User Tag List

Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 14 64 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 1,922 to 1,938 of 2028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I think it is a different approach in R&D. Yonex seem to do in-lab R&D and do not involve the pros until very close to release, when the racket specs are pretty much fixed. Li-Ning seem to take the R&D path of jointly develop and "tweak" based on national players input. Victor seem to sit somewere in between and innovate and create large amount of models, tryinge different tech, for their pros to try out.

/Twobeer
    They do in-lab R&D to have improve on their nano-technology. I have no idea how that helps, but i really like the feel of Arcsaber Z slash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lalalala View Post
    They do in-lab R&D to have improve on their nano-technology. I have no idea how that helps, but i really like the feel of Arcsaber Z slash
    haha.. the nano-research are done by other companies (producers of carbon fibers etc), that is not done by Yonex :-) .. And I am happy if you like the Z :-)

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha okayokay how you know! z slash is nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we are in this Arc Z-Slash forum, I would like to inform you that Taufik string his BG at 33lbs for the tournoments. This is real as I see the receipt. So, dun worry about the tension issues here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavinloh View Post
    Since we are in this Arc Z-Slash forum, I would like to inform you that Taufik string his BG at 33lbs for the tournoments. This is real as I see the receipt. So, dun worry about the tension issues here.
    Taufik used to string harder, I think he went down to 33lbs when he switched to bg-66, and btw he mostly uses the ARC-10 even though they made that special Taufik edition of the Z.

/Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 10-21-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik used to string harder, I think he went down to 33lbs when he switched to bg-66, and btw he mostly uses the ARC-10 even though they made that special Taufik edition of the Z.

/Twobeer
    For curiosity sakes, you string at the mid 30s or high 30s, like 35/37 lbs.?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavinloh View Post
    That's because he's sponsored.. can string till very high tension.. if racket frame crack or anything, he can change to a new racket anytime.

As for ppl like me who is poor, i can't afford to buy another Z Slash if my current Z slash racket break..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    For curiosity sakes, you string at the mid 30s or high 30s, like 35/37 lbs.?
    Me, I usually string 30x33 or 30x32, But I am no taufik :-D

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, I usually string 30x33 or 30x32, But I am no taufik :-D

/Twobeer
    Wooow! That's pretty outta my league! For trials sake, yes. For real game play, heck I'm nowhere near...in fact, I now know I can handle it best at 27/29 after much experimentation!

Cheers,
    RvS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those with a Zslash SP version, does it say SP at the bottom of the shaft to denote its a SP version ? I mean on the grip end if the shaft right below the two red arrow.
    I am looking to buy a used one and dont recall seeing the word SP on the shaft ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up a Z and tried it today. I definitely prefer it over a Arc10. To me, that extra speed it generates help me smash and defend better. I have been using an oval shape racket so the "smaller" sweet spot is not an issue at all. The backhand clear also feels a lot more powerful compare to the Arc10.
    For those who are old dog like myself and play long enough to experiment the Aerotus series, think the Z cut thru the air similar to the Aerotus 110 (think its same design concept.) IMHO, the Aerotus 110 is still the king when it comes to minimal air resistance !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Taufik's Z-Slash has a much better paint job, IMHO. More serious than fun. The price is the same and it's a limited edition to boot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    The Taufik's Z-Slash has a much better paint job, IMHO. More serious than fun. The price is the same and it's a limited edition to boot
    But it is still flexy and narrow

/T

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it is still flexy and narrow

/T
    It's the same racquet, but the colors are more serious. . I don't use it but I can live with it..collectors' item

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I am confused

Is there a difference between the Taufik Z Slash, and the normal Z Slash ? I tried the Taufik one tonight, and it actually felt great, i will need to try it a bit more, but i think it was actually quite good. I was actually quite suprised

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are the LCW's Armortec900P in yellow, Peter Gade's Arc10 in white and the Taufik's ArcZ in red/black/white. All three are signed respectively. The LCW's A900P looks great as well(as seen in the Commonwealth Games). All same prices as the regular ones.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    There are the LCW's Armortec900P in yellow, Peter Gade's Arc10 in white and the Taufik's ArcZ in red/black/white. All three are signed respectively. The LCW's A900P looks great as well(as seen in the Commonwealth Games). All same prices as the regular ones.
    i know all of this, it is just that the Arc Z TH feels better than the Arc ZS that i tried a couple of months ago, maybe i had an off day last time i tried it. The shaft is flexy, in comparsion to what i have been using before, but i think i may have to purchase a 3uG4 just for the fun of it.

I actually cant believe what i am saying, i have actually gave a complement to the Arc Z. Anyone notice that it plays better with a higher tension ? I was using 28lbs and it felt good.

@tckang, @ RvS watch this space.