User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Results 324 to 338 of 338
  1. #324
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    KT was just great in his match against LCW which landed him his first win over LCW in 15 meetings.
    LCW could have played too much badminton for his body of 31 years to take and he should skip playing the China and Indian Badminton Leagues if he is to prolong his badminton shelf life.
    Ideally he should just play the premier tournaments, the Malaysian (home), Japan (Yonex commitment) and Indian SS tournaments and end with the SS Masters Finals if he qualifies.
    KT could not reproduce the form in his match against JOJ and lost in two games 19-21, 21-23. He has reached the finals of 6 SS tournaments and is definitely a champion in waiting.
    Last edited by skchen; 10-27-2013 at 10:58 AM.

  2. #325
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    KT was just great in his match against LCW which landed him his first win over LCW in 15 meetings.
    LCW could have played too much badminton for his body of 31 years to take and he should skip playing the China and Indian Badminton Leagues if he is to prolong his badminton shelf life.
    Ideally he should just play the premier tournaments, the Malaysian (home), Japan (Yonex commitment) and Indian SS tournaments and end with the SS Masters Finals if he qualifies.
    KT could not reproduce the form in his match against JOJ and lost in two games 19-21, 21-23. He has reached the finals of 6 SS tournaments and is definitely a champion in waiting.
    KT should be more patient in the 2nd game where at the crucial stages he
    gifted points to JOJ by repetitively smashing out.
    Otherwise he could have drag it to a 3rd set and maybe win it.

  3. #326
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The amount of times Tago gets screwed over by line calls and umpires is ridiculous...
    Oh well, he still beat LCW for the first time in this tournament and that can still be considered a victory

  4. Likes Rob3rt liked this post
  5. #327
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He got lazy in the game against Jan O and started using his high-back all the time. He should've worked for the overhead instead like he did against LCW.

  6. #328
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another aspect of his game that needs improvement is the defence on his body smash.
    LCW used this a lot in JO but not in FO.

  7. #329
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    He got lazy in the game against Jan O and started using his high-back all the time. He should've worked for the overhead instead like he did against LCW.
    ...yes, he does this too much:


    ...gives his opponent too many clues about what shot to expect. If he can work harder and run round this shot (i.e. take it on the forehand) he will be far more threatening.

    I am, BTW, a real fan of Kenichi, and would love to see him achieve more.

    smautf

  8. #330
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    any1 interested in watching kenichi play doubles?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNvV9cl7HWM

    seems like he is using voltric 80 here

  9. Likes visor liked this post
  10. #331
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's so funny. The teammates on the left of the screen stands up to cheer every time their players wins a point. They probably have to this 42 times.

  11. Likes SigH-Max liked this post
  12. #332
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sumtimes he seems to be gave up early when he is far behind his opponent.he has the potential n good attacking game too.hope he cn reduce using his hgh backhand n choose overhead stroke or smash instead.

  13. #333
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    sumtimes he seems to be gave up early when he is far behind his opponent.he has the potential n good attacking game too.hope he cn reduce using his hgh backhand n choose overhead stroke or smash instead.
    KT is not making serious effort to eradicate his bad habits and improve his game.
    Tommy Sugiarto is a fine example of a limited player always trying to improve
    his game and I am afraid he has caught up with KT and will leave him behind in
    2014.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2014 to all BC members!

  14. Likes TheSmasherKing liked this post
  15. #334
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smautf View Post
    ...yes, he does this too much:




    ...gives his opponent too many clues about what shot to expect. If he can work harder and run round this shot (i.e. take it on the forehand) he will be far more threatening.

    I am, BTW, a real fan of Kenichi, and would love to see him achieve more.

    smautf
    It's a shame this very talented player has yet to win a SS tournament even though he has reached at least six SS finals and is now ranked world number four.

    Will 2014 will be his year to justify his lofty ranking?

    Hopefully so, for his and his fans' sake.


  16. #335
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    It's so funny. The teammates on the left of the screen stands up to cheer every time their players wins a point. They probably have to this 42 times.
    It's the way badminton is played in Japan. If you're not a regular, you're bound to be cheering on. Japanese badminton is very much group based, just like the Japanese society itself. A win in a game by a member of the group is a win by and for the whole group. Team effort is everything here.

  17. Likes george@chongwei, DStyle, nokh88 liked this post
  18. #336
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, he beats Chen Long. GG.

  19. #337
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Congratulations to Kenichi Tago

    Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    Yes, he beats Chen Long. GG.
    .
    Congratulations to Kenichi Tago.

    Link: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...CF07145&draw=2

    Many were expecting Chen Long to face Lee Chong Wei at the finals.
    .

  20. #338
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    finally Kenichi Tago earned the title of "Dragon Slayer" by beating Chen Long... for this moment...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Similar Threads

  1. 池田 雄一 (Yuichi Ikeda)
    By meiwu.kuaile in forum Japan Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 09-29-2011, 08:02 PM
  2. Rivalry of the Future - Kenichi Tago v/s Chen Long
    By cobalt in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 35
    : 08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
  3. Kenichi Tago ( 田児賢一 )!!
    By icecoldcoke in forum Japan Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 03-25-2011, 08:21 PM
  4. what racket does kenichi tago(japan0 use?
    By drizzly in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
  5. Kenichi Tago's mum
    By AlanY in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 17
    : 03-23-2010, 06:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •