User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did one yesterday. I prestretched the string and pre-weave it. Since I don't have fixed clamp on my machine, I have to pull the first cross of the short side and clamp the string from outside the frame then I pull the first cross from the long side and clamp both first string with 2 clamps inside and work the long side all the way up. Pretty smooth operation, 21 lbs main and cross. The finished shape surprisingly looks like the un-strung frame. I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coachgary View Post
    The other thing to note I think is that those who have swivel clamps will need a couple of flying clamps as well. Cos you'll end up with two string tensioned at the same side in transition from mains to crosses.

How much extra would you need for the long side main to finish the 16 crosses compared to the 6 on the short side?
    You pull one at a time, for those machines have fixed clamps you simply pull the first cross of the short side and release the fixed clamp from the main and clamp the first cross and vise versa. I guess I will buy couple more flying clamps in order to do a better job.
    By the way, for the short side I need 6 1/4 racket length to complete (a loop left @ L1 & L2 for pulling)
    I don't understand why sihker has to refer this one as "Luxis" ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering what's "Haribito". Found the answer here:
    http://www.gosen.jp/eng/racket/haribito/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I did not refer to Gosen stringing method as "Luxis". Somebody mentioned, that somebody from place "Luxis" starts even from the middle. I was trying to get a schema for that method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow....I never expected over 20 replies from this thread....Haha~

But from my neural database, there seems to be two kinds of Haribito String Method. One is Japan Reversed Stringing Method (Japan Haribito String Method), and the other one is American True-side Stringing Method (American Haribito String Method).

@ilovedude - Is that picture you provided includes both Haribito strining methods?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

just to clarify:

Haribito/Gosen pattern is: one piece/two knots. mains center out, cross 2/3 down out.

Luxis pattern is: two piece/four knots. mains center out, cross center out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe they also propose to tight the knots on the cross rather than the main too, and it is acceptable even to tight the knots @ where the main share with the cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemcat View Post
    Wow....I never expected over 20 replies from this thread....Haha~

But from my neural database, there seems to be two kinds of Haribito String Method. One is Japan Reversed Stringing Method (Japan Haribito String Method), and the other one is American True-side Stringing Method (American Haribito String Method).

@ilovedude - Is that picture you provided includes both Haribito strining methods?
    They simply try to make it as unique as they could. To start with the instruction they even specify which way to face down on the machine(the logo on the endcap). They used to string the long side up 7 crosses, then 3 cross with the side up, then finish the long side up all the way & then wrap up the short side down. To me it is more of a concept on how to do it rather to copy it line by line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Interesting. My Japanese was a little rough. Took me 2 min of reading to figure out the stringing pattern. 1) it is not the traditional main 11 then main 10 as YY suggested. It is doing main 10 then main 11. 2) after tensioning all the mains, it start from middle and 1 side up and 1 side down.
    My question to ilovedude is did you tried it and find any difference? I prefer not to take other's word at it's face value. Also, thank you because I just learned something new today.
    it sure sounds like what i've been doing since day 2 of my stringing career. Day 1 was a learning by cold turkey doing the traditional 2 piece jobby but didn't like it. I didn't know it had a name for this pattern. I wonder who did it first?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    it sure sounds like what i've been doing since day 2 of my stringing career. Day 1 was a learning by cold turkey doing the traditional 2 piece jobby but didn't like it. I didn't know it had a name for this pattern. I wonder who did it first?
    it doesn't matter. if you did it on your own and never tell anybody, it is effectively you didn't do it.

they did it and they let the world know and now it will forever be named after them. you didn't even let BC ppl know and now you claim you did it before, who will believe you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you do a three peice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know the measurements for where to start? unless starting from the middle is sufficient to cover all the top crosses..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it doesn't matter. if you did it on your own and never tell anybody, it is effectively you didn't do it.

they did it and they let the world know and now it will forever be named after them. you didn't even let BC ppl know and now you claim you did it before, who will believe you?
    no worry, i'm sure there were many more have done the same way before Haribito as well. It is not my only method. I have about 5 or more other ways to go about a racket, depending on each situation. It is not a cookie cutter methodology. There isn't 1 best method for all situation.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

here is an article describing yonex, haribito and "vicman" patterns. unfortunately it is in Chinese:

http://www.yoger.com.cn/infos/4191.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"vicman" is the mis-spell of Victor and this article is widely copied and pasted ALL through every Chinese badminton web-site and you couldn't even find out who wrote it. They quoted a guy named Sam Chan an UK based popular stringer that adding any additional tension to the cross is totally optional as far as if the shape of the frame is not distorted. After all I guess interested party should try every single method and end of the day simply stick to his own preference, period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, from reading the Yoger article, VICMAN is the combination of HARIBITO and Victor's stringing method, which would decrease the transformation of the frame as much as possible. From the instructions, it seems very easy to follow.....just I dont understand the terms....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Good striging method. Starting the cross close to the middle definitely help in mantaining the racket shape.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by BadFever; 08-10-2009 at 07:35 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast