NS 9.9K, AT 900t, or ARC 10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by feather_guy, Aug 5, 2009.

1. feather_guy

feather_guy Regular Member

Hi all, I'm another newbie here. :)

I have recently decided to buy a new racquet, considering either Nanospeed 9900, Armortec 900 Technique, or Arcsaber 10.

When I play singles, I usually use clears, drops, slices, netshots,etc, to move and tire my opponent out, and then finish them off with a smash or two.

I play MS and MD, but I'm actually only looking for a singles racuqte, because I already have a racquet for doubles.

So now I'm wondering, which of those three racquets would better suit me?

Thanks,

feather_guy

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

IMHO the Arcsaber 10 should suit your playing style the best. The other two were designed to be more attacking rather than deceptive play with high frame repulsion to begin with.

3. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    I second to the above opinon. Arc Saber 10 will suit your playing style as it is a more well-rounded racket compared to the rest of the options. It has powerful smashing but at the same time provides quick manuverability when comes to defensive playing. Besides, Arc Saber 10 is also a good racket for doubles play.

4. feather_guy

Thank you for your replies.

I think that I had read somewhere that the ARC 10 takes more time for people to get used to then other racquets for some players. Is this true, and if so, do you know how long it will take?

Thanks,

feather_guy

5. Blitzzards

It really depends on what racquet you're coming from into adapting the Arcsaber 10. It is pretty evenly balanced but has a special quality of being slightly flexible on the frame part making shots seem to hold thus generating some interesting shots.

As per smash power I tend to like the NS9900. Mine is a 3UG4 which is already pretty lethal because of the etremely fast head speed. Am planning to get a 2UG4 to improve on the follow through momentum for even harder smashes =)

6. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    Yes, that's right. It took me few weeks (playing 8 hours per week) to adjust with the Arc Saber 10. I was using AT900 Power & MP99; so when switching to AS10, I have no issue in adjusting to its control & manuverability, but had issues to produce powerful smash (perhaps due to my weak arm :D).

7. feather_guy

NS 9900 compared to ARC 10, would the NS 9900 have more control, because it's more headlight?

But after those weeks, all aspects of your game were back to normal, right?

Thanks,

feather_guy

8. Blitzzards

It should be okay for you. The AT900 Power and MP99 BoyGenius was using were pretty head heavy to begin with, and then the Arc10 is just very evenly balanced, giving a different feel. The frame is also slightly flexible compared to the others, making the shots feel different.

On the other hand the NS9900 actually takes a bit of wrist plus arm strength to fully utilise it, since it's headlight/even balanced with a pretty stiff shaft that's hard on the arm if you're not used to it.

9. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

Had the same decision a month ago. Tried all 3 rackets and settled for the NS9900. I have an attacking style with a strong wrist and can generate strong smashes with this racket. I don't think the control is as good as the 900T or AS10 though.

It doesn't sound like you're a big smasher though so you're probably better with the 900T or AS10. I'd go with the AS10 as I could never get used to the 900T.

10. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    Yes of course; once I can get use to AS10, all aspects of my game went back to normal - even at better rate :cool:. Blitzzards is probably right, AT900P & MP99 are leaning toward head-heavy; so when switching to slightly lighter head, timing was an issue. Without ability to hit the shuttle at the right time, powerful smash hardly appears.

11. feather_guy

Many thanks for all the replies.

I will look into buying an ARC 10 after reading all your advices.

12. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Arc10 is very based on personal preference. For me, I don't think you will like Arc10 since you don't do much smashes, and instead you are more tactical. Another thing is that you gotta use high tension to get the "feel" from Arc10 because at low tension. this racquet just feels dead.

I would think NS9.9K suits you better because you can do all of those moves a lot quicker and more precise and accurate. Also, you won't tired yourself out with this racquet since it's very light and easy to move around.

AT900T is a beast inside, but you have to use it for a while to get used to the feel of it before you can fully utilize it. Therefore, you will definitely not consider this racquet.

13. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I concure that Arc 10 would be ideal for you. This is a great racket for netplay/deceptive play and has that 'touch' to it. It is a well balanced racket and has that 'flick' at the end of your shots and can provide a 'boom' of a smash if/when required. I have one of mine strung at 26/28.6lb and another at 28/30lb. Great. My doubles partner has his at 24/26lb and he plays like you (as mentioned), has completely changed his game since he bought it. I play aggressively and smash a lot, this provides everthing I need. For singles this works perfectly and depending on how my tennis elbow is that day, I either use this or my trusty old 1st gen At700 4U! FYI one of the guys who plays at the same club as me (Ranked 17th in UK Mens Singles), uses this racket as his main racket.

Hope this helps.

14. feather_guy

Thanks Gemcat and Alom for your additional comments.

I've just been to the store, and they are willing to let me try out the racquets, except they'll only let me take out 1 at a time. So I'll try to try out both the ARC 10 and NS 9900 before I make my purchase.