Black Knight magnum 40

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by decoy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I have been looking everywhere for a review on this racquette and the closest I came was random info on the Black Knight website. I play both singles and doubles but I don't play doubles competitively. (not at a competitive level either way i just don't care about double much). I was leaning towards either a magnum 40 or a nanospeed 800 because I have a fairly low budget and I don't wanna pay an extra 100$ just cause it's yonex.:p
    If anyone could write a review on the magnum that would be much appreciated.

2. aznpride1212

aznpride1212 New Member

I have a black knight magnum 40 xl that i have been using for 2 months. It's a really flashy racquet that has a huge sweet spot which has a string area of 380 cm2. It is a 4u racquet weighing around 85 grams. It is even balanced which is made for all around play, and it gives a lot of power and control. Smashes and clears are effortless and powerful, and play at the net is very smooth. The factory grip that comes with the racquets is very tacky and durable. The extra length can help angle the shot more and it gives more extra and power. Overall, i think this racquet is really worth your money, and it is good for intermediate players.

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

thanks very much

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Does anyone know what kind of flex they would consider this on a scale of 1-10. 10 being insanely stiff 5 being medium stiff and 1 being it bends around your arm.

5. aznpride1212

aznpride1212 New Member

It's around 7 to 8