Racket - Beginning cracks?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by joker8baller, Jul 30, 2009.

1. joker8baller

joker8baller Regular Member

Last game of the night, a week ago, my partner and I both went for it, technically she should have it, but I went for it as well (Stupid me). We were both going for the clear, and our rackets collided. Tiny chip on the top of my racket, and what looks to be 2 indents in the racket. Should I be worried?

I played a week later, (yesterday), and the power seems to have been cut off dramatically. But improved control, so I'm not sure if it's just me having the sore arm, or if the racket might be broken...

No pics, as I don't have a camera in Hong Kong.. shocker >.>

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I can not see how a cracked racket improve your control, so I think it's mostly mental. If you are really worried, bring it to a reputable stringer, s/he usually should be able to tell after inspection.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

there is probaly nothing wrong mostly mental
    I did that with my old racquet at900t and was worried but there was nothing wrong don't worry and don't think about it

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

what racket is it anyway

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Only on rare occasions I have felt that a racket with a visible crack has been as playable as a unbroken one. (sometimes I have retired rackets broken tath I could not even spot the crack in the paint :) .. but you can feel that it is broken (los of repulsion, power, and loss of "boom" ..)

I have seen many use cracked racket, and when tried their racket I have been puzzled why they play on with it.. Why used a cracked AT700 for example if even an unbroken low end racket would play better?!?!

/Twobeer

6. joker8baller

joker8baller Regular Member

Arc-9.

Yeah, it seems fine, I hope.