Outdoor setup

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by koushikks, Jul 27, 2009.

1. koushikks

koushikks New Member

Is here a good outdoor net / post setup that I could buy online (shipping to USA) and setup in my back yard? If would be great if I can convert that to indoor to if possible in the future.

I have racquets and shuttles that I brought back but need to find a good online store for re-order. Any recommenditions?

Thanks,
    KK

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi KK,

The major issue with out door set that can be used indoor is the anchoring method.
    1) You need to stake the posts in the grass ground while you need a stand for the indoor.
    2) You will have to anchor the 4 spikes in the grass and tie the wires to the post to hold it straight. While you need to secure 4 eye bolts so you can secure the posts.
    3) Yonex USA actually has a design for the posts you want. However, you will need to use send bags or 50 lb of end weight to keep the net tension. They are being used in Chicago Park district.
    4) What level of the racquets and shuttles are you looking for? May be you can check out these at www.cybadminton.com

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer