Replacement Grips

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Carbonex Player, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Carbonex Player

Carbonex Player Regular Member

Student
    Currently im using a Cab20 MS
    In order to keep it's balance, im going to have to either play w/it's original grip OR with an over grip + lead tape on the head to balance it.

To eliminate the extra weight from both over grip + lead tape, I will need a replacement grip. Can anyone recommend to me some good replacement grips that are durable and stays tacky for a long time? So far i have one grip in mind, i just want know what good grips are out there in the market.

Thanks

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I just bought my Cab20 MS for over a week. I put a overgrip on it, to get more "feeling" for it. To me, a over grip is not very heavy, and did not really change the balance of the racket (at least, I did not notice it)

Therefore, if u only want to put a over grip, I don't think u need the lead tape at all. However, if u actually go for the lead tape to add some weight to the head, then, maybe u can just ignore my post. :D

3. Carbonex Player

Student
    Actually the overgrip makes quite a difference in the feel of this racquet, it changes this racquet's balance from medium to head light

next time ... before you change your overgrip, try holding/playing with this racquet without the overgrip. You should notice the difference.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    hmmm... really...

Actually, I did tried the racket without my overgrip for like 1+ hr. I really did not really feel too much difference after I put the overgrip on.

Maybe because I am more like a defensive player, who don't smash that much?

5. Dai10k3n

Dai10k3n Regular Member

Student
    hey carbonex player...

to tell u the truth...i dont think you should put the lead tape on at all...it'll stress the racquet...

i've seen what grip you use...its really not heavy at all ....maybe its just a mental thing you have...cause i held your racquet before and it really dosent make a large difference....

oh yea...what grip do u have in mind ne ways?

6. Carbonex Player

Student
    Karakal PU Super Racquet Replacement Grip