another one xO

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by shiroikicker, Aug 2, 2009.

1. shiroikicker

shiroikicker New Member

Movie Theater
    hello my name is mike ^^
    i started playing seriously maybe a month ago but have always played occasionally. Since starting to be serious i have usually practiced everyday i didnt have work in my basement or garage working on my footwork and backhand or my smash. I play usually every friday for 3 hours and sometimes saturday or sunday depending on my work schedule. I am actually kind of tall (6''2) so smashing is usually how i get points.
    im 16 and live in the mississauga area so you want to play around that would be amazing cause i need all the practice i can get xP

2. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

Hi Mike! Welcome to the vast world of BC.

Interesting...are you a Michigander by chance?? I am originally from Michigan...grew up there. Now I live in China and have just recently picked up the sport here. Lots of fun!

BTW, I am also 6'2" tall.....my Chinese friends tell me I run like an elephant. Stomp - stomp - stomp...HA!

Good luck....This is a great place to learn.

3. shiroikicker

shiroikicker New Member

Movie Theater
    aha mississauga is actually in ontario, canada. so cant say i ever lived in america xP
    Thats really cool to live in china and play there. I'm actually really quick on my feet cause i did martial arts for 3 years so i learned to move around ^^
    thanks for you luck though!

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, shiroikicker (Mike)!:)..Wow, you are indeed gettin serious abt the sport. For your height in badminton, it surely can be an advantage.
    As for playing places & playing buddies in your area, please visit the Places to Place/Local Events->Canada East sub-forum/section.
    In any rate, keep coming back & enjoy the forum!;):cool:

5. shiroikicker

shiroikicker New Member

Movie Theater
    haha thanks i used to play volleyball and i guess thats why i got so used to smashing. I'll be sure to check it out, thanks for the advice ^^