Customized rackets.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Simeon, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    I like to hear what kind of modifications you have made to your racket. Even if the experiment did not last long.

For example. From my table-tennis background I know that the handle can be shaped in various ways. Does anybody do this to badminton rackets?

Have nice day! -Simeon

2. Alom

Alom Regular Member

Yeah some basic mods are adding lead tape to change balance of racket. Add lead tape under grip to make it head light or add lead tape to head to make it head heavy.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Also, add over grip or use towel grip. Shave the handle down. Add lead tape on the frame. Add big ball at the butt of the handle. Basically, everything you can do in Tennis, you can do it here except in smaller scale.

4. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Isn't the length of the racquet a constant written into the rules of badminton? If my memory servers me correct, then max length is 675mm. So you can't add ball(s) :p

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

680mm actually.

6. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

dont literally add a ball to the end of the racket, just means beefing up the butt cap to provide a better sense of security when swinging the racket. some people shape the end into something similar to a guard from a sword, while others shape it into a ball. of course, this changes the balance of the racket somewhat.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I am glad some people see the joke in my post. Anyway, The max racquet length is 680mm as jhirata mentioned. However, the "regular" length for Cab is used to be 165mm while newer ISO racquets are at 175mm.