User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: teenager temper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    i know a teenage girl who is an absolute *****. she thinks she's really good just because she is in the state team. in fact, she would get trashed if she were anywhere in Asia.

and gosh, not to mention her temper. she won't talk to you on court at all, she acts like she knows it all, she won't look at you or even thank you and the opponents after a game (and especially not when she loses the game). she'll mumble words if you make mistakes.

must be the raging hormones.
    Oh, which country she is from? She must be really those haughty person. Egotic person suppose?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passiontea View Post
    Oh, which country she is from? She must be really those haughty person. Egotic person suppose?
    ethnic Chinese born in Australia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but is she really that good?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passiontea View Post
    but is she really that good?
    no, of course not. we all agree, in our group, that she is not as good as she thinks she is. we've all seen much better players (who are also much nicer). just because she's in the state team doesn't mean she has bragging rights, does it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I have to agree with Kwun. Although I havent really played at alot of competitive gyms that alot of aduts use for badminton, usually the teenagers are worse..
    (Me being one myself. :O ) Usually I dont get too mad about loosing, before I use to get mad if I was playing doubles and my partner was really sucking, and missing simple shots so I moved to singles although I enjoy playing doubles more. If I play against a opponet I feel I should beat and make ALot of simple mistakes then I can get fairly angry, but the worst I've done is hit my racquet against the ground and curse once or twice. (ya i know not evne bad right.. lol ) Although, when my two friends played for a spot on our Badminton team score was 15-14 and my one friend(like 6'2 big tall guy) thought it was only 14-14 and when he lost the next point and my other friend said good game 16-14 he raged saying that it was only 15-14, while like 5-6 of us were watching and all agreed that it was 16-14. Took his racquet(a school racquet lol.) and smashed it against the net pole, then decided to throw the racquet at the wall a few times swear and mumble to himself and walk out of the gym.

But it was funny..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's only teens that anger issues;

I've seen a middle aged man about in his 40s get pissed off over a short serve return that was really deceptive. And he got pissed because he couldn't cover the shot. He threw his racket in the middle of the game, broke it in half and started cursing to himself. It wasn't the only shot that got him angry, he was losing the game as well, so it got him over the edge.

There are just people are there that do not know how to deal with losing or deal with themselves. It's very immature and I usually try to ignore playing with those kinds of people because there is no fun if someone has to take the badminton game into a personal issue.

I expect teens to learn from every mistake they make and try to improve their game instead of throwing a tantrum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    i know a teenage girl who is an absolute *****. she thinks she's really good just because she is in the state team. in fact, she would get trashed if she were anywhere in Asia.

and gosh, not to mention her temper. she won't talk to you on court at all, she acts like she knows it all, she won't look at you or even thank you and the opponents after a game (and especially not when she loses the game). she'll mumble words if you make mistakes.

must be the raging hormones.
    Best solution to this is a flying elbow into the ovaries. Solves the problem every time. Now if they only made the assault charges less vicious...

I agree that maturity is not proportional to age although in real life, it's really hard to tell because most adults cover any blatant weakness well. Not so on the internet... anonymity+ego+rage=funny chat logs. Really prevalent in gamers. Some of the older gamers, 25+ whine like little girls. Yet they don't in real life because....dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps a clear distinction has to be drawn between the different types of temper. I sometimes, after making one too many simple mistakes, will shout at myself - just to psyche myself up.

I think anger and temper, directed at your own self can be a good thing, provided you know how to use it to calm and collect yourself together. I do not condone directing them at your partner though.

Justin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think temper at myself helps me. It makes me play worse. If anything, I direct my temper towards my opponent, but don't actually show it. What I mean is, on court, they'll see me as fairly calm. While inside, I'm really raging and lusting to tear off their heads. Works wonders for me because it makes me want to win. It's ok I think because I don't actually show it openly on court. And once I'm off the court, shake their hands, I'm all for a good time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi im new to these forums, but relating to the topic, I have someone in my class who also has a attitude problem. She wont move (we are playing doubles) she stands way too far away from the middle spots so the opponents usually get the point and when anyone tells her otherwise she says "I'm trying" even though she is clearly not. I dont mean to be rude to her but geez people like that suck all the fun out of badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kirby3 View Post
    Hi im new to these forums, but relating to the topic, I have someone in my class who also has a attitude problem. She wont move (we are playing doubles) she stands way too far away from the middle spots so the opponents usually get the point and when anyone tells her otherwise she says "I'm trying" even though she is clearly not. I dont mean to be rude to her but geez people like that suck all the fun out of badminton.
    sounds like u guys are beginner/low-intermediate level

instead of telling her to cover mid more, etc. during the game... try taking time aside to help her improve her position on court b4 u play games. Be more than just another person telling her she's doing something "wrong" and be a motivator. It is toughest to learn anything when a person is frustrated at themselves and/or their peers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton Rackets Cost A Lot Wtf!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some players just need time to develop their court awareness. Maybe she was caught up with the shuttle and forgot about her position. It happens all the time. You could either communicate with her more during the rallies and try to win with her or find another partner. If this is just fun and games, cut your losses and find someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75 View Post
    Some players just need time to develop their court awareness. Maybe she was caught up with the shuttle and forgot about her position. It happens all the time. You could either communicate with her more during the rallies and try to win with her or find another partner. If this is just fun and games, cut your losses and find someone else.
    Just like me, when i just started, i didn't know know how to play doubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farrrrrr outtt!!! Some crazy people out there.
    Badminton rackets cost alot!!! I'd cry if I break mine. I wouldn't even throw my "Tantrum" 200 let alone whack it. If I absolutely have to whack it, I'll whack it on the person I hate the most xD. And since I'm so poor I work for the money myself, people who never have to work for their money I don't give a $hit about them. So avoid them as well if you can, go find and make some good friends for yourself.

And I wish I am those rich American kids, but without their temper. Usually rich kids have everything they want but don't appreciate it one bit. I'd roundhouse kick them in the face and quote Chuck Norris: "Men are like steel, when they lose their temper, they lose their worth!" Hahaha

And I also belive a person show their true colour on the court in the heat of the game, and it proves their quality. If a person is usually raging in a game, you can't expect them to act differently off-court. Really.

My 0.2c aka Worthless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinwyyau View Post
    Perhaps a clear distinction has to be drawn between the different types of temper. I sometimes, after making one too many simple mistakes, will shout at myself - just to psyche myself up.

I think anger and temper, directed at your own self can be a good thing, provided you know how to use it to calm and collect yourself together. I do not condone directing them at your partner though.

Justin
    Agreed,
    Sometimes giving yourself a little psyche up will help you, but I think that when someone gets angry because they made a mistake, it will make the game really un-enjoyable for themselves subsequently defeating whole point of the game.
    I generally find that the people who don't get angry, but instead take it as a learning experience are the people who improve much faster.
    (and when I say that I mean "pissed off" anger, not "psyching up" anger)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a day off and think why you played bad that thing will probably help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast