How Can I Do Badminton Hall Business

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by uzair, Aug 1, 2009.

1. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    I want to make a step for my life as an entrepreneur.And of course, I would like to do business about make a badminton court in Melaka since the hype in this state is quite good and badminton court always been booked for weeks!

Can someone that had an experienced about badminton hall business to provide me some tips about this?

2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Hi Uzair.

Starting a badminton hall (or any business) requires a business & marketing plan.

Some key questions are:

- Do you have enough money to run this venture or will you be looking for private or public investors?

- Do you have a location in mind? Will you be building from scratch or planning to lease a facility?

You also need to understand the current market demands (& prices) in the area you want to setup a badminton hall... that means you need to research your competitors!

If you are well off and just want to start a business, you may want to get someone who know the local industry and hire that person as a Manager or better yet offer shares to the venture.

Cheers!

3. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    wah..good advise..bu the way..the plan has ben made. i will run the business with my own money..and approximately, i think i had enough to cater the first investment.

The location also has been choosed and i will build it up from the scratch.just want to know extra things like about the court detail.I means, how much to but those materials.

The situation here in melaka is very good and what can i say, it was overwhelming..just lack of competition.If competition always arise, soon it will be better.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good lah kawan. Well done. Don't forget to invite me. ;)

5. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    haha..ok..by the way..i need a lot of information from u guys here..share some a bit..what floor di you prefer to play..etc..something like that..

6. vittorio790

vittorio790 Regular Member

Lots of things to consider:
    Floor -wooden, concrete
    Space between courts (need space for unpire, linesman)
    Walls - color , no windows - sound absorb
    ceiling -color(not white) , lighting , ventilation?
    Toilets, shower, storage space, handicap, spectator area, first aid, fire ,space for pro shop, office, electronic lighting/booking system

#6 vittorio790, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just chipping in..

..as for your query on what type of floor we like to play on, well, to be frank, personally, i prefer a rubber floor mat on a soft padding/wooden floor, similar to the ones used in international pro competition. Of course, if that's too much on the cost, then a nice springy type wooden floor is welcomed and more than enough. If those two options are not feasible, then a floor rubber mat on a concrete floor is okay.
    What comes next is the lighting. Then background wall/curtain color, ceiling's color. Then the rest of the amenities (e.g. pro shop, lounge, locker room etc.)
    Any extras would include air conditioning, considering your new baddy gym is in Melaka (very humid part of the world).:p
    Btw, here's a similar thread. Check out the pic in one of the posts to see a very nicely built baddy hall:cool::
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62737

#7 ctjcad, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  8. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    wah..thanks man..

9. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    thanks man..is was such a good information for me..i will consider the floor mat that i will use..:D..by the way, yup,,very hot here in melaka..