User Tag List

Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,802 of 2028
  1. #1786
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Hmm
    NS9900, Yes
    AT700, ...yes
    AT900T, yes
    At900p, well, from what most users have said, they much prefered the AT900t over P
    ArcZ, NO
    Arc10, yes and no, benifit of the doubt here, (hesitant yes)
    Arc9, yes just for the paint scheme
    Arc7, well thom_bad has one, so I refuse to comment
    i would be so harsh on the ARCZ. i too do not like it, but i can say that it is not the inferior racket many make it out. Like Roy_b mentioned, the ARC10 was also a bit of a divider. I love the ARC10, but a lot of the people i know say that it feels too wierd for them to use it. Its the ame concept with the ARCZ. The Z isnt bad, just a bit different. I am sure if one took the time to get used to it, and only played with that racket, they would find it better than what is normally reviewed. I have seen a growth in the people playing with the Z slash, and very few of them find it bad.

  2. #1787
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jymbalaya View Post
    i would be so harsh on the ARCZ. i too do not like it, but i can say that it is not the inferior racket many make it out. Like Roy_b mentioned, the ARC10 was also a bit of a divider. I love the ARC10, but a lot of the people i know say that it feels too wierd for them to use it. Its the ame concept with the ARCZ. The Z isnt bad, just a bit different. I am sure if one took the time to get used to it, and only played with that racket, they would find it better than what is normally reviewed. I have seen a growth in the people playing with the Z slash, and very few of them find it bad.
    IMO, a racket which makes a basic net shot a difficult shot, is a poor racket. I know someone who has this racket since march, and still says that he is getting used to it, I myself tried it for about a week of play, and I found it, reletively poor in comparison to all my other rackets, especially at the net.
    Of course people are going to say it's a good racket, especially if they have went our and spent $200+ on it, they will naturaly assume that this racket is the greatest racket ever... Until Yonex bring out the next not neccessarily great racket, but over hyped over advertised racket, until they have drilled it into your head, the 4 letters ARCZ

  3. #1788
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Of course people are going to say it's a good racket, especially if they have went out and spent $200+ on it, they will naturaly assume that this racket is the greatest racket ever
    Perfectly put.

    ... Until Yonex bring out the next not necessarily great racket, but over-hyped over-advertised racket....
    Yep, they prey on the gullability of youth !!

  4. #1789
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy b View Post
    Yep, they prey on the gullability of youth !!
    Indeed they do, but they won't be seeing a penny from me, until they bring out something that really temps me... Say an Armortec 1000

  5. #1790
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Btw your profile says you uses Armortec 900 Technique & NanoSpeed 9900.....
    So I suppose you stole those ??

  6. #1791
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    Btw your profile says you uses Armortec 900 Technique & NanoSpeed 9900.....
    So I suppose you stole those ??
    These are the only two Yonex rackets, that I could say, that I liked, the Armortec was a birthday present, and the Nanospeed I bought. The Armortec, has a small hairline crack though (so much for durability)

  7. #1792
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm surprised in France no one uses ArcSaber Z Slash...
    Some use Arc 7 (including me) and 10 in my club, but only one guy has a Z Slash, and he has only 1.....

    Anyway the next racquet i'll buy will be a ns9900 or Babo Xfeel

  8. #1793
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    I'm surprised in France no one uses ArcSaber Z Slash...
    Some use Arc 7 (including me) and 10 in my club, but only one guy has a Z Slash, and he has only 1.....

    Anyway the next racquet i'll buy will be a ns9900 or Babo Xfeel
    or a Victor BraveSword 10 !!

