User Tag List

Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,616 to 1,632 of 2028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    That's sad!! Wonder what's the norm is when something like this happens. Should the victim be compensated a certain percentage of the replacement cost? Maybe this should be on another thread. At least a heartfelt apology.
    Yeah it sucks. I think he believes it's my fault, but I know others who have clashed with him before. I wasn't too miffed about it since my 800DE was about 4 years old already. I think a sorry would be ok, really can't ask for money since it is a risk you knowingly take when playing.
    Last edited by dimcorner; 02-16-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    Yeah it sucks. I think he believes it's my fault, but I know others who have clashed with him before. I wasn't too miffed about it since my 800DE was about 4 years old already. I think a sorry would be ok, really can't ask for money since it is a risk you knowingly take when playing.
    You're a gentleman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    You're a gentleman.
    He is a gentlemen, a sorry wouldn't have went a miss though.
    This has already been discussed in another thread, I will just give you some points made from it:
    Playing doubles there is always risk involved, and it is like a unwritten contract when you step on a court with a partner, that you have agreed to play with him/her therefore up one shall be really held accountable, in the case of a clash, resulting in a break. Unless you can prove it was deliberate, malicious etc.
    Asking for compensation shouldn't happen, it should be up to your partner to offer compensation. You can't expect an young inexperienced beginer to fork out $200 for a new zslash at900 etc. They will los intrest if that happens Instead use common sense and and buy a $30 racket to play with amatuers unknown partners etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    He is a gentlemen, a sorry wouldn't have went a miss though.
    This has already been discussed in another thread, I will just give you some points made from it:
    Playing doubles there is always risk involved, and it is like a unwritten contract when you step on a court with a partner, that you have agreed to play with him/her therefore up one shall be really held accountable, in the case of a clash, resulting in a break. Unless you can prove it was deliberate, malicious etc.
    Asking for compensation shouldn't happen, it should be up to your partner to offer compensation. You can't expect an young inexperienced beginer to fork out $200 for a new zslash at900 etc. They will los intrest if that happens Instead use common sense and and buy a $30 racket to play with amatuers unknown partners etc
    You're right, LD rules. I had a brand new racquet(carbonex 20) broken while playing with a senior a while back. There was no apology or anything. I stopped playing for almost 5 years while living in that community.
    Last edited by chilli; 02-16-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: sequence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Amazing Racket

After just receiving my ArcSaber Z-Slash, i franticly scurried to take it out of the bag, once i took it out, i couldn't help myself from not trying a couple swings and seeing how the grip was. I would have to wait until today to finally give it a test run.

Despite the z slashes isometric slim head, it reminded me of an older iso racket, so i thought i would feel right at home. In the warmup i was amazed how efficiently the racket moved through the air, the racket produces a lot less drag, probably because of the combination of a thin shaft, smaller frame and frame width. The racket felt about evenly balance, but it might have been weighted slightly towards the head. I began the warm up with baseline to baseline clearing, with the racket and its speed it almost felt effortlessly. there was depth and precision in the control of the racket.

Game time, the racket handled better than expected, despite all the negative attitude to the head shape of the racket i saw on the forums, but i guess that is based on personal preference. It seams that when you play with this racket you have the urge to play more aggressively. the fast swing speed it the only problem one might have with this racket, i only mistimed or mis hit a couple shots in the badminton session. but the power you achieve when you connect with this racket is incredible. i believe that i had some of the best smashes so far in that session. But be warned the the myths about this beast not putting out on defense is true, it is a tad more difficult in retrieving the birdie, but is easier to play if you make contact

In conclusion the ArcSaber is a great racket for an aggressive player, the speed and power of it is exhilarating and the depth of percussion on shots is great. I would rate this racket a 9/10, lacking only in certain aspects defense and the price is quite steep at $240 US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paragon- what string and tension are you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im using BG 65 atm, but i am ganna string it with BG 80 once regionals start, and it gets a bit warmer. As for string tension, its currently 22 lb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im planning to buy wether Z Slash or N90 Woods.Maybe I will buy Z Slash since I already have AT700(which is much better then N90 Woods).At first Im only interested to buy N90 Woods,but after watching more Taufik video,I decided to buy Z Slash hehe.Futhermore,I never have Arcsaber Series before.Ill give my review when I get it ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    Im planning to buy wether Z Slash or N90 Woods.Maybe I will buy Z Slash since I already have AT700(which is much better then N90 Woods).At first Im only interested to buy N90 Woods,but after watching more Taufik video,I decided to buy Z Slash hehe.Futhermore,I never have Arcsaber Series before.Ill give my review when I get it ...
    I have the Z slash and I don't use much as it is very difficult to use.

I have tried the N90 and I feel it is certainly one of the best racquet that I have ever use and that's why I will be getting one soon !

Specs wise, I actually think the Arc 8DX might be a better choice than the Z Slash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Z slash is only hard to get accustomed to it because of its small sweet spot and the quick head speed, once you get the timing down, the racket is a beast. Many give up on it because of the degree of difficulty of using it. I would suggest finding a local dealer that will allow you to demo the rackets or simply borrowing a racket form a fellow club member or friend and see how its feels. Our choice in rackets is as divers as we are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asen8888 View Post
    Huh, finally... Thank's God, Yonex is replacing my broken Z Slash, getting the new one next week... Anyone who wanna buy Z Slash AU 3u G4 in Melbourne, Australia. Please PM me, cause I don't want to use Z S anymore.
    How was that happen!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post

I have tried the N90 and I feel it is certainly one of the best racquet that I have ever use and that's why I will be getting one soon !

Specs wise, I actually think the Arc 8DX might be a better choice than the Z Slash.
    Do you compare N90 Woods with AT700 before?Can give some review of comparison ... Both have the same specs ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give comparison review of AT700 and N90 Woods?Both have same specs ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    Can you give comparison review of AT700 and N90 Woods?Both have same specs ..
    I don't have the AT700 but the AT700 limited and my N90 is only arriving this weekend.

I can probably give a quick review next week after I have back to back testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have the AT700 but the AT700 limited and my N90 is only arriving this weekend.

I can probably give a quick review next week after I have back to back testing.
    Bro mind if you bring the N90 the next time we meet. Wanna compare the raw power to TC700

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isben View Post
    Bro mind if you bring the N90 the next time we meet. Wanna compare the raw power to TC700
    I will bring semtex and c4 if you want explosive power

I think raw power maybe TC700 has slight edge, but the thing about the N90 is the feel of the racquet, it really really feels good !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boss how many exotic rackets do you have? I would have to work pretty hard to catch up with your collection.