LEE Hyun Il

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ljq, Oct 14, 2002.

1. ljq

ljq Regular Member

What do you think about him?

He is very deceptive and very sure of his shots. And what makes me surprised is that he is a left-hander. Most left-handers do not have a strong smash.

Unfortunately, he lost to Taufik IND. :( Too bad.

What do you all think of him?

2. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

well based on my observation of his game against taufik, he makes too many mistakes at the net. also another thing i note is that his major weakness is a smash into his body forehand side. btw, i dont think his game is very deceptive... he was deceived about twice by taufik too :D mebe Im just biased coz im an Indo :p

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Technically a very strong player.

I just love his smashes. He seems to have a very short wind up yet produce great power. Looking closely, he has very good hip rotation. A very subtle movement not wasting much energy. In fact, it's hardly noticable.

I think he has a propensity for nervousness in the finals of any tournament. re Japan Open 2001, Thomas cup 2002 and now Asian Games 2002.

4. ljq

ljq Regular Member

I agree with you.

He was doing fine in the semis, trashin the IND player. He had a killer drop shot, just at the line, tricking the IND player.

Unfortunately, he could not do that at the finals.

Also, he seems to hit the the left and suddenly hit to the right. That helped him a lot.

5. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    If you read about the MS final on the official Asian Games website he admits he just couldn't get his game going while Taufik was having a great game. I'm sure when he gets over his jitters he'll truly be a force to reckon with in the MS elite.