User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: armpit injury?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default armpit injury?

    well, i'm not really in one of those field that study human body parts so i have no idea how do i call it.
    let's say i raise up my arm, just straight up.
    and the pain is about (this is alittle bit disgusting to describe but here goes)
    ok right at the armpit, but just slightly goes outside (toward the back)

    oh or I can describe like this.
    raise my arm up again, it is exactly under/below the tri-cep muscle. The muscle is not hurt, but the pain is kinda deep inside. It's like the source of the pain is from a vein?, I don't know when i touch it its feel like a big robe.

    Well the pain occur whenever i raise my tri-cep higher than my shoulder height, another the word to say is if the armpit over wider than 90 degree the pain kicks in. This happen for like 2 days already, I've try to massage (yea by myself, I know that's probably not gonna work but no other choice) it with one of those vietnamese green oil that kinda like one of those chinese herbie-wine stuffs that suppose to works for pain.

    ANYONE KNOWS IF IT IS JUST A MINOR PROBLEM THAT WILL GOES AWAY? OR A WAY TO CURE IT IN A SHORT TIME OR LONG TIME I DON'T CARE, I'M ABOUT TO PUT BADMINTON AWAY FOR A LONG TIME AGAINNNNN

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Campbell, California, United S
    Posts
    496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    uhhh 2 days isnt anything leave it for about a weak or 2 then worry

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    every helpful information thank you.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NZ/CHN
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sounds like you dont strch :P

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea i don't =)
    I dont' know if it's because of I dont' stretch, or is it i was trying to smash as a different technique to see if it's better than my old way. Or so called find a different way to get the bird go faster.
    My smashes now are not bad, not super fast but has angle.
    But yea was just trying to find another way. I guess it could be the problem too.
    So anyway, I'll stretch from now on.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like the muscle your talking about is your latissimus dorsi or commonly known as "lats". Most likely just a muscle strain due to incorrect technique.
    Rest it. Ice it for 15 minutes twice a day. And rest for a week or so. You should be fine. If the pain comes back straight away when you play then see a doctor.

    But from what your saying it doesnt seem to be too serious.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea today, it seem like it's okay, i've rest for 5 days straight without badminton. Man it's killing me for watching my friends play. Well i had a choice to not come, but i like to be out of the house than stayin at home doing nothing.
    I went there to watch my friends play with this pair. One of them is my old partner and the other one is his friend. I tried to find out a way to help my friends train to beat them. But seem like I can't, their shots are just inconsistent can't help that.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Campbell, California, United S
    Posts
    496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    yea today, it seem like it's okay, i've rest for 5 days straight without badminton. Man it's killing me for watching my friends play. Well i had a choice to not come, but i like to be out of the house than stayin at home doing nothing.
    I went there to watch my friends play with this pair. One of them is my old partner and the other one is his friend. I tried to find out a way to help my friends train to beat them. But seem like I can't, their shots are just inconsistent can't help that.
    yea man see just rest. I kept playing for 3 months after i hurt my shoulder hoping it would go away resting sometimes for about a week or 2 but it would always come back. Finally i went to the doctor. I wasnt allowed to play for 3 months... now that sucked. But it finally healed so i was happy.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea you're right canti, it does takes long. I just played today, and no the pain didn't go away completely, now it reappears =( this suck real bad. So yea I guess i'll have to stop playing badminton and move to billiard for a month or so. (my 2nd favor sport =))
    Sad news really. =(

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    yea you're right canti, it does takes long. I just played today, and no the pain didn't go away completely, now it reappears =( this suck real bad. So yea I guess i'll have to stop playing badminton and move to billiard for a month or so. (my 2nd favor sport =))
    Sad news really. =(
    It may not be due to a muscle problem. Muscles can ache and have pains during play due to a number of things including the most common thing of incorrect technique.

    Get a more advanced player or coach to watch you and see how your technique is. If theres pain and your technique is fine then theres a muscle problem. Otherwise you may find a quickfix.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've played for I don't know a long time. I've been using the same technique to clear and drop for like all the time.
    And i don't see any reason how can a wrong technique of clear can hurt my arm or shoulder or anything. It doesn't take that much of power to clear a bird. And yes trust me, i'm not that stupid to play all out when I know the pain is not completely gone. The last time i played, the time period was 1 hr 30 min. The total min of me hitting the bird, not more than 15 min. And more than 50 percent of that 15 is drop shots, and the rest is clear. So you tell me. Is it even possible it's because of my clearing technique and drop technique hurted me?

    I did admit that I might using the wrong technique in the beginning, the first time ever that the pain occur. But that was because I really tried to find another ways to smash. Like I said my smashes are at the decent speed already, but I was hoping to find another way to make it faster.

    again please don't treat me like an idiot geess.
    Thank you for your concern, but actually please try to understand the situation first. You Quoted my whole comment but you didn't read them. So maybe it will help if you actually read them, don't just try to make other feel bad. because seriously base on what you wrote, you were just completely want to make me feel like I don't know nothing about badminton.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    I've played for I don't know a long time. I've been using the same technique to clear and drop for like all the time.
    And i don't see any reason how can a wrong technique of clear can hurt my arm or shoulder or anything. It doesn't take that much of power to clear a bird. And yes trust me, i'm not that stupid to play all out when I know the pain is not completely gone. The last time i played, the time period was 1 hr 30 min. The total min of me hitting the bird, not more than 15 min. And more than 50 percent of that 15 is drop shots, and the rest is clear. So you tell me. Is it even possible it's because of my clearing technique and drop technique hurted me?

    I did admit that I might using the wrong technique in the beginning, the first time ever that the pain occur. But that was because I really tried to find another ways to smash. Like I said my smashes are at the decent speed already, but I was hoping to find another way to make it faster.

    again please don't treat me like an idiot geess.
    Thank you for your concern, but actually please try to understand the situation first. You Quoted my whole comment but you didn't read them. So maybe it will help if you actually read them, don't just try to make other feel bad. because seriously base on what you wrote, you were just completely want to make me feel like I don't know nothing about badminton.
    wow your even more arrogant than i thought. No i didnt think your an idiot and i still dont but your ignorance is heading you in the correct direction for me to not bother helping you anymore.

    As iv told many people iv coached before. ~ Just because you think what your doing is correct or has been correct for a period of time does not mean it is. Just because its taken this long for an injury to occur does not mean your technique has always been fine. Some people go their entire lives with the incorrect technique of hitting and not have a single injury.

    Im merely opening your mind and eyes up to other possibilities to help you as much as i can. But if you dont want my help thats all good. id rather help someone whos willing to take on positive advice whether it may or may not be relevant to the specific situation.

    In your case you dont know what the actual problem is so there is no specific right or wrong answer. Try not to be so dismissive, aggressive and negative towards everything you dont agree with.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea, in this case there is no right or wrong answer.
    On the FIRST day that i got the injury. There is no right answer or wrong answer of course.
    But on the 2nd day.
    It is CLEARLY, since u're a coach, I think as a coach you should know that you wouldn't let your player to play when they already injured. So carry on, i'm an ignorance a hoe
    So I insist on playing when i'm already injured. Yet ignorant not idiot. So I dont' think I would want to play all my might. And IF your a coach you should know that also, I hope.
    Now here's my problem, the problem is after you read what I said, and you still think that on 2nd day, because of my wrong technique can cause the pain comes back, worse.
    FYI, EVEN with a wrong technique, a clear, and a drop shots wouldn't able to make you injure yourself can you?
    I hope not, because if that's the case then I would see alot of people injure themselves at recreation center. I mean alot.
    Anyway, i'm not saying I don't need advice or anything, but you did make me feel dumb or like an idiot on the other thread, and now over here. So yea i'm pretty sure as a human being I should feel something agaisnt back at you. =)
    no offence, but of course sometime people just miscommunication. You didn't understand me right, I didn't understand you completely.
    Words can be bend I suppose.
    So anyway i'm here to say sorry, If i ever offend you. Koo have fun and good luck

Similar Threads

  1. not really an injury but HEY..
    By ilostmybrain in forum Injuries
    Replies: 10
    : 02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. do i have an injury
    By chiisu in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 3
    : 03-03-2008, 02:48 AM
  3. WCH's Injury
    By tutu_h in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 101
    : 05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
  4. do you know this injury ?
    By MinZen in forum Injuries
    Replies: 1
    : 10-11-2004, 02:25 AM
  5. mcl injury
    By tighri in forum Injuries
    Replies: 3
    : 02-26-2003, 01:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •