User Tag List

Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 13 63 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 1,905 to 1,921 of 2028
  1. #1905
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1)are there any other racket which having the same frame shape as z slash?
    2)what string is the best recon to further enchance the smashing quality?

  2. #1906
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    Nothing should be done onto it. This is what makes Arc Z as it is, just like any other rackets. Every rackets is unique, so if you think it is not a better control racket, move on, there are so many good rackets out there.

    Get the racket because which pro use them/ endorse them / or don't buy because no pro use them ? Now that is REAL bad decision for someone who succumb to Racket Marketing strategy. (i.e You are still nobody and not Lin Dan or Play like Lin Dan simply by getting his N90)
    Buy the racket because who and who create the fastest smash out of it? Now that is plain no brainer as well.
    Get the racket because it suits your game and style, no matter what level you are, now that is smart and what it should be.
    So, if Arc Z is not your cup of tea, move on. It is not your fault, and certainly not Yonex. It just does not suit you, thats all.
    (Btw i am open for buying your Arc Z )
    tckang,

    We have our differences of opinion, BUT, my friend, here I couldn't agree with you more . An excellent post.

  3. #1907
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cheers. and to Peace .....

  4. #1908
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, I just tried Apacs Z Spark, the feeling is so damn bad, and its hard to hit the sweetspot
    The feeling of Yonex Z Slash and Apacs Z Spark had really a big different right?
    Im gonna try Z Slash by myself soon, if im sastified with it, I'll get mine

  5. #1909
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    Hey, I just tried Apacs Z Spark, the feeling is so damn bad, and its hard to hit the sweetspot
    The feeling of Yonex Z Slash and Apacs Z Spark had really a big different right?
    I'm gonna try Z Slash by myself soon, if i'm satisfied with it, I'll get mine
    The one has got strictly NOTHING to do with the other; (save a bit of the color and a close name).

  6. #1910
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    Hey, I just tried Apacs Z Spark, the feeling is so damn bad, and its hard to hit the sweetspot
    The feeling of Yonex Z Slash and Apacs Z Spark had really a big different right?
    Im gonna try Z Slash by myself soon, if im sastified with it, I'll get mine
    Hey bro, it is a different racket altogether-lah. feel free to try my Arc Z the next time we play on court.

  7. #1911
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    Hey bro, it is a different racket altogether-lah. feel free to try my Arc Z the next time we play on court.
    The Yonex Z Slash with BG66 Maxima is a reasonably good racket and I don't have any problem about missing the sweetspot. To avoid mistiming and consequently missing the sweetspot, make sure you are in a balanced position and always relax the back swing before exploding with the forward swing. This way you will be spot on 100% of the time.
    However, it lacks the punch and solidity of the Li Ning N55.

  8. #1912
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    ...
    However, it lacks the punch and solidity of the Li Ning N55.
    Please elaborate... I am interested. I am using Arc Saber ZS all these while....

    Thanks.

  9. #1913
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Please elaborate... I am interested. I am using Arc Saber ZS all these while....

    Thanks.
    The Yonex Z Slash is a pretty fast racket with minimal air resistance from its smaller frame and narrower dimensions. It is easy to play almost any shot with crispness. However, perhaps its smaller and narrower dimensions come at the price of frame stability that the Li Ning N55 excels in, although the N55 is slower than the Z Slash to move around in the air.
    It all boils down to the player. I think the Z Slash is perhaps the easiest racket to play well with and I am rather surprised to find that some have found it difficult to hit the sweet spot consistently. The N55 is a more powerful weapon but not everyone can play well with it because it is very stiff and solid.
    For example my wife likes the Z Slash and finds the N55 hard to manage. I prefer the N55.

  10. #1914
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The Yonex Z Slash is a pretty fast racket with minimal air resistance from its smaller frame and narrower dimensions. It is easy to play almost any shot with crispness. However, perhaps its smaller and narrower dimensions come at the price of frame stability that the Li Ning N55 excels in, although the N55 is slower than the Z Slash to move around in the air.
    It all boils down to the player. I think the Z Slash is perhaps the easiest racket to play well with and I am rather surprised to find that some have found it difficult to hit the sweet spot consistently. The N55 is a more powerful weapon but not everyone can play well with it because it is very stiff and solid.
    For example my wife likes the Z Slash and finds the N55 hard to manage. I prefer the N55.
    Could not agree more to this. Well said.

  11. #1915
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The Yonex Z Slash is a pretty fast racket with minimal air resistance from its smaller frame and narrower dimensions. It is easy to play almost any shot with crispness. However, perhaps its smaller and narrower dimensions come at the price of frame stability that the Li Ning N55 excels in, although the N55 is slower than the Z Slash to move around in the air.
    It all boils down to the player. I think the Z Slash is perhaps the easiest racket to play well with and I am rather surprised to find that some have found it difficult to hit the sweet spot consistently. The N55 is a more powerful weapon but not everyone can play well with it because it is very stiff and solid.
    For example my wife likes the Z Slash and finds the N55 hard to manage. I prefer the N55.
    I agree as well :-) .

    But I think when people say it is unforgiving, I do not think most of them (at least if they are good players) refer to controlled shots, like std. clears, slices, smashes, net-play etc.. But rather when you dive for a smash, or in an ultra fast flat exchange etc. were even strong players "need" a bigger sweetspot. My biggest problem with it is the combination of narrow frame (= small sweetspot) and the shlong shaft that isnot stiff enough, so control suffers, especially in defence (against powerful smashers) but also for smashes where the flexy feel makes it loose control imop.

    I love the N55 though, great racket :-)

  12. #1916
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    court
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I agree as well :-) .

    But I think when people say it is unforgiving, I do not think most of them (at least if they are good players) refer to controlled shots, like std. clears, slices, smashes, net-play etc.. But rather when you dive for a smash, or in an ultra fast flat exchange etc. were even strong players "need" a bigger sweetspot. My biggest problem with it is the combination of narrow frame (= small sweetspot) and the shlong shaft that isnot stiff enough, so control suffers, especially in defence (against powerful smashers) but also for smashes where the flexy feel makes it loose control imop.

    I love the N55 though, great racket :-)
    You are referring to one (Arc ZS) racket to refer the flexier flex than ultra stiff rackets? Or you've drawn 16-20 ArcZSes from your bag and they're all flexy?

    Frankly, ArcZS just isn't your cup of tea! You are good at handling TC700 and N55 though. That's it. Absolutely nothing to do with smaller than small sweetspot!

  13. #1917
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Frankly, ArcZS just isn't your cup of tea! You are good at handling TC700 and N55 though. That's it. Absolutely nothing to do with smaller than small sweetspot!
    You are absolutely correct on both counts. I'm another TC700 user who gave up his ArcZ. It's nothing to do with the smaller sweet but the combination with a somewhat flexible shaft. That combo cost me a lot of errors when rushed (e.g. flicking a smash). I have no problems with any controlled shots.

    Like twobeers, I'm okay (not good) at handling the TC700 and the ArcZ is simply not my cup of tea. I recognise that there are people who loves the ArcZ. Afterall, not many of us can play better under pressure than Tago or a few other ArcZ users.

  14. #1918
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    court
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    You are absolutely correct on both counts. I'm another TC700 user who gave up his ArcZ. It's nothing to do with the smaller sweet but the combination with a somewhat flexible shaft. That combo cost me a lot of errors when rushed (e.g. flicking a smash). I have no problems with any controlled shots.

    Like twobeers, I'm okay (not good) at handling the TC700 and the ArcZ is simply not my cup of tea. I recognise that there are people who loves the ArcZ. Afterall, not many of us can play better under pressure than Tago or a few other ArcZ users.
    Yep, you nailed it!

    But I have no qualms with TC700 too...just preference over the other. Although LD_rules and I are SW 35 fanatics, at least for now! Cheers!

  15. #1919
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahhahaa Relax ....
    Whether it is TC700, Arc Z, or any other model, as long as everyone is happy with what they found to enjoy the 2-3 hours of social play each time, then it is a happy ending
    After all, there is no prize money or Badminton Federation's world ranking points awaiting us .....
    The most important for us is to get the right tool that suits your play so that we can enjoy the fun of the game

    Whether it is Yonex, Mizuno or Li Ning, i believe none of them will "rush" out a model without much R&D or thoughts into their products, unlike our recent "Proton Lancer" boleh story in my boleh-land .....
    In reality, with so many models and products of each brands, some are bound to be selling better than some models, just like cars, perfume, etc. That doesn't mean the less seller are inferior in quality or lack in R&D.
    Last edited by tckang; 10-20-2010 at 02:11 AM.

  16. #1920
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    You are referring to one (Arc ZS) racket to refer the flexier flex than ultra stiff rackets? Or you've drawn 16-20 ArcZSes from your bag and they're all flexy?

    Frankly, ArcZS just isn't your cup of tea! You are good at handling TC700 and N55 though. That's it. Absolutely nothing to do with smaller than small sweetspot!
    well, I have tried quite a few Arc-Z and I assume that some sort of consistency in the manufacturing are expected from Yonex, Do you think there are much variations in the flex between different Z:s ??? I do not.

    My views on the Arc-Z is not only from my personal experience but also from a lot of pros trying/using it and looking at the games when players have been switching to the racket. It is visible that most players perform worse with the racket, but as you point out Taufik will beat players like Rumbaka anyway.. But then he plays Gade for example. The control-rigidity-sweetspot of the racket may be the difference costing him the win.

    I dont think the long flex shaft and narrow fram is "da ****".. I think even Yonex realizes this.. They kind of abandonded the whole thing with the newer voltric series...

    There are huge number of rackets apart from my favourites TC700 and N55 i like more than ARc-Z .. I can name (ARC-10, NS9900, SW35, BS10, NS50, NS50-II, NS70, AT900P etc etc.. )

    /Twobeer

  17. #1921
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    Hahhahaa Relax ....
    Whether it is TC700, Arc Z, or any other model, as long as everyone is happy with what they found to enjoy the 2-3 hours of social play each time, then it is a happy ending
    After all, there is no prize money or Badminton Federation's world ranking points awaiting us .....
    The most important for us is to get the right tool that suits your play so that we can enjoy the fun of the game

    Whether it is Yonex, Mizuno or Li Ning, i believe none of them will "rush" out a model without much R&D or thoughts into their products, unlike our recent "Proton Lancer" boleh story in my boleh-land .....
    In reality, with so many models and products of each brands, some are bound to be selling better than some models, just like cars, perfume, etc. That doesn't mean the less seller are inferior in quality or lack in R&D.
    I think it is a different approach in R&D. Yonex seem to do in-lab R&D and do not involve the pros until very close to release, when the racket specs are pretty much fixed. Li-Ning seem to take the R&D path of jointly develop and "tweak" based on national players input. Victor seem to sit somewere in between and innovate and create large amount of models, tryinge different tech, for their pros to try out.

    /Twobeer

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash Taufik Review
    By cycilver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 53
    : 06-02-2012, 02:11 AM
  2. FS/FT: Yonex 9900 for ArcSaber Z Slash/ArcSaber 8DX/MX 80
    By ghooga in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
  3. Yonex ArcSaber 10 or ArcSaber Z Slash or Voltric 80 or AT900 P or Victor MX80
    By Polaroid in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
  4. FS /FT : Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash With YY NS9900 / YY Arcsaber 8DX
    By ishak.ahmad in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 04-16-2010, 04:42 AM
  5. My new ArcSaber z-slash! Review
    By MarcAs11 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 03-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •