breaking in the shb 101

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by strobofred, Aug 9, 2009.

1. strobofred

strobofred Regular Member

hello,

last week I wore my new yonex shb 101 to training and after 2 hours of playing, my foot began to hurt. So i took them off and saw a giant blister on the inside of my foot. about 10 centimeters below my big toe, on the side of my right foot.

Now, I've never had any blisters from new shoes before, but it's my first time with yonex shoes.

I also noticed that, where i got the blister, the insole goes up (kinda where the lateral claw is I think, but at the inside of the foot). And i think my foot kept rubbing against it. even though i was wearing very thick socks.

Does anybody know if the sole will get used to my foot. because it's really annoying to play with. or do i need different soles.

Maybe some of you also get blisters there from playing?
    please tell me how you solved this problem.

thanks

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I'm wearing the LTD version of the model now. I have been playing with it for more than 10 hours now, games and training especially a 5 hours session yesterday with lots of jumping smashes and scissor kicks, but have not encountered any problem at all regarding feet bottom blisters.

I'mnt totally sure but it could be due to the shape of your feet bottom which keeps rubbing against the ridges on the feet plate of the model, which I think was designed for traction and prevention of movement of feet inside the shoes. It is normal I guess, Lin Dan for example was reported to have suffered from blisters from the newer models and thus stuck to the older SHB57C.

3. strobofred

strobofred Regular Member

hmm, i envy your foot shape then :p

do you think the sole will "grow" on my foot, so that it won't give me blisters anymore. because it would be a shame to have spent all that money on shoes that don't actually fit me.

it's very strange tho, I had the chance to wear them for 1 day. and while i was walking or jumping, I didn't feel it a thing. but then on the court something different happens i guess :)

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I guess 'extreme badminton footwork' is the thing that we all have to do when we're on the courts, and is also when we actually get to know better the shoes that we wear for the purpose.

As for your poor feet I really cannot comment on whether or not it will adapt to it. Our feet bottom are known to have the thickest skin layer compared to other parts of our body, and I really don't know if yours can 'refresh itself' to adapt a different pattern.

Although the best thing I can recommend is to sell them off at close to the original price to someone more suited and find a cheaper pair which may work exceptionally well like Lin Dan's case. Just my humble opinion though, I hope someone else here can give you a different and maybe better advice on what to do.

Good luck =)

5. gustaff

gustaff Regular Member

Work
    I have a pair of 101ltds...

I just wore them at home for like 1 or 2 days, totally around 4 hours and then I practiced lightly in them (training a younger girl) for an hour or so and then I practiced as usual. I had sore feet for some time after but no blisters.

Now they fit perfectly and no problem.

(My previous shoes, the SHB100s were exactly the same, hurt a little bit in the beginning and then perfect fit. I've never had any blisters from Yonex Shoes though...)

6. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Currently with a pair of 101MX and also a Victor 803D

Don't have much issues with both shoes except cushioning on the 803D. If you are saying your insole is sliding to the lateral claw side, perhaps that you tied your shoe laces not tight enough or the shoe size is slightly bigger than your feet?

Cos from your explaination, what I am thinking is that for the insole to slid there must be quite a lot of room in the shoe hence either you are not tying the shoe laces snug enough (I don't think I would use the word 'tight') or the shoe size is slightly bigger than it is actually fitting your foot with the shoe laces tied properly.

I don't think the 101s insole would move much if you have done the above correctly as the insoles have "higher walls" at the front.

7. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    My feet are fine in my 101MX....Probably you're wearing the wrong size? My regular shoes are US12, but my 101MX is 11.5...

8. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    hi, Blitzzards, mayb this is the wrong place to post this, but it said you location is sydney. i am jst wondering as to where you play/train in sydney as i am looking for some place. if you can help me out i'll really appreciate it.
    thx.