User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..is it really peaceful & quieter in this forum??..*scratches head*

Good recap, Dato Asbullah..M'sia might not have lived up to the WC & Olympics Gold aspirations, but at the very least they've got some AE, SC & TC titles in the cabinet..
    What have MAS won ''recently''?

MAS won the AE title in 2003 (HH) & 2007 (KKK/TBH).

MAS won the Thomas Cup in 1992.

Other than that, we have to rewind back 50++years ago........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaib View Post
    SC ????? i think it still hard for them to grab it....
    MAS have 2 worlds no. 1 - DLCW, CEH/WPT. And another elite pair - KKK/TBH. So theoretically, yes, MAS is able to win the SC. But practically......MAS need miracles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaib View Post
    SC ????? i think it still hard for them to grab it....
    ..yes, a typo on my part...Thank you for actually reading it carefully!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

..yes, no major title for MAS to show for since 2007. We all can see that..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure your life will be a bit bored without Pemuda...
    are you talking about you yourselves?

I can see that MAS actually have won nothing 'recently' ..But i hope the new and the latest will be commence shortly..another 1 more week to go..
    MAS have 2 worlds no. 1 - DLCW, CEH/WPT. And another elite pair - KKK/TBH. So theoretically, yes, MAS is able to win the SC. But practically......MAS need miracles.
    yeah, so pray hard for mas in this year wc then..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like to think that Malaysia is on the resurgence since we last won our thomas cup.. we have more and better players..... .our youngsters are. at least promising somewhat...

the new guard......
    there is one hope in julia wong and perhaps lydia cheah
    there might be hope in 1 or 2 up and coming youngsters
    there is a handful of mens doubles to look forward to
    mix doubles and womens doubles.. maybe not yet

compare this to the rather gloomy years of post thomas cup win.. that last one

i am an optimist

i think the original poster's theory on politics and race is bunch of bs... and is disrespectful to all those excellent malaysian badminton champions of yesteryear

regards
    manlat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    i would like to think that Malaysia is on the resurgence since we last won our thomas cup.. we have more and better players..... .our youngsters are. at least promising somewhat...

the new guard......
    there is one hope in julia wong and perhaps lydia cheah
    there might be hope in 1 or 2 up and coming youngsters
    there is a handful of mens doubles to look forward to
    mix doubles and womens doubles.. maybe not yet

compare this to the rather gloomy years of post thomas cup win.. that last one

i am an optimist

i think the original poster's theory on politics and race is bunch of bs... and is disrespectful to all those excellent malaysian badminton champions of yesteryear

regards
    manlat

I think u are right. The Malaysian Badminton got good back up especially in the MD,WD and WS,

We are more optimistic than the last 5/6 years ago. All we do now is just GROOM them well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quote=ctjcad;1222873]..is it really peaceful & quieter in this forum??..*scratches head*

[/quote]

Oh yes, much more peaceful. Debates & 'long posts' are more for real life situations. Debating online doesnt make much difference in actual scheme of things anyway, just good for practice , that's 1 reason this thread's just 3 pages.
    Less postings of press articles or other info, lest certain people complain why so many posts .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly speaking.... for a country that treats sports semi-pro like Malaysia does.... I do think we are doing pretty okay in th badminton department.

what's the fuss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    honestly speaking.... for a country that treats sports semi-pro like Malaysia does.... I do think we are doing pretty okay in th badminton department.

what's the fuss?
    How does MAS treat sports semi-pro, especially badminton sports?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does MAS treat sports semi-pro, especially badminton sports?
    I'm sure we can surely consider our nation set up on sports not as 'commited' as countries such as indonesia and china and even countries such as denmark. These countries have different forms of set up from each other, but nevertheless they have somethings our that i can not imagine Malaysia having.

China & Indonesia have players (as is really many) fully involved in badminton from a super young age as compared to Malaysia. How many 13/14 year old Malaysians do you know whom fully commit themselves to badminton?

Denmark & Indonesia both are 'Badminton Club' superhouses. Do you see any trully organized interclub league matches going on in Malaysia. KLRC being the main exception, do you see any Malaysian club actively sending their players to international events? There may be a few, but nothing the man on the street would even be anywhere aware off.

These 'inter club leauge matches' are not some shoddy tournaments set up to promote some new product or give a YB some good press. If you go to countries like Germany, you will observe that they treat these leagues as proffesionally as they treat their football counterparts. Did you know clubs like Bayern Munich & etc have badminton teams as well?

Lets look at our national players. They are pretty much govermont funded. So they do not get the 'professional player' experience of their counterparts from say denmark, europe & etc feel. They are almost assured of going to tournaments and salary slips at the end of each month. professional? not exactly.

I'm sure some of our players are 'active-business man'.

doing business for extra income is sure fine, but sometimes we wonder if badminton eventually takes the back seat. Then instead of calling them 'badminton players doing part time business'.... they become 'business man doing part time badminton'.

Semi-pro??? Yes I think our nations set up can generally be called that. But we are doing OK! no?
    Last edited by jug8man; 08-08-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eerrmm..

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    ...Debating online doesnt make much difference in actual scheme of things anyway, just good for practice , that's 1 reason this thread's just 3 pages.
    ..don't you think one of the main reasons this thread only generates only 3 pages is because the absence of Pemuda??..
    Did you see the "damage" he generated to the KKK & TBH's 2 threads??..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..don't you think one of the main reasons this thread only generates only 3 pages is because the absence of Pemuda??..
    Did you see the "damage" he generated to the KKK & TBH's 2 threads??..
    That's why lor I said, now much more peaceful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Who is pemuda? hmm, i'm sure u surely dont wanna know him for God's sake

and yeah, he is really a good boy.
    george, i m neutral here but i can see by looking at some threads, you have some history with Pemuda. As a malaysian myself, I have to say that Pemuda's comments made sense and are factual. I think his only fault is the way he presented his facts/arguments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    quote=ctjcad;1222873]..is it really peaceful & quieter in this forum??..*scratches head*

Oh yes, much more peaceful. Debates & 'long posts' are more for real life situations. Debating online doesnt make much difference in actual scheme of things anyway, just good for practice , that's 1 reason this thread's just 3 pages.
    Less postings of press articles or other info, lest certain people complain why so many posts .[/quote]

But if the postings are facts, we cannot ignore. Sometimes we as fans are blinded with our unconditional support that we cant accept reality.

With LCW beaten last night, I guess En Pemuda must have had the last laugh as he was proven right again

After last night, I m starting to agree with him about our players. It is a pity when he was here, it was like the whole world vs Pemuda alone.

I hope now that our doubles players will deliver tonight or else it is going to be more painful, having Pemuda proven 100% correct.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Malaysia is still in the Top 5 best Badminton playing nations

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post

honestly speaking.... for a country that treats sports semi-pro like Malaysia does....
    I do think we are doing pretty okay in the badminton department.

what's the fuss?

This is very true.

Although MAS is still in the Top 5 best Badminton playing nations, CHN is way, way ahead from the rest of the Top 5.

So, if Malaysia is to "Boleh"; much work is required by BAM to get MAS to overtake CHN. It's not an impossible task, but it could take years to achieve.

At the same time, DEN, INA, KOR, and many nations are trying to do the same to improve.

So "What's the fuss?"...
    Currently, we have to congratulate CHN for maintaining their top position.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-15-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not fully laffing..

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Leong View Post
    With LCW beaten last night, I guess En Pemuda must have had the last laugh as he was proven right again
    I hope now that our doubles players will deliver tonight or else it is going to be more painful, having Pemuda proven 100% correct.
    ..if Pemuda is reading this forum, he's probably smiling. He will laugh + be 100% right should either of the MAS MD pairs fail to win the MD title..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    This is very true.

Although MAS is still in the Top 5 best Badminton playing nations, CHN is way, way ahead from the rest of the Top 5.

So, if Malaysia is to "Boleh"; much work is required by BAM to get MAS to overtake CHN. It's not an impossible task, but it could take years to achieve.

At the same time, DEN, INA, KOR, and many nations are trying to do the same to improve.

So "What's the fuss?"...
    Currently, we have to congratulate CHN for maintaining their top position.
    I agree. The point I'm trying to make is that in the context of Government involvement on improving Badminton level.... Malaysia will not be able to trully overcome China which has a trully fully deeply regimented structure to do so.

It is in their country's culture that Malaysia nor a country like Australia can replicate. I shant go into details.

What we can hope for are for Govt efforts to be complimented by highly professional, capable & commited badminton athletes. But even if do or have such players, that success is still never guaranteed and such we must not fault our country nor our athletes.

Lee Chong Wei, with yesterdays defeat is the best example. Extremely dedicated & professional, but carrying the burden & expectation of the entire nation... Already the newspapers are writing negative press.

So Kiasu. Should we not further encourage his valiant efforts? In the end... it is our Malaysian general public mentality which needs changing. Been said before long time ago... 1st class facility but still 3rd class mentality

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast