User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    oh...from my memory...he is the champion..why huh???memory failure...T.T...
    Kenichi won the Asian Junior Championship... But runner up of the World Juniors...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_bun View Post
    Her mum was 1977 WC Champion but I dont know her name....
    Emiko Ueno! The All England WD champ of 1977 and WD World Champ of 1977... She was the queen of WD back then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    nah
    watanabe tatsuya is the most handsome
    handsome than lyd

Agreed! 200%

watch the QF last nite but couldn't keep my eyes open when kenichi played the 2nd set... but our instinct said he could pull a win and that he did... good job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Kenichi won the Asian Junior Championship... But runner up of the World Juniors...

Emiko Ueno! The All England WD champ of 1977 and WD World Champ of 1977... She was the queen of WD back then...
    Exactly........i tot the one who always right with his facts never wrong !!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

anything funny from the post 2 years ago??
    maybe someone is 2 year behind from my time frame

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Kenich's movement is awesome. "It's not just footwork!" He is moving around all court so smoothly, seamlessly and freely. I thought Shoji was one of the quickest MS players but Tago sang goes beyond that.

Not just movement, his mentality got very strong - check the scoring graphs against CJ and BCL.

yeah, his mentally and physical is so strong and good throughout this tournament. Besides, he show NO fear and played bravely against the china number 2 and 3 ms player respectively and he manage to beat them! His never say die attitude also i respect a lot..

anyway, good luck to him against datuk lee later on

Being in the FINAL of the ae already very big achivement already for this youngster.. i hope mas youngster will follow tago's attitude and commitment..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he will be serious contender for 2010 wc,2010 ag,2011 ae,2011 wc,2012 ae,2012 og
    and the list go on
    iah!
    will he be as good as taufik hidayat?
    my heart and brain say YES!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps better than taufik? heheheheh

China team will surely watch out of this youngster too in the future:cool;
    anyway, congrats for being the finalist of the ae ms final today

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    perhaps better than taufik? heheheheh

China team will surely watch out of this youngster too in the future:cool;
    anyway, congrats for being the finalist of the ae ms final today
    yeah
    thats why he deserve to be my fave
    even lcw doesnt qualify to be my fave
    hopefully
    another of my fave will also shine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tago 1st Japanese in 44 years to reach final at All England Open

Japan Today
    Sunday 14th March, 07:37 AM JST

LONDON

Kenichi Tago became the first Japanese in 44 years to reach the mens singles final at the All England Open Badminton Championships in Birmingham on Saturday.

Tago, No. 20 in world rankings, rallied to defeat Bao Chunlai of China 18-21, 22-20, 21-18 to advance from the semifinals for the first time since Masao Akiyama finished runner-up at the 1966 meet, according to badminton officials.

Tago also etched his name in Japanese history by becoming the first-ever to make the final in the 12-legged super series event, which was established in 2007 and features the worlds top 32 players.

Tago next faces top seed and Beijing Olympic silver medalist Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia in Sundays final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K. Tago has probably arrived? I mean either he wins it all or not, it's already a big statement by itself by making it thus far!

Poor LCW, he can win as many and ppl would still say things and if he don't (specially the AE)...arghh, I just feel sorry for the hard working LCW.
    Last edited by FIVEs; 03-14-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job by K.Tago.Hopefully he can keep up the good work and be in the top levels like the other top players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a feat to beat CJ and then BCL, and took LCW to 19 pts in final. But just like Choi beat LD and then fizzles like an ice cream cone in the hot malaysian sun (I just been back from KL), I like to see how Tago perform in the next major before he can be called the 'next one' or 'rising one'...err.. I mean the 'rising star'

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    It is a feat to beat CJ and then BCL, and took LCW to 19 pts in final. But just like Choi beat LD and then fizzles like an ice cream cone in the hot malaysian sun (I just been back from KL), I like to see how Tago perform in the next major before he can be called the 'next one' or 'rising one'...err.. I mean the 'rising star'
    I do think that Tago came in to the AE with more credentials than Choi did in the EAG. Tago has shown to possess pedigree in his Jr Asian Championship title and his Jr World silver medal. We could see him progressing strongly over the course of last year into this. Choi on the other hand, had no such track record or indication he would take a step up in his badminton career.

I would be very surprised, nay shocked, if Tago doesn't continue following his progress pattern

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I do think that Tago came in to the AE with more credentials than Choi did in the EAG. Tago has shown to possess pedigree in his Jr Asian Championship title and his Jr World silver medal. We could see him progressing strongly over the course of last year into this. Choi on the other hand, had no such track record or indication he would take a step up in his badminton career.

I would be very surprised, nay shocked, if Tago doesn't continue following his progress pattern
    I agree with you on your assessment. Also, Choi is an old fella in badminton age. Tago is 20, more accomplished and more time. By that, fair to rate him the rising one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tago was an absolute joy to watch this All England, his tricky shots and determined shot retrieval were very refreshing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday March 15, 2010
    Badminton fans going to hear a lot more of Japanese kid
    STORIES by RAJES PAUL
    THE badminton world was abuzz with Kenichi Tago when he became the first Japanese to win the Asian junior title in Kuala Lumpur four years ago.

And after lying low for some time due to injuries and poor physical condition, a more determined Tago has gained attention again with his dynamic performances in the All-England.

And this time, Tago, who will turn 21 in July, showed that he is here to stay for some time on the big stage.

On Saturday, the world No. 20 became the first Japanese to reach the All-England final in 44 years.

He set up a match against world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei after showing immaculate form in beating China’s Bao Chunlai 18-21, 22-20, 21-18 in an energy-sapping semi-final match that lasted 76 minutes.

En route to the semi-finals, the unseeded Tago also showed great spunk to beat three top players – Nguyen Tien Minh of Vietnam (seventh seed), Denmark’s Joachim Persson and China’s Chen Jin (third seed).

He was an instant crowd favourite whenever he was on court. He dived to reach shots, retrieving impossible ones and won admiration for his steely determination.

“As a child, I had always had this dream of becoming a world beater. I did not want to confine myself to only be a star in Japan but I also wanted to do well on the world stage,” said Tago.

“I came here to learn the attitude and playing style of world-class players. My achievement here is beyond my dream.

“I want this to be a great start. I want to continue to enjoy the game and be better in what I do. At least, that is what my mother has always encouraged me to do.”

As the son of Yoshiko Yonekura, a two-time All-England doubles runner-up and a semi-finalist in the world championships, the badminton court had literally been his playground since he was three-years-old.

Tago said that his sudden rise to form at the All-England had also to do with all the hard work he put in during physical training and the great fight he gave against Indonesia’s Taufik Hidayat during the Thomas Cup qualifying round in Thailand two weeks ago.

He went down 16-21, 23-21, 18-21 to Taufik in the semi-final tie. Despite the defeat, Japan qualified for the Thomas Cup Finals, which will be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from May 9-16.

“A knee injury hampered my progress last year. But when I got back to my feet, I worked out a lot. I just had to be physically fitter to challenge the best in the world,” said Tago.

“The match against Taufik was important to me too. It gave me the self-belief that I can do well in the All-England. And I am happy I have finally made it a significant event for Japan here.”

Tago is the first Japanese to reach an All-England men’s singles final since Masao Akiyama in 1966.

Japan’s chief coach Park Joo-bong said that Tago’s breakthrough and amazing fighting spirit did not come as a surprise.

“It runs in his family. He reminds me of his mother, who is a fighter too,” said the former Korean double ace.

“He already had the skills coming into the national team since winning the Asian junior title but could not run the pace in training. A lot of emphasis was given on his physical training to make him faster and stronger on court.

“Tago is highly disciplined and mentally a stronger player. The only thing that I was surprised was his vastly improved fitness condition. I thought he would be drained out by the end of each match but he returns the next day with a sudden burst of energy.

“He is certainly a highly motivated player and has a bright future ahead of him.”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Tago needs now, is the ability to complain and question bad line calls especially during pressure cooker situations. Neither LD, Gade or Taufik would have accepted the call in that last rally.

Even his legendary mild mannered coach Professor Park managed to eject and replace one line judge during his XD World Championship Finals match, playing the current BWF COO and Pernille Dupont. Ended up with Park and Chung Myeong Hee winning in 3.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast