User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it is also interesting to note that the racket frame is not symmetrical vertically.

it makes sense to string the mains center out as the racket frame is symmetrical horizontally. this will ensure that the response on both side will be symmetrical.

with an non-symmetrical shape vertically, it doesn't make total sense to start right bang from the center. but it also makes little sense to start from the very end either. the optimal point should be somewhere in between.

so maybe Haribito do make sense afterall.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it is also interesting to note that the racket frame is not symmetrical vertically.

it makes sense to string the mains center out as the racket frame is symmetrical horizontally. this will ensure that the response on both side will be symmetrical.

with an non-symmetrical shape vertically, it doesn't make total sense to start right bang from the center. but it also makes little sense to start from the very end either. the optimal point should be somewhere in between.

so maybe Haribito do make sense afterall.
    I second that. Will try to string it on a racquet by this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unless someone can figure a way to make the top cross tie off as tight as starting the cross from the top, I will just start with 2PTD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete,

Isn't it if starting cross from the top then it is not Haribito or Gosen method?
    The main idea in this stringing method is the cross start from center and outward, so changing it to start from top bottom then isn't it back to square one again? or I got wrong idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was only referring to the only pitfall of tying off the cross at the top and that is the top part of the string bed will go soft.

Quote Originally Posted by ae86trueno View Post
    Hi Pete,

Isn't it if starting cross from the top then it is not Haribito or Gosen method?
    The main idea in this stringing method is the cross start from center and outward, so changing it to start from top bottom then isn't it back to square one again? or I got wrong idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    I was only referring to the only pitfall of tying off the cross at the top and that is the top part of the string bed will go soft.
    ah okay, sorry for misunderstood. By the way 2PTD = 2 Piece stringing (4 knot) top to bottom right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2PTD= 2 piece top down. yes 4 knot, and starting top down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks illusionistpro for confirming.
    I'm actually start thinking about this as well, and I'm trying to find any solution to this.
    Finishing tie will tend to be lower in tension compare to the rest. I use to think 2 piece is better for holding tension since each part is shorter compare to 1 piece stringing. also with 2 piece stringing, 10% increase or 1lbs increase in cross will stay on cross instead of averaging out with the main on the corner.. I post my thought here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...79&postcount=4
    But now I start to think again, with 2 piece, it mean there will be 3 finishing tie off = 3 lower tension part (2 from each side of main and 1 from cross). where 1 piece will only have 2 finishing tie off with lower tension (1 only if the main done from 1 side to the other side) so now I'm kinda unsure which is better for holding tension, 2 piece with 3 weaker tie off or 1 piece with 2 weaker tie off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I strung a Victor racquet based on the Haribto pattern about 2 month ago. I got it back when the owner broke the string this weekend. His thought was, the sweet spot has changed a little. Feel bigger on the top and smaller lower. (this might be good because most people smash little higher on the string bed.) Control and gripping is about the same as current YY standard pattern. When I took out the string, the grommet at throat 12 was close to complete cut through. Does any other user/stringer experience the same thing? If so, I would say this is the only draw back because the string turn nearly 300 degree and grommet damage might happen more often.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Unless someone can figure a way to make the top cross tie off as tight as starting the cross from the top, I will just start with 2PTD.
    TD = 2 Piece Top Down, 4-Knot (has to be on all rackets with 22 mains (99%), assuming common convention pre-stringing).

BU = Bottom Up (can be either 2 or 4 knot-not much difference)

BU cannot be tighter than TD, it's physics. That's why Panda always does TD. It always give the most taut string bed. The only detriment to TD is, because it strings tighter, string breaks faster too.

TD superiority may not be readily apparent immediately after the initial stringing but after one week, you'll see and hear a significant difference vs BU. The TD version will always be tighter and more crisp and lose less tension than the BU string job.

If someone actually calculated the string tension loss during tie-offs, Panda bets it would be rather shocking, at least 5lbs. even if you go 3lbs. higher on the last two strings, no matter how hard to pull on the tie-offs. When you tie-off, you just lose, it's nature. And if you don't go higher tension on the last or last two strings, the loss is more like 10lbs. All this, eventually translates to loss on the entire racket string bed.

So it's better to lose at the bottom of the frame where you don't hit, than the top.
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 11-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ray_mond View Post
    I have to admit though, after nearly a year and a half, the cab 8 strings still perform better than ever, barely any tension lost.
    Are you saying you used the same strings for 18 months

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    OK, I strung a Victor racquet based on the Haribto pattern about 2 month ago. I got it back when the owner broke the string this weekend. His thought was, the sweet spot has changed a little. Feel bigger on the top and smaller lower. (this might be good because most people smash little higher on the string bed.) Control and gripping is about the same as current YY standard pattern. When I took out the string, the grommet at throat 12 was close to complete cut through. Does any other user/stringer experience the same thing? If so, I would say this is the only draw back because the string turn nearly 300 degree and grommet damage might happen more often.
    I have strung and played all my rackets using this method for months.
    1) Sweet spot has definitely moved higher. Not sure what you meant by lower sweet spot being smaller as I always thought there is only one sweet spot. However, I find the net drop shot a bit harder to execute due to the move in the sweet spot, but I think this is just a matter of getting use to.
    2) I don't have any problem with the B12 grommet, on all my YY, Prince, SOTX and Apacs rackets. I string up to 32lbs.
    Overall, I am happy with this way of stringing. It's easier to do on my crappy dropweight machine whilst maintaining the original shape of the racket frame.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever View Post
    I have strung and played all my rackets using this method for months.
    1) Sweet spot has definitely moved higher. Not sure what you meant by lower sweet spot being smaller as I always thought there is only one sweet spot. However, I find the net drop shot a bit harder to execute due to the move in the sweet spot, but I think this is just a matter of getting use to.
    2) I don't have any problem with the B12 grommet, on all my YY, Prince, SOTX and Apacs rackets. I string up to 32lbs.
    Overall, I am happy with this way of stringing. It's easier to do on my crappy dropweight machine whilst maintaining the original shape of the racket frame.
    1) The sweet spot on a YY racquet pattern usually extend down to about throat 10 @ 21x23lb. (most of people do not hit that low anyway) Also, with Haribito pattern, it is also about throat 10 @21x23lb. But the lower part is not as wide. This is done by pinging string bed with a small golf ball over the entire string bed, over 2 same model racquet at same tension but 2 different pattern.
    2) I am may be it is a Victor racquet and gromet is bad? Not 100% sure.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete,

Going top to bottom would be the "around the world" stringing pattern

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks illusionistpro for confirming.
    I'm actually start thinking about this as well, and I'm trying to find any solution to this.
    Finishing tie will tend to be lower in tension compare to the rest. I use to think 2 piece is better for holding tension since each part is shorter compare to 1 piece stringing. also with 2 piece stringing, 10% increase or 1lbs increase in cross will stay on cross instead of averaging out with the main on the corner.. I post my thought here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...79&postcount=4
    But now I start to think again, with 2 piece, it mean there will be 3 finishing tie off = 3 lower tension part (2 from each side of main and 1 from cross). where 1 piece will only have 2 finishing tie off with lower tension (1 only if the main done from 1 side to the other side) so now I'm kinda unsure which is better for holding tension, 2 piece with 3 weaker tie off or 1 piece with 2 weaker tie off.
    Stringing less than 30 lbs you shouldnt have too much tension loss compared if you were doing 50+ lbs on a tennis racket. Badminton rackets should be strung 2 pc. will have a better feel and hold tension better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kakinami View Post
    Going top to bottom would be the "around the world" stringing pattern
    Isnt around the world (atw [and its variations]), where you do all the crosses except one on top and bottom, then all the mains except one on each side and you finish by doing those and going "around the world?"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    Isnt around the world (atw [and its variations]), where you do all the crosses except one on top and bottom, then all the mains except one on each side and you finish by doing those and going "around the world?"
    Your short side would finish at main #10 and could finish crosses upwards, sorry I dont have a racket in front of me. #11 cross on the long side could go 1 cross and up #11 main and then finish top to bottom. If you count from top to where your cross is going to be at the bottom, if it is even # then you weave soft (Same, top cross is over bottom cross is over) if it is odd then you weave hard (top cross over, bottom cross under) do it all the time for tennis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast