Ashaway Micro Power White... helppp...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by alphazed1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    well.. had BG 65 strung at 24lbs.. lasted for a gud 7 months.. gave my racquet for restringing.. this time with a Ashaway MicroPower White (Sir Dinka s reviews lets say)... nw the shop does have the Ashaway strings.. the cover says Ashway Micropower... nothing else was mentioned on the Cover... but the string color is white... is this the one tht i was looking for??.... :confused::confused::confused:

TOld him to string it at 23*25 Lbs.. 4 knot stringing... n the guy snaps back.. "we dont do local stringing.. we do machine stringing".. totally boggled... absolutely dumbstruck... cudnt make head or tail of it.. kindly enlighten me here please... someone??.... :crying::crying::crying::crying:

so it ll b strung with 2 knot stringing at 23* 25...

Questions:
    1. 2 knot strining with diff tensions across Main * cross strings... is it practical??.. i mean.. since the string wud b the same acrss both main n cross (without a break) wont the tension b same throughout.. wont 23* 25 in this case cause an imbalance??
    2. Is the string tht i went for actually the one tht i was lookin for??... i got it 200 INR... around 4 USD tht is..

Kindly help... :p:p:p

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

IMHO the 4 knot stringing method is better for maintaining consistent tension in the string bed because the string on either the cross or main side won't have 'room' to 'bleed' into each other and balance off the tension as time passes by. What you do get with the 2 knot pattern is that it is much simpler to do and you can get your racquet back in less time than you would if you ask for 4 knot (2 piece stringing). Another thing is the 2 knot (1 piece stringing) gives a stiffer and more evenly tensioned bed initially.

As for the string I'm sorry since I don't have much experience other than with Yonex models.

3. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    Thanks Blitzzards... but i still feel tht 2 knot stringing for diff tensions across main n cross is not suitable.. somehow...

also.. racquet is carbonex 8000 Lt... 3U -- 4G ... guess it ll sustain 23* 25 without a frame bend..

can anybody help me with the questions pls...??

4. badminter

badminter Regular Member

In the UK at least, micro power is the name of the string and the white, blue etc is just the colour. All the same string as far as I'm aware.
    And with regard to the local stringing/machine stringing comment he made I have no idea what he is trying to say I'm afraid.

5. Alom

Alom Regular Member

The 2 knot method is initially good (stiffer) but I find it looses tension quicker. It is much faster to string.
    The 4 knot takes longer to string but provides better tension ratio and doesnt loose tension as quickly.

The 4 knot is better overall.

As far as I remember, the MicroPower packet will just say 'MicroPower'. It does not say white.

6. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    well... done is done nw... racquet s back with a 2 knot 23* 25 Lbs stringing...
    Observations -- the sound is amazing.. tht metallic ting.. and the power (repulsion factor) is gudddddddd.... find it better than BG 65.. loving it...

The questions still remain.. pls do fill in the void with knowledge tht i seek for...

7. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    The stringer is not experienced enough to do a 4 knot-stringing?....I have yet to seen a stringer like that except in LN retail stores in China....LOL!

8. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

please can someone confirm that MicroPower only has "ashaway USA" on the string itself?

9. Fylde_Sports

Fylde_Sports Regular Member

Racket Sports Supplier
    The strings by manufacturing standards should have the particular string model/make/name on them: Hurricane XD or Micro Legend XL or Powergut65 and so forth. I do not have any MicroPower string in which I can check so I can only presume, don't quote I may be incorrect.

10. badder

badder Regular Member

I only have a reel of Ashaway MicroPower. The string can be white or blue or purple as far as I know. The package does not indicate the string color (well, obviously you can see the color of the string, you don't read the color). Not sure what individual package will look like.

Personally experience is that this MicroPower is much better than BG65.

For the string pattern, 2 knots or 4 knots, I guess that is a long debate. Bottom line is to try both and pick what you like.

I always do 2 knots string myself. However, I start main from the middle to each side, then go up for the cross from one side, then go down for the cross from the other side (it is basically same as so called HARIBIDO method, or Victor method).

For mass production, they use 2 knots but normally start the main from one side to the other, then go to cross from bottom up.

So when you talk about 2 knots, you have to understand how the 2 knots is being done. For the way I use, it is better than 4 knots as far as my personal favor goes.

Attached Files:

11. badder

badder Regular Member

For those scientists or FBI, here is the Ashaway MicroPower and PowerGut 66 under microscope. Pics are what I taken and posted on another forum.

Attached Files:

12. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

very impressive photo :)

13. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    looks so very slimy under the microscope.. Nano Anaconda... ;-)
    Both the strings look alike.. besides the color.. wht r we looking for here in terms of the diff in the gut...???

14. badder

badder Regular Member

The PG66 is 0.66mm and MP is 0.70mm. But it looks like PG66 is thicker than MP under microscope.

PG66 has a rough textured surface and MP is more smooth.