What racket am I looking for?? ~~~??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Brian2000, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Brian2000

Brian2000 Regular Member

I have tried many rackets, but I still dont' know which racket is for me.

I used to own MusclePower 66, it was not too good for me at 21lb string tension, and it broke after 3 months.

I tried MP 99, it was great. Nanospeed 8000, was also great for me. I used the newest Nanospeed 9900, it was a little too light and bad for smashing.

I bought a Arc Sabre 10 replica, since it's a replica I dont' know if that tells me anything about the real AS10. It was a fair racket, but just not enough power.

I tried ArmorTec 900 Power and Technique, they were both fairly good.

I tried the Ti-7 from many years ago, it was good also.

So if you were me, what racket should I get now?:confused:

Regards,
    Brian

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    We don't know what you're looking for.
    Rate your level of play, what are you looking for in a racket (power or defense) Net play or smashing 2u,3u,4u?

Your experiences with the nanospeed 8000 and the 9900 dont even seem to be accurate since they're both 3u.

3. feather_guy

feather_guy Regular Member

What's your playing style? Are you going to use the racquet for singles, doubles? Answer questions like these for us to help you.

Right now, all I can suggest for you is to go with the Armortecs, since you said they were good.

4. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Regular Member

Employee
    Describing you playing style - as suggested by other members above - are most effective way to get BC members helping you in choosing rackets.

Anyway, it sounds that you have already tried many rackets with various different characteristics. If you still unable to decide, my suggestion is to go to well-balance rackets - something like MP99 or MP100

5. Brian2000

Brian2000 Regular Member

My playing style is mostly 80% smashing, 20% net play. (however, I am starting to play more net now.)

I play double most of the time 70%, and play single 30% of the time.

I assume 4U is too light for smashing?

Regards,
    Brian

6. canti

canti Regular Member

Student

4u can still smash well when you take in the armotec 700 or 900.

If you want to increase your net play but keep your smash at around the same level I suggest the Ti-10 or the Mp-100 or Armotec 800 def.

If you want to all out smash armortec 700/800of/900t
    If you want a non yonex brand then a victor bravesword 08 would be my choice.

7. Alom

Alom Regular Member

4U is good. If you smashing more then the At700/AT800OF/AT900P.
    But for all rounder if you want to also increase your net play, try the Arcsaber 10.

8. Alom

Alom Regular Member

Canti has given some good advice, I have the Bravesword 08. It is a good racket. Has power for smashes, heady heavy, stiff to mid-flex (good for all rounder) & quick.

9. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    Looks like you're trying to cover everything across the board. Try the 4U armortec 700. That will be a light weight racket with a pretty head heavy balance, which will give you a quick swing speed for effective smashes and drives, while not sacrificing too much defense.

The Victor brave sword 08 and 09 are nice as well, although i've heard that their defense is a little on the slow side.

10. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    Nanospeed 9900 is good on smashing, how come you say that nanospeed 9900 bad on smashing?

11. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    its just his take on the racket the light weight might have made it seem to him that the racket is bad on smashing.

12. Brian2000

Brian2000 Regular Member

I don't owe the Nanospeed 9900 myself, however, my friend let me use his for a game. It was a little light for my liking, I couldn't smash with it, (I am currently using 3U or even 91g rackets). My friend said the same thing to me, he said the Nanospeed 9900 was light and doesn't provide as much power as rackets like armortec 900 T or P.