  9. #1794
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, because Victor isn't available on the french website on which I buy my equipment

  10. #1795
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    IMO, a racket which makes a basic net shot a difficult shot, is a poor racket. I know someone who has this racket since march, and still says that he is getting used to it, I myself tried it for about a week of play, and I found it, reletively poor in comparison to all my other rackets, especially at the net.
    Of course people are going to say it's a good racket, especially if they have went our and spent $200+ on it, they will naturaly assume that this racket is the greatest racket ever... Until Yonex bring out the next not neccessarily great racket, but over hyped over advertised racket, until they have drilled it into your head, the 4 letters ARCZ
    Not everyone is finding this racket a piece of junk.
    And i believe people who think it is a good racket simply because they paid over $200 on it belong to a very small group. With so many different players and different levels of people out there on Earth, there are bound for people who hates it and likes it. Just because you personally do not like it and think it is an inferior racket, doesn't mean the whole world should agree on that.
    This is a review thread, not a personal feeling of whether Arc Z is over hyped or overly advertised.
    But since your comments starts with "IMO" i respect your point.
    In Asia, there are many Arc Z lovers, including many of our forum members here ....
    For me, i own 5 Zs and i HATE NS9900. It plays like a piece of S*** with no raw power. Again, thats my feel on it.

  11. #1796
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    Not everyone is finding this racket a piece of junk.
    I was wondering where you were...

    Personally, I did not find it junk but felt it could use a much stiffer shaft. I like its balance of power and speed but not that it gives up control for me. The reason I'm considering giving it up is that between my TC700 and the new ZELM Ultimate, there is hardly any love left for the ArcZ. .

  12. #1797
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I was wondering where you were...

    Personally, I did not find it junk but felt it could use a much stiffer shaft. I like its balance of power and speed but not that it gives up control for me. The reason I'm considering giving it up is that between my TC700 and the new ZELM Ultimate, there is hardly any love left for the ArcZ. .
    Well i wasn't referring to you.
    Racket is a very personal choice. All are free to give their personal reviews on the racket, but whether or not the other person will like it/hate it/buy it depend on that person because everyone is different. For example, i personally find NS9900 a piece of junk that i hate it, but if people ask me i would say try it yourself, it is not my racket. I won't go and tell this is a piece of junk, no point waste money, go buy Arc Z, no, that's not the way. And this is what i wish to highlight.
    BTW saw your posting on the buy/sell thread of your Arc Z....am very tempted to make it my 6th Arc Z...TW coded ....yum yum...too bad i live across the straits eh ...

  13. #1798
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah, it's just that I recall you were an ardent supporter of the ArcZ, both 2u and 3u, and I feel we need a supportive view to give some balance to the thread. I cannot do that since I'm not such a big fan of the Z, then again, I am rarely a fan of many rackets.

  14. #1799
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    Not everyone is finding this racket a piece of junk.
    Amazing, but true

    And i believe people who think it is a good racket simply because they paid over $200 on it belong to a very small group.
    I believe a much larger group than you realise. Kids are kids. I know, I have a couple.

    Just because you personally do not like it and think it is an inferior racket, doesn't mean the whole world should agree on that.
    As you said yourself, this is a review thread. If someone says they feel that the racket is a piece of junk, then just live with it. People have a right to their opinions (just like your opinion of the NS9900). It's no use moaning about negative views of the Z's, just because you own 5 of them

  15. #1800
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    I'm surprised in France no one uses ArcSaber Z Slash...
    I've suddenly cultivated a greater respect for the French

    Vive la France !

  16. #1801
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can only see the Arc Z, being used by the man in Mixed doubles, as they tend to play at the back of the court, other than that, I can't really see it being used. It's been a big success, with professional players though, only Tago, and Robert Matuesiak (sorry roy_b can you correct my spelling)

  17. #1802
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mateusiak . From Wolomin on the outskirts of Warsaw. Just down the road from me .
    Last edited by roy b; 07-16-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash Taufik Review
    By cycilver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 53
    : 06-02-2012, 02:11 AM
  2. FS/FT: Yonex 9900 for ArcSaber Z Slash/ArcSaber 8DX/MX 80
    By ghooga in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
  3. Yonex ArcSaber 10 or ArcSaber Z Slash or Voltric 80 or AT900 P or Victor MX80
    By Polaroid in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
  4. FS /FT : Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash With YY NS9900 / YY Arcsaber 8DX
    By ishak.ahmad in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 04-16-2010, 04:42 AM
  5. My new ArcSaber z-slash! Review
    By MarcAs11 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 03-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •