vs ArcSaber Z Slash ? I am in the process to buy 1 of the 4 , and I am an attacking player , would anyone kindly advice as I am a new comer in here , thanks !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    I don't think there's actually a cure for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (to own more than enough copies of the same thing, in your case Arc Zs that is)

Does a reason such as: Oh, I need backup rackets in case my strings break and sometimes breaking 2 to 3 string beds are normal on a big hitting day?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dk9664 View Post
    How about the comparisons between Armortec 700 vs ArcSaber 10 , and Armortec 900 vs ArcSaber Z Slash ? I am in the process to buy 1 of the 4 , and I am an attacking player , would anyone kindly advice as I am a new comer in here , thanks !!
    Any other rackets you want a comparison with ? Why did you use before ?
    You should consider a Victor SuperWaves 35

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Any other rackets you want a comparison with ? Why did you use before ?
    You should consider a Victor SuperWaves 35
    I just cracked my Armortec 500 and hoping to upgrade to either Armortec 700/900 or ArcSaber 10/Z Slash . I used to have an Armortec 700 but only last for 3 months , so I still haven't make up my mind to get Armortec 700 or not , please advice . Victor SuperWaves 35 ? How does it compare in performance and price wise with my choices ? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just cracked my Armortec 500 and hoping to upgrade to either Armortec 700/900 or ArcSaber 10/Z Slash . I used to have an Armortec 700 but only last for 3 months , so I still haven't make up my mind to get Armortec 700 or not , please advice . Victor SuperWaves 35 ? How does it compare in performance and price wise with my choices ? Thanks
    I just acquired the 3u ArcZ (4 days back) and had a few hits with my friend's SW35 (also 3U) last evening. The SW35 is very stiff and generates a massive amount of power. I was not familiar enough to do any big smashes but feel the potential is definitely there. It's an easy racket to tune into and I did not miss the sweetspot (at least I think not) at all. The 3u is bloody heavy and add to the head heaviness feels like a sledge hammer. It swing quite fast though so I'm kinda confused about how a racket that head heavy (+heavy) can swing so nicely.

Comparatively, the ArcZ (1st trial 2hrs) took me a few shots to tune into. It could be because this is the first game after a 2-week break so all my timing are off anyway. If there is any word to describe the Z, it moves much faster than one will expect of the balance/weight. The Z is not the lightest 3u racket, nor is it head light but it moves fast. The weight gives it decent power (I think the SW35 and my TC700 wins hands down in this area).

For the ArcZ, I did not have any problem with the sweetspot. I get a pretty decent smash from the racket and occasional big ones that surprises me -- almost TC700 strong. It's pretty swift racket so drop shots are easy. Need more getting used to for net plays.

Getting to smashes are easy due to the speed but controlling them is a different story. I agree with twobeer that the racket does disappoint in trying to control smashes and counter attacking. Directional changes, which is important to my game, is somewhat difficult to control. A lot of returns with too little or way too much angle. This could be that I'm not used to the racket or the shaft flexes weirdly.

My other complain is that the ArcZ screws up my TC700 timing quite a bit. I returned to the TC700 in the last 1.5hrs of the session. The same problem with defensive change of direction disappeared.

Overall, I appreciate the ArcZ that it provides a lot of speed without sacrificing too much power. It's certainly quite a good racket so I'm keeping it for a while more to test it out. I think the shaft could be shorter with a longer grip and made stiffer. If the shaft goes any softer though as many posters here have mentioned, watch the marketplace for an ArcZ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks weeyeh for your analysis on the ArcZ , I still need other members to comment on AT700 vs ArcZ/Arc 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I just acquired the 3u ArcZ (4 days back) and had a few hits with my friend's SW35 (also 3U) last evening. The SW35 is very stiff and generates a massive amount of power. I was not familiar enough to do any big smashes but feel the potential is definitely there. It's an easy racket to tune into and I did not miss the sweetspot (at least I think not) at all. The 3u is bloody heavy and add to the head heaviness feels like a sledge hammer. It swing quite fast though so I'm kinda confused about how a racket that head heavy (+heavy) can swing so nicely.

Comparatively, the ArcZ (1st trial 2hrs) took me a few shots to tune into. It could be because this is the first game after a 2-week break so all my timing are off anyway. If there is any word to describe the Z, it moves much faster than one will expect of the balance/weight. The Z is not the lightest 3u racket, nor is it head light but it moves fast. The weight gives it decent power (I think the SW35 and my TC700 wins hands down in this area).

