User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    BG66M cost me about 10US dollars from shuttle house without delivery costs.
    I've strung it at 24lbs on my N9900 and must admit that it feels better than BG66S at the same tension and sounds better too. But a word of advice when stringing is that you don't over tighten your knots on this one. I made a silly mistake where I used the machine to pull the starting knot for the cross section and therefore the vertical string had snapped where this knot was placed after 3 games from a miss hit in defence.
    I then re strung this racquet with NBG95(jp) at 24lbs and it felt like a dog. Somehow you need to put more effort into each shot with NBG95 than BG66M/S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i preordered these strings when they came out from mybadmintonstore and ive got to say the are very good. great control and power compared to any other string ive used before. i strung it at 27 on a li ning n77. for some reason the next day it went down to about 25 or 26 so idk if its the strings or the stringer. but overall these are really good strings and they havent broken yet =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KLFreedom View Post
    Hi ants

Which string has better repulsion power? Nanogy 98 or BG66M? How about other aspects? Control, durability, shock absorb...
    BG66M has better repulsion and Control. Nanogy 98 has durability and Shock absorb.

However for the thinness of Bg66M. I would say it is more durable than Bg66 itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waaa 10 packs!!! So much money right there. That's a PP10000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, ants, where did you get that many BG66M? Is it available in Malaysia now?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My test set of 66M arrived just now - looks THIIIIIN! Also got some SOTX HS-63, a relative fat boy at 0.66. I'll leave testing until the New Year, as I already have some kick-arse Zymax 62 in my go-to rackets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singapore sell BG66m? Any idea where?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a racquet strung with BG66M at 27x29lbs, one-piece "haribito" at Shuttle-House. Broke after like.. 10mins.. I blame the stringer. Really repulsive but horrible durability.

RSL SuperTi630 (0.63mm) strung by ae86trueno at around the same tension, never broke for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still waiting for someone to compare Nanogy 98 vs BG 66 Maxima.

Currently I play with Nanogy 98 and Armortec 900 Power (4G). I like this combination. With 25lb tension I seem to get a lot of power. Anything over 25lb tension the string doesn't last that long. With 25lb it usually lasts one month for me and I play 4 times a week (2-3 hours).

I actually prefer BG 66 but it breaks after one week. So, this BG 66 Maxima looks very promising. All the good stuff from BG 66 and more durable. Please help!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ezish View Post
    Still waiting for someone to compare Nanogy 98 vs BG 66 Maxima.

Currently I play with Nanogy 98 and Armortec 900 Power (4G). I like this combination. With 25lb tension I seem to get a lot of power. Anything over 25lb tension the string doesn't last that long. With 25lb it usually lasts one month for me and I play 4 times a week (2-3 hours).

I actually prefer BG 66 but it breaks after one week. So, this BG 66 Maxima looks very promising. All the good stuff from BG 66 and more durable. Please help!
    Our friendly forumite ants did give a short comparison a few posts above:
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    BG66M has better repulsion and Control. Nanogy 98 has durability and Shock absorb.

However for the thinness of Bg66M. I would say it is more durable than Bg66 itself.
    I also have been using NBG98 at 27lbs on my Arc Z and Nano9900, for around a month plus now and they're still holding strong for as long as the time you have spent with yours. IMHO mine should last about 2 months before it would start fraying. Or perhaps you have been smashing too hard with it? It's a thin string you know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Our friendly forumite ants did give a short comparison a few posts above:

I also have been using NBG98 at 27lbs on my Arc Z and Nano9900, for around a month plus now and they're still holding strong for as long as the time you have spent with yours. IMHO mine should last about 2 months before it would start fraying. Or perhaps you have been smashing too hard with it? It's a thin string you know
    Yes, I can second that 2-month longevity: same racket too, but 25lbs. I was smashing without restraint all the while. I found after the NBG 98 started fraying in several places on the string bed the performance went down a lot and it felt odd after a while Did you get a similar impression after the fraying begun? or am I just imagining things?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrisBT View Post
    Yes, I can second that 2-month longevity: same racket too, but 25lbs. I was smashing without restraint all the while. I found after the NBG 98 started fraying in several places on the string bed the performance went down a lot and it felt odd after a while Did you get a similar impression after the fraying begun? or am I just imagining things?
    I can hardly break strings, even on my offensive-based hard smashing racquets

And I use a usual tension of at least 27lbs (although I do have 24 pounders on some "abuse-prone" or "not-affordable-to-break" racquets; the strings on those last even longer). It could be something to do with my constant hitting of the sweet spot.

When I do break strings the reason is because I have mis-hit really badly and hard on an odd spot on the string bed, which could happen anytime without notice and without much variable from the age of the string and how much abuse it has taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  P045_1.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  134.0 KB

From Yonex Badminton 2010 catalog via shuttle house. Based on the 2009 catalog, the columns (left to right) represents hard, medium, and soft feeling respectively. So what does the new 4th column (where the bg66m sits) represent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know where I can get BG66 Maxima in Malaysia?
    Or is anyone interested to make bulk purchase from shuttlehouse or mybadmintonstore?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also want to try out BG66 Maxima - Any Singaporeans got 1 to sell? Need to test it out first before i order only.....Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jk1980 View Post
    Anyone know where I can get BG66 Maxima in Malaysia?
    Or is anyone interested to make bulk purchase from shuttlehouse or mybadmintonstore?
    Yes i will definitely be interested. Pls let me know when the time comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like not many willing to make the jump to try this string out yet

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast