User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: teenager temper

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Be focused on the whole game/match, and not on just one point or rally

Quote Originally Posted by Mads "U" View Post

That kind of temper comes from within the player.
    Frankly - as a coach - if I can't detect the temper inside a player, he/she is not of any interest to me.

The temper only has to be harnessed through "culture".
    Harnessed "bad temper" becomes passion. You need passion to excel.
    A player without passion or temper will never be able to fulfill his or her full potential.

So personally I would rather have players who from time to time "loose it", than players who look like they don't care if they win or lose.

As a coach myself, and through my observations, players who "loose it" will more often than not, loose their match(es). Players who "loose it" would loose focus on how to tactically defeat their opponents.

Like some have said... Be focused on the whole game/match, and not on just one point or rally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup pretty tru chris.

1 criticism from me though.

loose = She lets her dog run loose.
    lose = He will lose the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im only 16 and still playing u19's so i think i count as a teenager, during this one game against a opposing state the guy was really weak at the net so i just rallied him as i usually do,(smashing is dumb )anyway i kept playing the net and slow drops and reverse slicing and he got so pissed off it was kinda funny for me and my team mates but it was getting so annoying that i couldnt stand it anymore so i gave the guy a dirty look and spoke to the umpire, problem solved haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, all you have to do is realise how crap you are compared to Lin Dan and then you won't care about the 5th smash you've hit into the net...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkyboy View Post
    well im only 16 and still playing u19's so i think i count as a teenager, during this one game against a opposing state the guy was really weak at the net so i just rallied him as i usually do,(smashing is dumb )anyway i kept playing the net and slow drops and reverse slicing and he got so pissed off it was kinda funny for me and my team mates but it was getting so annoying that i couldnt stand it anymore so i gave the guy a dirty look and spoke to the umpire, problem solved haha
    Bro, i understand that you are good and stuff. However, it is irrvelant to the trend.
    So what if u are good and he is weak, u are playing in the NZ. It is a country which badminton is not a major sport. Try playing in china or something. Maybe it is the other way round...
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passiontea View Post
    Bro, i understand that you are good and stuff. However, it is irrvelant to the trend.
    So what if u are good and he is weak, u are playing in the NZ. It is a country which badminton is not a major sport. Try playing in china or something. Maybe it is the other way round...
    Cheers.
    nono i meant the way he got really pissed off is annoying, he was going really mad like throwing his racket after every point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, then if what you say is true, my apologies. Some players tends to do this is because they may have train really hard over over those few months/years and their expectation/confidence may be sky-high, thus when they make mistakes when they shouldn't be, they get frustrated and stuff. From darkyboy's opponet, if he is a noob, thn u should hammer him and not play with them already. Just hammer him 21-0 21-0 to show that you come to a competition and u meant business and not just play anyhow kind of badminton. I hate those kind. =x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG

Kwun ... are you talking about me????

I was really off that time. I forgot to take my medicine. I lacked sleep. And it's mostly a case of raging hormones. You know how it is with us teenagers. I just wanted to win so badly. Waaaahhhhh

Kidding aside, there are just days that are not good for me. I've probably thrown (not whacked ... most likely let my racket fall on the floor intentionally) my racket only twice in my years of badminton experience. A friend commented that I usually play with a blank expression. But sometimes, frustration could really get into you and even the calmest of persons.

My point is, I think it's not the case of being a teenager, as I also play with a lot of teens (of my age ). Most of them are calm, even more focused than I.

Like the rest said, frustration could happen to anyone. And there are a lot of factors why this occur. It could be the physical condition, emotional condition, time of the month (for women), stress, individual attitude, etc.

But if that kid gets too much abusive and is obviously a spoiled brat, I'll send Jo Frost to discipline him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to add my 2 cents:
    when i was at this age (12-13)
    i was playing really poorly because of mental stupidity, (i was thinking only about playing and not training)
    i whacked my racket every time i mistaken.
    after i broke the racket (it was Victor Explorer 502 i think) in the time of tournament
    my father told my one thing that i will always remember "I will buy you only 1 racket to brake, the next racket will be your next buy, you don't know how to appreciate stuff that comes out of non-your's money"
    from that day i buy racket to myself, and NEVER throw it or hit something with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha, nice one dorysan. The truth is that whenever i see a racket get broken on purpose, i will ask myself if the player himself treat the game seriously. A racket is like to me, a precious thing that if the racket or any racket that is broken, i will feel sad. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got new rackets (apacs edgesaber10)
    i should go to put some polish on them for long life... (just kidding)
    only the look of an bracken racket trembles me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OUCH! what kind of idiotic players are those.
    =x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passiontea View Post
    OUCH! what kind of idiotic players are those.
    =x
    the most idiotic players are the rich boys
    i got 1 in the club
    always buying like 5 AT900T
    he treats them like crap
    (all my rackets cost=3/4 AT900T)
    he can brake 2 in week just from the whacks at the floor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHa, what kind of retard. ask him to go and die la.
    I got a friend, he got like 5-6 racket. i dont know what for sia... hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i got 2 fake yonex's so with them i got 5 racket too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.. he cracked his racket???? XD

i get upset but my broken rackets come from mishaps and real baaaad luck... (ie. i broke an AT900tech just rimming the shuttle on a smash)

usually if im showing that im mad or ne thing it's minute and it's just that i'm trying to get myself more focused/etc.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know a teenage girl who is an absolute *****. she thinks she's really good just because she is in the state team. in fact, she would get trashed if she were anywhere in Asia.

and gosh, not to mention her temper. she won't talk to you on court at all, she acts like she knows it all, she won't look at you or even thank you and the opponents after a game (and especially not when she loses the game). she'll mumble words if you make mistakes.

must be the raging hormones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast