Racket Suggestion

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ram9009, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ram9009

ram9009 Regular Member

Textile Trading
    Hi,
    Kindly suggest me a racket. I used to play badminton as a part of my excercise. I am playing for last 3 years. right now i am having a Yonex Titanium Pro 30. really i dont know the advantage of this racket, my friend got it for me from Dubai. I usually play defensive game and also do some smashes in between . I only have a very small budget around 50 to 60 $. If u find my question is silly please forgive me. if it is right suggest some rackets, what I want to get it from Dubai.

2. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    If you are playing style lean toward defensive style, yonex nanospeed series are probably the most suitable for you. Nanospeed series generally have light-head characteristics; enable the player to move and manuver the racket effortlessly therefore providing better defensive playing. Clearance and drives are not difficult to perform with light-head racket either, sliced drops are easily executed as well. Smashing, however, will have lesser power compared to head heavy rackets.

You may want to look at Nanospeed 500 or Nanospeed 800 as a start. Alternatively, you can look at Muscle Power series. They are more well balance. Muscle Power 10 Light (LT) is probably good choice given your playing style.

If you are willing to consider other than Yonex, Apacs rackets are value-for-money rackets.

3. ram9009

ram9009 Regular Member

Textile Trading
    While enquired at Dubai Mkt, in store they have Muscle Power 2, 5, 7... Armortec 150, and my friend suggest Armortec 150 finds suitable for my budget any reccomendation out of these models

4. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

i think light head rackets are harder to clear (any power shot) VS heavy ones, it basically doesn't generate enough power for me, but it keeps me fresher swinging the light head racket.

5. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

AT 300, that's what I have, IMO it's more of a balance racket, nice to have because you can have enough power but it's lighter than say a heavy headed racket (AT250 or Ti10). Although I prefer the AT250 over the AT300, if you want a cool racket in most situation, the AT300 is quite nice. and cheap too. I bought mine for 100 dollars, the AT250 is 40 bucks.

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Go with Apacs nano superlight 75