Forearm supports..are they worth it

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Dave "sparkey", Aug 9, 2009.

1. Dave "sparkey"

Dave "sparkey" Regular Member

engineer
    Hey, this is my first thread posted on here so go easy on, just to say hello and ask my first question, one of many.

Just to say that i did a thread search before writing this but if there is already a post up abou this subject then i apologise.

Right, sometimes after i play, the muscle that runs down my forearm, nearer the elbow, spasms and hurts, and a couple of times its starts to hurt during playing.

Iwas thinking about an LP Arm barce, number 786,and wondered if it would prevent this from happenning again?

any views would be appreciated :)

2. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm see i've had this problem in baseball but never in badminton (probably cuz there's A LOT more strain in baseball) but as for prevention i find the best prevention (and also the cheapest) is to warm up properly ie strech properly start slow and NO short cuts through it good luck ^^

3. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    Even a simple elasticized fabric based support *of the right size* will prevent the over stretching of the elbow (or knee) and will provide the necessary relief. It is more preventative than anything.

Do make sure you are sufficiently warmed up before any type of serious play.