Apacs Lethal 50 fake or real?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by UKPav, Aug 6, 2009.

1. UKPav

UKPav Regular Member

Student
    I bought a lethal 50 from racquet_sports (based and shipped from MALAYSIA) on ebay who has currently a feedback score of 379, although i did not directly buy it from ebay, we communicated through e-mail to haggle so i bought via paypal invoice. I bought two rackets from him at the time and this is just one of them, the other one is arriving late due to scratches on the first one. For the lethal 50 I payed 65 USD including bg 80 strings at 27x29, i don't think if it was fake he would string at that tension. But from physical pressure to me it doesn't feel like 29 lbs but I wouldn't be sure anyway since I'm no expert.

The thing that bothers me most about this lethal 50 is that it's double shaft is supposed to show at the top of the racket shaft and stick out by like a few millimetres at least as shown on apacs website pictures, but the double shaft in this one (if there even is one) is flat against the bottom of the head shaft and is a lot smaller looking than the other pics. Here are the racket pictures:

http://img411.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=06082009145.jpg

It's the last picture that concerns me the most, shouldn't it look like the picture on this thread:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63414

Also where there is a dip in the bottom frame of the had where the double shaft is, mines doesn't has that, instead it is flat.

2. UKPav

UKPav Regular Member

Student
    I recieved an email from racquet_sports after i sent a complaint about the double shaft and they replied:

"Dear Sir,

I also ask to Apacs Malaysia when I received the racket (Lethal 50/60), and they replied:-

1. The Lethal 50 / 60 now is made in their own factory and confirmed is double shaft.

2. They revised the connection part at between the shaft and the frame (which you complaint not the same) is because they received complaint the previous Lethal 50's "small cap" easy come out after some time.

3. This is the new batch, even you buy from Apacs in UK, Canada or USA, they you shown you the revised Lethal 50. (accept they have old stock). Because all the stock is supplied by Apacs Malaysia.

4. I have the original invoice from Apacs Malaysia for the lethal 50 I ordered, it can prove It NOT FAKE.

Andrew"

I'm relieved at this point, but i'm going to email apacs.co.uk just to confirm!

3. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    hi UKPav

how did you go?

what did you find out?

4. UKPav

UKPav Regular Member

Student
    Yeah apacs confirmed it, just a design upgrade.

5. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    good to know! i've just ordered a tantrum 200 :)

how do you find your lethal 50 btw? care to give a short review? haha.

6. onezai

onezai Regular Member

technician
    tantrum 200 vs lethal 50

t 200 has more control n power...

7. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I find the T200 is faster and an ideal doubles racket. Whereas the L50/L60 is more stiffer and slightly head heavier than the T200, ideal for singles..

8. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Yeah, I own Lethal 50 & Tantrum 200...bought recently. Couldn't try it until this Saturday. I will comment it later after my training.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I ended up selling my T200 because it was too heavy, to the point where I couldn't adjust the balance, and because the frame felt very tinny on mishits - I was almost positive I was going to bork it if I played with it much longer.

I'm hoping to try the L50/60/70 soon to see if they're any better.

10. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member