User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

illutionistpro and kakinami,

...upon reading illutionistpro's post and ak's reply...may i therefore ask if?

isn't it safe to say that yy carbonex (but not all) and yy tennis racquets are the only racquets than can be truly strung with 'around the world' method?

cheers,
    MetalOrange

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOrange View Post
    illutionistpro and kakinami,

...upon reading illutionistpro's post and ak's reply...may i therefore ask if?

isn't it safe to say that yy carbonex (but not all) and yy tennis racquets are the only racquets than can be truly strung with 'around the world' method?

cheers,
    MetalOrange
    Dear MetalOrange,
    1) Why are we looking into "Around the World" method for badminton other than just a academic curiosity to know if it can be done? Yes we do it for tennis because I can reuse good condition natural gut string. Is it worth it to take out the string from a badminton racquet and reuse it?
    2) I think and believe that if you think hard enough, you can figure out a pattern to do a 2 pieces "Around the World" for badminton racquet. However, will it plays close to the regular pattern or Haribito pattern? I don't think so.
    3) Have a nice Thanksgiving...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silentheart,

happy thanksgiving to you too.

since illustionistpro ask and ak obliged, i just thought they might wanna expand on the ever famous 'around the world' method.

cheers,
    MetalOrange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye I read into that a while back, and all I got was confusion. If it could be clarified, it'd be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Aye I read into that a while back, and all I got was confusion. If it could be clarified, it'd be nice.
    i second the motion.

cheers,
    MetalOrange

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Dear MetalOrange,
    1) Why are we looking into "Around the World" method for badminton other than just a academic curiosity to know if it can be done? Yes we do it for tennis because I can reuse good condition natural gut string. Is it worth it to take out the string from a badminton racquet and reuse it?
    2) I think and believe that if you think hard enough, you can figure out a pattern to do a 2 pieces "Around the World" for badminton racquet. However, will it plays close to the regular pattern or Haribito pattern? I don't think so.
    3) Have a nice Thanksgiving...
    Why would you reuse gut? How are you gonna tie knots on used string using ATW? ATW is a 1 pc string pattern, whole purpose to use ATW is to tie your cross, so you have even tension loss kinda like that Haribito pattern, for people who like to string top to bottom, which really is not recommended

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just offering an alternatitive to the Haribito pattern since most people like to experiment. Are you still keeping track of everything I post or is it just stuff between me and that other guy? Just wondering
    I hope you dont hit the hatorade like that other guy. Stay cool and don't be a fool!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kakinami View Post
    Why would you reuse gut? How are you gonna tie knots on used string using ATW? ATW is a 1 pc string pattern, whole purpose to use ATW is to tie your cross, so you have even tension loss kinda like that Haribito pattern, for people who like to string top to bottom, which really is not recommended
    I will answer your questions in the other thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just offering an alternatitive to the Haribito pattern since most people like to experiment. Are you still keeping track of everything I post or is it just stuff between me and that other guy? Just wondering
    I hope you dont hit the hatorade like that other guy. Stay cool and don't be a fool!!
    ahhh, hatorade, your kind of technical ammunition for tech talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yikes, lets cool it guys, and lets see if i can straighten things out.

There is no effective atw technique possible on badminton rackets that I know of. An ATW pattern works on a tennis racket because the pattern on those rackets are more square with matching corners, where as on a badminton racket not all the corners line up well. Using such a pattern will cause you to skip a lot of holes, opening the gap for a bad string job.

Some unclear points that are made above I want to clarify
    *Yonex recommends 2 piece bottom up
    *Re-using any string is never recommended (tennis and badminton)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol kakinami, i don't keep track of anything anyone posts, so relax. I don't even remember what you were talking about back then.

When I first looked at this picture, I saw a two piece method, where the crosses started from the bottom, and alternated eg. Left side slack of bottom cross (named A) strings first cross, right side (B) strings next cross, A strings next cross, then B, then A... Etc. Though the biggest problem I see what i read with this is two knots at the top, making for super high tension loss near the sweet spot, increased stress on the racket due to multiple skipped holes. Though if i did that top down, it would eliminate tension loss up top, moving the knots to the bottom, and since the racket is strongest at the bottom, you could easily overcompensate for tension loss from the knots by stringing it at 5 pounds higher or something. I know what I'm describing is not the method as described by this thread, but I want to know what the more experienced stringers think of it.

Or should i just try it on my own?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ATW is a 1 pc string pattern, whole purpose to use ATW is to tie your cross, so you have even tension loss kinda like that Haribito pattern, for people who like to string top to bottom, which really is not recommended
    sir ak,

ATW i pc string pattern...EVEN TENSION LOSS, sounds real good to me specially in tennis cuz i'd cut it out anyways after 10 days play. i feel luxilon losses tension fairly quickly initially, then it holds and then it dies as a poly.

cheers,
    MetalOrange

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol kakinami, i don't keep track of anything anyone posts, so relax. I don't even remember what you were talking about back then.

When I first looked at this picture, I saw a two piece method, where the crosses started from the bottom, and alternated eg. Left side slack of bottom cross (named A) strings first cross, right side (B) strings next cross, A strings next cross, then B, then A... Etc. Though the biggest problem I see what i read with this is two knots at the top, making for super high tension loss near the sweet spot, increased stress on the racket due to multiple skipped holes. Though if i did that top down, it would eliminate tension loss up top, moving the knots to the bottom, and since the racket is strongest at the bottom, you could easily overcompensate for tension loss from the knots by stringing it at 5 pounds higher or something. I know what I'm describing is not the method as described by this thread, but I want to know what the more experienced stringers think of it.

Or should i just try it on my own?
    What pic were you looking at? Post #2?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    yikes, lets cool it guys, and lets see if i can straighten things out.

There is no effective atw technique possible on badminton rackets that I know of. An ATW pattern works on a tennis racket because the pattern on those rackets are more square with matching corners, where as on a badminton racket not all the corners line up well. Using such a pattern will cause you to skip a lot of holes, opening the gap for a bad string job.

Some unclear points that are made above I want to clarify
    *Yonex recommends 2 piece bottom up
    *Re-using any string is never recommended (tennis and badminton)
    I would never recommend it but this is what I would do if I was EXPERIMENTING doing ATW on a MP 99:
    Left side short side, pull enough for 10 Mains and 4 crosses. I would string 10 crosses on short side 11 crosses on long side, finishing my long side with the regular pattern, from main #9 to main #11 back to main #10 and clamp with a freefloating clamp, doing similar pattern on short side except there is no #10 main yet. Short side start crosses at 10H going up to the next hole, and then finishing my crosses upwards. On long side I would start my cross on 9T,I would count down from cross at 10H down to 9T that would be 18 an even number so I will have a soft weave, same. If I wanted to start my cross on 8T then when I count down it would be 19 to 8T so I would do a hard weave or oppisite of 10H cross. I would then finish my last main #10 and then start my crosses at 11H go downwards and since I have a cross at #9 already skip and finish a cross at 8 then tie. All your mains will have even tension and slight tension loss on your last crosses because of your knots. If I was board and had nothing to do I might try it, but that is how I would do the ATW on a badminton racket. My biggest skip would be at the throat doing cross #10 to #8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4