For the ArcZ, I did not have any problem with the sweetspot. I get a pretty decent smash from the racket and occasional big ones that surprises me -- almost TC700 strong. It's pretty swift racket so drop shots are easy. Need more getting used to for net plays.

Getting to smashes are easy due to the speed but controlling them is a different story. I agree with twobeer that the racket does disappoint in trying to control smashes and counter attacking. Directional changes, which is important to my game, is somewhat difficult to control. A lot of returns with too little or way too much angle. This could be that I'm not used to the racket or the shaft flexes weirdly.

My other complain is that the ArcZ screws up my TC700 timing quite a bit. I returned to the TC700 in the last 1.5hrs of the session. The same problem with defensive change of direction disappeared.

Overall, I appreciate the ArcZ that it provides a lot of speed without sacrificing too much power. It's certainly quite a good racket so I'm keeping it for a while more to test it out. I think the shaft could be shorter with a longer grip and made stiffer. If the shaft goes any softer though as many posters here have mentioned, watch the marketplace for an ArcZ.
    weeyeh,

Please rate it 1, 2, 3, for w/ regards to TC700, SiW35 & Z, thanks a lot.

RvS

P.S. Include Spira 21 if you get to play with it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    weeyeh,

Please rate it 1, 2, 3, for w/ regards to TC700, SiW35 & Z, thanks a lot.

RvS

P.S. Include Spira 21 if you get to play with it as well.
    I cannot rate the SW35 since I've only had a few strokes with it. I only used the Z for 2hrs so its ranking may change.
    My ranking of all my recent rackets goes like:

1. TC700
    2. Cab30MS
    3. ZELM PP10k
    4. ZELM PP9990
    5. Arc Z
    6. APACS Tantrum 200
    7. My cheapo S$20 racket
    8. ZELM Trixon 8
    9. Arc 10

I took a long time to like the PP9990 but am instantly in love with the top 3. The trixon 8 actually dropped in ranking as the shaft softens up. I took up to 6 months to decide that the Arc10 is not for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    The trixon 8 actually dropped in ranking as the shaft softens up.
    Stop stroking it and start blowing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Sony is able to make this racket flex like this on the backhand.....
    http://www.pbase.com/eric_hos/image/125764211
    wtf, such wrist power.. and such a great moment for the photographer to take that picture right at that moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Stop stroking it and start blowing it.
    haha.. then I do not even need strings right :P... Of course we are talking feathers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armortec 700
    It is a very good racket, its my main racket and I know it really well.
    Armortec 700 is the most head heavy racket ever produced by Yonex, the ultra light weight of the racket with the head heavy of the racket will make it feels heavy. You need a strong wrist-arm to play well with it. Its a very stiff . This racket yet can produce a powerful smashes due to its head heavy.

Arcsaber 10
    A yet balance overall racket. Non-light and non-heavy. Many players go for this racket. Good for an accuracy shots.

Armortec 900 Power
    Its same like Armotec 700, light weight with head heavy and stiff. It just Armortec 900 Power is not as head heavy as Armortec 700. In spite of the light body, Armortec 900 Power generates powerful attacking shots and high-level face stability for players who like maximum power in their offensive and defensive game.

Arcsaber Z-Slash
    An upgrade of Arcsaber 10. Its slim shaft can reduce the air pressure during the shots, as for result, a very powerful shots!
    Arcsaber Z-Slash rackets store up energy during the shot, allowing you to attack with pinpoint accuracy.
    Its for players seeking a higher level of control.

You should give a hand before you buy it, different racket come with different responsability. ..?Haha!
    Last edited by Amin Khalili; 06-24-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much Amin Khalili , that's exactly the sort of informations that I need to choose my next racket(s) !! Well Done !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!Damn my english was very bad!Im lazy to edit it ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think about getting Arc 10 now ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    well, its about what you want. when i hit with an ARCZ, i found all the overhead shots felt really nice, and it was easier to generate power, as observed. however, the flat shots and delicate shots weren't immediately there for me. It took time to get used to, and i still like the ARC10 more. but, if i were to spend time and get used to it,i would not using an ARCZ.
    Last edited by jymbalaya; 06-25-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: and=>an

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    me too....always read/heard reviews that it is a very forgiving racket, guess suit my current situation best (playing once a MONTH)
    if u get a good bargain, let me know.